West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't blame anybody.  Liverpool are stupid for offering £35m for him.  Ashley would have been stupid to turn it down.  Carroll would have been stupid not to go.  The fans lose out because we lose a good player and he won't be replaced with similar quality but trying to apportion blame is pointless imo.

I don't blame anybody.  Liverpool are stupid for offering £35m for him.  Ashley would have been stupid to turn it down.  Carroll would have been stupid not to go.  The fans lose out because we lose a good player and he won't be replaced with similar quality but trying to apportion blame is pointless imo.

if any blame is to be attached it's to carroll for trying to come out of it smelling of roses and making out like he was forced out.

Tend to agree.

We're the ones that are left most disappointed, quelle surpise.

Look how much we missed him tonight, I can't believe we sold him and ended up with Ranger and Lovelyhands up front tonight, fuck's sake Cashley!!

We missed Tiote and Ben Arfa much more than Carroll tonight TBH.

Obviously he's a very good player who might have turned a few of our stupid forward passes into decent opportunities, but I don't think this defeat was about not having Judas Carroll in the team.

Mind you, I've been thinking...imagine if by some amazing twist of fat (or better still, by virtue of actual team effort) we'd won this game 2-0 or 3-0 tonight. Nobody would be crying out about a relegation danger or a striker crisis. All there would be was recognition that it was an astute bit of business, selling Carroll at such a premium before the bubble burst, and Ashley & Llambiarse would have been vindicated in their "wisdom".

Obviously he's a very good player who might have turned a few of our stupid forward passes into decent opportunities, but I don't think this defeat was about not having Judas Carroll in the team.

I'm sure he's taking the piss, I wouldn't bother.

Mind you, I've been thinking...imagine if we'd won this game 2-0 or 3-0 tonight. Nobody would be crying out about a relegation danger or a striker crisis. All there would be was recognition that it was an astute bit of business, selling him at such a premium before the bubble burst, and Asley & Llambiarse would have been vindicated in their "wisdom".

This is why I shouldn't log on straight after games, everything is extreme after a defeat (and a shit performance). I still always do mind!

The worst thing is we'll now get well beaten by Arsenal (which we would have done anyway) and the sky will be falling in by Saturday night.

This is why I shouldn't log on straight after games, everything is extreme after a defeat (and a s*** performance). I still always do mind!

The worst thing is we'll now get well beaten by Arsenal (which we would have done anyway) and the sky will be falling in by Saturday night.

Tiote is back, have faith.

For what it's worth, I think the Arsenal game will be closer than most think. It'll be easy for them, but they won't win by more than 2 goals.

Half will still talk about missed chances and how we should have taken points, but the general consensus will be that we played well and that we'll be safe if we continue to play like that.

Crisis over (until next week)

Look how much we missed him tonight, I can't believe we sold him and ended up with Ranger and Lovelyhands up front tonight, fuck's sake Cashley!!

:thup: just wanted to hop on the bandwagon while it's still popular :)

After looking at the whole thing, I blame everybody involved as they've all fucked the fans and the rest of the team over. Everybody could have said no to this ffs, even with the transfer request on the table. If you want success then you have to have a top class striker in your team who is capable of 15+ goals a season, and hold firm in situations when teams come in but we've completely fallen at the first hurdle. In today's game even £35m is useless if it's not spent right and I have strong doubts that it will be in the summer. It looked like we were going to build our team around him and there was even hope in some corners that we could scrape europe this season (ok yes though it may have been a bridge too far this season, the potential was still there for years to come). For the first time since Sir Bobby's reign I was starting to feel proud of our team again.

Our self-destructive management have once again found a way to ruin the good progress we have made in the last year and we now have to start again, which could take another couple of years now that we have absolutely no strikers capable of scoring. This is completely ignoring the possibility of relegation by the way, which would take even longer. Getting rid of Hughton was one extreme, but this just absolutely takes the cake. Why would you agree to sell your best asset to a rival club with 5 bastarding hours chance of finding a replacement, one which won't be better than the asset leaving? It just defies common sense, and nobody else would do it. What's worse is if by some miracle we do find an adequate replacement who is able to hit double figures by Christmas then he'll be off in the next January window when someone else comes in for him.

As for Carroll, he claims he was forced out but was under contract for 5 years man. What, are they gonna terminate his contract, or break his legs if he'd said no? He's a money grabbing snake and shouldn't be forgiven for holding the club he supposedly "loves" to ransom, for leaving us in the shit, and naturally I hope he's a massive flop for them. The whole thing still makes me sick and I'll be astounded if we survive the drop with the pile of shit we have up front now.

Everybody involved in this transfer hang your fucking heads in shame.

Guest neesy111

JUDAS CARROLL

Succinct, accurate and straight to the point. (The prematch banner)

Photos?

It was there, I was only 5-6 rows front of it.  Also I would like to note I got called a fickle bastard by a fan for calling Andy Carroll a wanker.

The fickle fans are the one's that like to make Ashley to blame for everything that is wrong in football in general to which they are out there.

The fat cockney bastard chants were certainly there but no where near as bad as against Liverpool (h) or in the few games last season after the whole Sports Direct @ St James' Park shit.

Guest toonlass

Was shown on SS2 on a split screen with Carroll walking out to an ovation at Anfield.

I must have missed it. Didn't take much notice before the game tbh.

I don't blame anybody.  Liverpool are stupid for offering £35m for him.  Ashley would have been stupid to turn it down.  Carroll would have been stupid not to go.  The fans lose out because we lose a good player and he won't be replaced with similar quality but trying to apportion blame is pointless imo.

Tend to agree.

Idiots.

Tend to agree.

Idiots.

Love you.

Tell you one thing, I bet he's impressed at seeing how a proper club is run.

Best comment of the night Dave.

Couldn't agree more, good for him for joining a club with GENUINE AMBITION TO SUCCEED whether it works out for him or not. I'd have done exactly the same

For other examples of this see Beardsley, Gascoinge, Waddle, Milner, Given and the ultimate 'Judas' Hamann who left to go on win several trophies