West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have news.

The bloke i talk to works at the Academy and says he has been told everything.

Basically Liverpool put in a bid at 9am ish for 27.5 million plus incentives reaching 30 million. PARDEW not Ashley rejected the offer.

At around 2pm i think it was Liverpool put in a 32.5 million offer plus incentives reaching 35 million which we initially rejected.

Pardew called Carroll to his office at SJP, and Nolan drove AC there. In the meeting Carroll said 'he loved the club and didn't want to go'. However that he wanted a new contract of 60K  a week to stay.

Pardew said we'll meet later after he'd spoke to Ashley. He told him the situation and Ashley said no, as it will send out wrong messages to the other players. Pardew was told that AC will be offered a new contract in the summer, and that he had to wait 5 moths to get his new deal. Ashley was prepared to break his wage structure for AC.

The press conference was called off to allow the next meeting which was at 4pm.

Pardew told Carroll this and Carroll asked for the 60k. Pardew said no wait til the summer. Carroll then said well i want the opportunity to talk to Liverpool and see what they'll offer. Pardew asked for this request in writing. 

Ashley gave AC his helicopter to have a medical etc and he signed the contract at 9pm.

Make of that what you will. I have told this forum things before so believe it if you want. I know my mate wouldn't p*** me about he's been right before. He told me Barton's contract has been signed and it will be anounced this week or early next. We also have bought a player from Rennes and will be given the number 8 shirt.

This has the ring of truth for me, but possibly just because in broad outline it's pretty much how I already understood things must have happened.

Glad he didn't score in the 5-1.

Would tarnish the memory of a great day.

Aye good point. At least Shola won't fuck off, he's ours forever!

Guest guinness_fiend

Aye good point. At least Shola won't f*** off, he's ours forever, on some Twilight Zone "what the fuck?!!" tip.

ruined my previous laptop wallpaper of it with the tramp in the backround  :weep:

Aye I've just got that lush cartoon style Shola one now.

ok worried by the synchronism here  :frantic:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Is Pards in a position to reject bids? Especially for serious wonga.

I think once it starts getting into stupid territory as the Carroll bid was it is a board decision

Is Pards in a position to reject bids? Especially for serious wonga.

I think once it starts getting into stupid territory as the Carroll bid was it is a board decision

Chairman Mike Ashley feels this offer was too good to refuse and has decided to take matters into his own hands by accepting this transfer bid on behalf of the management.