West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

'In the meeting Carroll said 'he loved the club and didn't want to go'. However that he wanted a new contract of 60K a week to stay.'

:hmm:

What i was told.

I can obviously see why people are a bit 'meh' about this, and thats fair enough :)

Time will tell particularly with the Rennes player (midfielder i think). The lad i was talking to is trying to find out the name of the player.

I forgot to add that the bids we made at the end of the window were all rejected as we were getting quoted astronomical figures. These strikers to replce Carroll were:

Crouch

Elmander

Carlton Cole :lol:

Again make of it what you will. I'm just passing on what i've heard. :)

Owen Coyle said that they had no bids at all for Elmander.

Guest guinness_fiend

Still can't believe the lanky streak of piss that could barely control a football 2 years ago has gone for £35 million. Amazing really.

I said in relegation season he'd probably end up in league 1. :lol:

:lol: 

Remember the contoversy when he was given the number 9 shirt? Bizarre.  To be fair, a mate of mine said at the start of last season he'd be England's first choice centre forward in two years time.

Remember to kick your mate square in the balls next time you see him.  No-one likes a smart-arse.

Anyone else still feel absolutely gutted, regardless of who was to blame? :-[

yup.

TheGuv's post doesn't really paint any party in a particularly bad light, though i'll be disappointed if we accepted £32.5m when the news sources were reporting bids in excess of 35m/35 rising to 40. Also be fucking furious if we've seriously bid for peter crouch, johan elmander and carlton cole.  :lol:

suppose we'll know if Rennes announce one of their players has agreed to join us...

yup.

TheGuv's post doesn't really paint any party in a particularly bad light, though i'll be disappointed if we accepted £32.5m when the news sources were reporting bids in excess of 35m/35 rising to 40. Also be f***ing furious if we've seriously bid for peter crouch, johan elmander and carlton cole.  :lol:

suppose we'll know if Rennes announce one of their players has agreed to join us...

The Rennes player malarkey is a pre signed contract i think :undecided: or whatever its called so he  won't be coming til the summer. So i doubt Rennes or us will say owt. (If it's true)

Yes. Even though I don't blame either party in this too much it feels awful to have lost a young player who had his whole future here ahead of him. Can't stand Liverpool at the best of times but I won't be able to watch their games now.

Sylvain Marveaux IIRC is out of contract soon and last I heard he'd agreed a deal with Liverpool, can't remember if it went through though. Makes sense though because he'd be a bargain player in the cheap git mould.

Would be a decent signing by all accounts if it wasn't bullshit.

TheGuv, who told your mate this?

That aside, I think I'll throw some conjecture of my own into the thread. Like James Milner did, Carroll 'probably' agreed a £25k 5 year contract with the club on a good faith basis, and was led to believe it would soon increase if appropriate in line with his career progression. On the day he was sold, he was 'probably' told he won't be getting a rise until nearly the end of the long term deal and that he shouldn't have signed it if he didn't like it. 'Accept this or make a transfer request'.

Guest guinness_fiend

P.S.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/02/02/article-1352777-0D0285BF000005DC-118_468x689.jpg

Even funnier when you notice the heels.

http://bareknucklewriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/oompaloompa.png

Par for the course in Liverpool.

That aside, I think I'll throw some conjecture of my own into the thread. Like James Milner did, Carroll 'probably' agreed a £25k 5 year contract with the club on a good faith basis, and was led to believe it would soon increase if appropriate in line with his career progression. On the day he was sold, he was 'probably' told he won't be getting a rise until nearly the end of the long term deal and that he shouldn't have signed it if he didn't like it. 'Accept this or make a transfer request'.

No my mate who works at the Academy told me this :)

Sylvain Marveaux IIRC is out of contract soon and last I heard he'd agreed a deal with Liverpool, can't remember if it went through though. Makes sense though because he'd be a bargain player in the cheap git mould.

Aye out of contact at the end of the season so we'd of been free to talk to him.

P.S.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/02/02/article-1352777-0D0285BF000005DC-118_468x689.jpg

Even funnier when you notice the heels.

She'll be black and blue in no time.

No, wasn't having a go - the last bit was separate. I know he told you, I was wondering who he said had told him/believes the story - Carroll's friends or Pardew kind of thing.

Yes. Last two mornings I've woke up and it's been the first thing I've thought of. Depressing, I don't mind admitting it'll take me a while to actually like the game of football again.

Yes. The set of circumstances that saw him grow into becoming our number 9 won't be replicated any time soon.

Yes. Last two mornings I've woke up and it's been the first thing I've thought of. Depressing, I don't mind admitting it'll take me a while to actually like the game of football again.

Worst thing is as well, due to his injury we'll just start to forget about it and then he'll begin banging them in for them. :(

Guest guinness_fiend

Yes. The set of circumstances that saw him grow into becoming our number 9 won't be replicated any time soon.

*cough* Cometh the hour, cometh Dutty Custard *cough*

Aye out of contact at the end of the season so we'd of been free to talk to him.

Thought as much, actually makes sense that ITK then.

No, wasn't having a go - the last bit was separate. I know he told you, I was wondering who he said had told him/believes the story - Carroll's friends or Pardew kind of thing.

Oh right sorry.

Just sort of general knowledge between the coaching staff there tbh. He knew the gist of it but was mainly told the craic off one of the main physios. Thats how he found out the bit about the Rennes player. He probably shouldn't have been told but the physio must have let it slip :undecided:

Fuck Carroll.  The thick prick isn't going to ruin my love for the game.  Granted a lot of the romanticism has been eroded away by the rampant capitalism of the modern footballing era, but I have a lot of memories unsullied by it.  And these big money fuckers haven't quite figured out how to get into my mind and corrupt these memories.