West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tell you one thing, I bet he's impressed at seeing how a proper club is run.

Best comment of the night Dave.

Couldn't agree more, good for him for joining a club with GENUINE AMBITION TO SUCCEED whether it works out for him or not. I'd have done exactly the same

For other examples of this see Beardsley, Gascoinge, Waddle, Milner, Given and the ultimate 'Judas' Hamann who left to go on win several trophies

I think its fairly safe to say though, he didnt join Liverpool because f their ambition.

Couldn't agree more, good for him for joining a club with GENUINE AMBITION TO SUCCEED whether it works out for him or not. I'd have done exactly the same

For other examples of this see Beardsley, Gascoinge, Waddle, Milner, Given and the ultimate 'Judas' Hamann who left to go on win several trophies

I think its fairly safe to say though, he didnt join Liverpool because f their ambition.

ambition and money aren't too far from the same thing tbh

Except that Liverpool are run terribly and were considered a shambles until Dalglish took over a few days ago.

So what you mean is Liverpool were run terribly then, and now maybe this signals that the future might be on the up for them.  As opposed to, say, a team who needs to amass about 10 more points with a strikeforce of Best, Ranger and Lovenkrands.

Hm.

Except that Liverpool are run terribly and were considered a shambles until Dalglish took over a few days ago.

So what you mean is Liverpool were run terribly then, and now maybe this signals that the future might be on the up for them.  As opposed to, say, a team who needs to amass about 10 more points with a strikeforce of Best, Ranger and Lovenkrands.

Hm.

Well yeah, but just spending massive money on two forwards doesn't make them a well-run club.

Judging them just by the last 72 hours is a bit crazy.

Hm.

Well yeah, but just spending massive money on two forwards doesn't make them a well-run club.

Judging them just by the last 72 hours is a bit crazy.

erm the point is they were run terribly as they'd ceased investing in the squad, had loads of shit/average players and a manager that was wrong for the club

in the last 72 hours they've let go torres but signed a potentially very good partnership things seem to be clicking more on the pitch

i'm not judging them on the last 72 hours anymore than i'm judging the current owners/manager on what happened before they were in place and the transfer window opened tbh

you can only judge them from now, and they've started ok for me - 6 points off 5th with the season they've had so far, personally i think they'll finish 5th now and build more in the summer

The commentators were doing my nut in last night. "Let's just talk about how Newcastle will cope without Andy Carroll"!!!!!

He's going to be out injured for another 4 weeks so would have made absolutely no difference to our performance ffs!

True.  However, we had accepted we would struggle for a few games but we knew Carroll would be back and there would still be enough games to pick up points.  Just cannot see where the goals will come from and  I worry about the damage to the morale of the other players.

Probably been mentioned already anyone else have the calender and found his pic for February :lol:

Went straight in the bin, after changing his positon to rentboy and birthplace to sunlun.

Shola's injury highlights how ludicrous it was on the club's side.

Surely if they were desperate enough to spunk £35m on him we could have said "This would leave us with no strikers, you can only have him if you give us one of your rejects like Jovanovic or N'Gog on loan till the end of the season"?  Why do we never think of these things?  Remember when we wrapped up the deal to sell Given and then went "Oh, by the way, can be buy Michael Johnson?

Freddie wouldn't have sold him.

Guest neesy111

Henry Winter proving what an utter cunt he is:

At Anfield. Carroll quietly impressive, voicing respect for #nufc but adding #lfc "feels like home now" because of "fantastic reception"

Absolute crap comparison from Fat Fred there with regards to him turning down Liverpools offer for Shearer. I take it he's on about when they offered 3m for him in the summer of 2003 I think it was. Apart from £3m being a world away from £35m (even at Shearers age), he was our captain and was in the goalscoring form of his life still so of course £3m isnt anywhere near as tempting as £35m for a 22 year old with half a seasons Premiership experience. He's just loosely using a fact that he turned down an offer for Shearer as if he turned down huge money for him at his peak.

Guest neesy111

Bollocks.  He'd have cum on the spot at the thought of that sort of cash.

If we want to talk about people taking money out of the club, let's talk about Freddy Shepherd.

Exactly.  Can we forget about that fat cunt, talking about one of them is bad enough.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Henry Winter proving what an utter cunt he is:

At Anfield. Carroll quietly impressive, voicing respect for #nufc but adding #lfc "feels like home now" because of "fantastic reception"

Really wish I had written the 'Dummies Guide to Joining a New Club and winning fans over' Book. Would only have been 3 sentences.

".... big club."

"... huge support."

"... winning stuff."

In my first season in the Championship I scored 24 goals, promoting my side to the Premiership. In my first season in the Premiership I had 15 goals by February, scoring against the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal, leading to an international call up for an England friendly. Am I a £35mil striker? No, I'm Michael Ricketts.

Not saying Carroll will turn out the same way, because I don't think he will, but you can hardly blame Ashley for accepting the bid, especially looking at how things could turn out.

i wonder if ferguson is pissed of that liverpool has such a good strikeforce now.

Rooney is quality but hes been very poor so far this season.  However tho I think lfc will be like nufc in the 90s...good attacking, but fragile at the back.

meanwhile another season where we drift(sideways) towards ashleys heartattack )