West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Gemmill

Is he supposed to stand at the match all miserable and sulky? As if thats going to happen regardless of how he feels, he'd be lynched by the Liverpool fans.

How people are almost letting MA off with this one is incredible. I dont understand the whole chain of events ending with the transfer request either - but the fact that NOT ONCE did we state as a club that Carroll was not for sale says clearly we were prepared to sell him all along.

When the first bid came in, where was the club statement stating our prize asset was categorically not for sale?

Face it, we've been fucked over again by MA, and come the summer people will have forgotten the promises about getting 'every penny' of the £35m and we'll be lucky to spend £8m.

This is Mike-Ashley-Online.com.  Don't speak out of turn about the man that's laying the foundations for long term future success at NUFC.

:lol: at the people complaining at the lad smiling ffs.  Ridiculous.

Come off it man, the vast majority don't think that at all. There are just as many people on Toontastic who stick up for him as well.

I don't read this forum that often tbh, Dave.  Mainly because of some of the outlandish support that I've read in the past for that fucking fat arsehole.  The poll on this thread tells a story though.

Carroll left the club he said he loves despite barely being into a very decent, long contract and giving up the #9 shirt. Are you seriously suggesting there shouldn't be people pissed off at him at least in part for this?

I think it's ridiculous to expect him to knock back what amounts to a difference of £14m in wages alone over the course of the 5 years.  It was the club's responsibility to a) not put the deal in front of him, or b ) accept that his value had changed once Liverpool offered that contract, and acted to secure their asset.  They failed on both counts.  At that stage, I don't blame the player for leaving at all.

Yep. If an asset is worth £35m you've got to either look after it or, if you feel it's maximised, sell it.

They cashed in.

Said the same from day one. I don't blame Carroll for leaving when it was clear he wasn't appropriately appreciated/valued where he was.

ah so just hand out new contracts every couple of months completely breaking a well established wage structure what a way to run a club

Setting an unmanageably low wage ceiling is an equally shit way to run a club.  I look forward to all the deals that fall through during the summer as we ask players to take paycuts to come and join Mike Ashleys cut-price revolution. 

The blame is split 50:50, we all know MA is the type of modern day Capitalist we all despise but AC should understand that even though the BOARD didn't want him, the tens of thousands of Newcastle supporters didn't push him, we would have stood with him if he rejected to speak personal/contract terms with Liverpool, don't we live in democracy not North Korea?

Is he supposed to stand at the match all miserable and sulky? As if thats going to happen regardless of how he feels, he'd be lynched by the Liverpool fans.

How people are almost letting MA off with this one is incredible. I dont understand the whole chain of events ending with the transfer request either - but the fact that NOT ONCE did we state as a club that Carroll was not for sale says clearly we were prepared to sell him all along.

When the first bid came in, where was the club statement stating our prize asset was categorically not for sale?

Face it, we've been fucked over again by MA, and come the summer people will have forgotten the promises about getting 'every penny' of the £35m and we'll be lucky to spend £8m.

This is Mike-Ashley-Online.com.  Don't speak out of turn about the man that's laying the foundations for long term future success at NUFC.

Come off it man, the vast majority don't think that at all. There are just as many people on Toontastic who stick up for him as well.

I don't read this forum that often tbh, Dave.  Mainly because of some of the outlandish support that I've read in the past for that fucking fat arsehole.  The poll on this thread tells a story though.

Carroll left the club he said he loves despite barely being into a very decent, long contract and giving up the #9 shirt. Are you seriously suggesting there shouldn't be people pissed off at him at least in part for this?

I think it's ridiculous to expect him to knock back what amounts to a difference of £14m in wages alone over the course of the 5 years.  It was the club's responsibility to a) not put the deal in front of him, or b ) accept that his value had changed once Liverpool offered that contract, and acted to secure their asset.  They failed on both counts.  At that stage, I don't blame the player for leaving at all.

I completely agree with you. I just don't think it's fair to portray everyone on here (or indeed the prerogative of the entire site) as supporters of Mike Ashley. It's bollocks. Nearly everyone hates the cunt, just like on Toontastic.

I completely agree with Gemmill too. Not sure what the majority on here think if I'm being honest. Seems to be a fair amount of people that think that we are being steered in the right direction though.  :lol:

Guest Gemmill

I completely agree with you. I just don't think it's fair to portray everyone on here (or indeed the prerogative of the entire site) as supporters of Mike Ashley. It's bollocks. Nearly everyone hates the cunt, just like on Toontastic.

Aye fair enough, I came in here and saw the poll and the criticism of a kid smiling at a football match, and thought here we go again.

There's still some mongs knocking about though cos I've only posted 5 times and I've already had Pie and this kelly kid licking me windows. :lol:

Face it, we've been f***ed over again by MA, and come the summer people will have forgotten the promises about getting 'every penny' of the £35m and we'll be lucky to spend £8m.

This is Mike-Ashley-Online.com.  Don't speak out of turn about the man that's laying the foundations for long term future success at NUFC.

:lol: at the people complaining at the lad smiling ffs.  Ridiculous.

I don't read this forum that often tbh, Dave.  Mainly because of some of the outlandish support that I've read in the past for that f***ing fat arsehole.  The poll on this thread tells a story though.

I think it's ridiculous to expect him to knock back what amounts to a difference of £14m in wages alone over the course of the 5 years.  It was the club's responsibility to a) not put the deal in front of him, or b ) accept that his value had changed once Liverpool offered that contract, and acted to secure their asset.  They failed on both counts.  At that stage, I don't blame the player for leaving at all.

You can't blame Ashley for accepting £35m for a player if the wage structure doesn't allow him to match his demands, you can't blame Carroll taking a massive payrise and the chance to play for Liverpool.

You can have a pop at him though for playing the whole, "I didn't want to go, I was forced out" bollocks. If he can get a better paid job elsewhere, just go. But don't pretend to play the crying game saying you were pushed out the door. He knows the frosty relationship between the fans and owner, and has manipulated it beautifully.

I completely agree with Gemmill too. Not sure what the majority on here think if I'm being honest. Seems to be a fair amount of people that think that we are being steered in the right direction though.  :lol:

Lots of posters equals lots of posts, and lots of differing opinions. It's not rocket science. If we all thought the same there'd be no point of the forum at all.

Guest thefishman

im 100% certain cashcunt, was responsible for ac leaving, why the fuck would he be up here on deadline day with his choppa? to oversee irelands loan, fuck off! He knew all along the CUNT! Good luck andy lad, but you'll be back,

im 100% certain cashcunt, was responsible for ac leaving, why the fuck would he be up here on deadline day with his choppa? to oversee irelands loan, fuck off! He knew all along the CUNT! Good luck andy lad, but you'll be back,

or try and get someone else in?  hes been at the club deadline day before its not new

By the way is it true Carroll is on £90,000 a week at Liverpool? If so, what the hell are Liverpool doing?! Would people have been happy with him getting that at Newcastle? Crazy stuff.

If we're going to take rumours as gospel, word is he only wanted 60k, which is what, 5-10k more than Smith is taking?

By the way is it true Carroll is on £90,000 a week at Liverpool? If so, what the hell are Liverpool doing?! Would people have been happy with him getting that at Newcastle? Crazy stuff.

80k being reported.

From all sides it seems Carroll was told he would have his contract re-negotiated in the summer. He couldnt wait a few months though and chose to jump now.

Yes we all now Ashley is driving the club into the ground, but on this deal, it was the player who chased the money. How on earth could we have justified raising his wages to the reported 70K a week whilst at the same time, reportedly lowering Joey Barton's, who has been playing his best season for us?

Carroll would have had a raise in the summer though, but he showed what he thought of the club when he ponced off to Liverpool as they would give him the cash now.

Yes we hate Ashley but fucking hell, it hurts a lot more when "one of our own" decides to shit on the club as well.

Guest Gemmill

The poll on this thread tells a story though.

Same old story then... laying any blame on Carroll = support for the owners :rolleyes:

Laying the blame exclusively on Carroll, as 44% have done, shows an inability to assess the situation at best.  Support for the owner at worst.

Carroll could be on the end of more aggro because we all know the owners are cunts (Carroll included), yet he still turned his back on the club.

There isn't any question of who gets 'support' here and it doesn't mean they are trusted.

It's too simplistic to talk about him turning his back on the club.  It's a short career, and if he's to be believed he's being told he's not wanted by his current employer, and there's a prospective employer prepared to pay £35m for him and almost treble his wage.  £14m over 5 years.  He knows that contract negotiations at Mike Ashley's Newcastle are going to be few and far between, and that if he scored 25 goals a season for the next 4 year, he'd still not get £80k a week out of Ashley.  Which makes his decision a no brainer, once they told him they wouldn't open up negotiations with him.

And whether he was told he was not wanted is up for debate, but having seen Lambias's crack in the paper today, it wouldn't surprise me at all.  These blokes are despicable cunts and I don't understand how ANY Newcastle fan can give them the time of day.

Guest thefishman

im 100% certain cashcunt, was responsible for ac leaving, why the f*** would he be up here on deadline day with his choppa? to oversee irelands loan, f*** off! He knew all along the c***! Good luck andy lad, but you'll be back,

or try and get someone else in?  hes been at the club deadline day before its not new

Look at his past record, hes a lying cunt! Where are these other supposed targets, as pardew clearly stated they made a few bids late last night, they are taking us all for fucking fools! Also check out pardews events, i was having a metting with the cunts and andy popped his head round the door, but then he says andy came into my office for a meeting, its all bollocks!

Agree with Gemmil.

I dont really understand the bitterness towards Carroll really to the extent that some on here have it. Its crap that he agreed to go, but put in his position all footballers would make that choice. Thats the world they live in.

Agree with Gemmil.

I dont really understand the bitterness towards Carroll really to the extent that some on here have it. Its crap that he agreed to go, but put in his position all footballers would make that choice. Thats the world they live in.

the problem is he cries in the chronicle and to wraith i didn't want to go oh woe is me etc etc when he could have quite easily not gone there is no way he could have been forced out

Agree with Gemmil.

As I've said, I don't have a problem with him thinking Liverpool is a good move. But leave it at that, he shouldn't go whinging that he didn't want to go.

Guest Gemmill

Agree with Gemmil.

the problem is he cries in the chronicle and to wraith i didn't want to go oh woe is me etc etc when he could have quite easily not gone there is no way he could have been forced out

Jesus Christ.