West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It forced us to get rid of the likes of Owen, Martins and Viduka

Think you will find having no contracts at the club saw off two of those.......

We tried to renew the contract with Owen..Luckily for us he didn't sign our proposal.

As we tried well before we were relegated how exactly did it force us to get rid of him?

"Forced" was probably a bad choice of word regarding Owen. But my point is that the relegation forced the club to amend their transfer policy.. It obviously showed that buying "big names" was not not good for the club.

I'm confused (easily done) are we supposed to be in the wrong for putting a £1m price tag on him when he was a reserve player with little premiership experience?

If it hadnt been for Shola's hip glue needing replacing he would of probably still been on the bench for most of last season

Guest Roger Kint

It forced us to get rid of the likes of Owen, Martins and Viduka

Think you will find having no contracts at the club saw off two of those.......

We tried to renew the contract with Owen..Luckily for us he didn't sign our proposal.

As we tried well before we were relegated how exactly did it force us to get rid of him?

"Forced" was probably a bad choice of word regarding Owen. But my point is that the relegation forced the club to amend their transfer policy.. It obviously showed that buying "big names" was not not good for the club.

Relegation showed that buying big names was not good for the club? Jesus wept, relegation meant we were in a lower league, we had no bloody say in the matter regardless ffs. As Jonny Hall says its hardly a shock.

It all hinged on us coming straight back up. If we hadn't, the downward momentum would have continued and we'd have done a Leeds, relying more on younger players and possibly facing another relegation.

From all accounts, it was Smith and Nolan who united the squad behind the effort required. I know we've knocked them as players, but we owe them for that leadership they gave at the crucial time.

Yes, that would have been the most likely result if our promotion had failed.

And you're spot on regarding Smith and Nolan. Although Smith's quality on the pitch has not been the best this year, his role both on and off the pitch during our Championship season should never be forgotten. Chris' role would have been so much harder without Smith and Nolan.

Crucially, that message they gave that the players who didn't want to stay could fuck off was the right one at the right time. It not only established some unity, it meant that the other players were giving themselves the positive message that they were good enough to do it themselves.

It's worth bearing that in mind when it comes to players like Barton or Enrique who may or may not stay. If they want to stay, then great, but fretting and bending over backwards to please them gives everyone the wrong message.

All those efforts to try and persuade Owen to sign a new contract when he was clearly uncommitted were a bad mistake.

Hopefully he'll struggle settling and coping with teammates. Doing his thing in his free time. Coming back in a season or two for £12,73 m.

No thanks. Once a traitor, always a traitor.

Bollocks. Young and blinded by money - still a geordie. Would take him back at a flash.

Moron.

Of course he will.

My point still stands.

Ad hominem. Cute.

Well you're about the last person I'd expect to quote latin, but each to their own retarded response. If you want Carroll back you're an absolute mug. No two ways about it. An absolute mug.

Of course I am. Once again - Ad hominem. Still cute.

Actually, I'm going to be a bit of a hypocrite. Well, maybe not, I'd say it's quite valid: A response is not retarded just because you fail to understand it. That's your problem.

I don't care what you think about me wanting Carroll back. He is a geordie, loves the club (well, not as much as money maybe) and should be our future. Unfortunately things have turned out how they did, but I have hopes he comes back in the future when we're a better club able to pay bigger wages. You have your view, I have mine. End of.

Loves the club my arse. Your argument falls down when you bring love of the club into it. If he loved the club half as much as you think he does he wouldn't be wearing red tomorrow would he? End of.

Guest Loven11

Hopefully he'll struggle settling and coping with teammates. Doing his thing in his free time. Coming back in a season or two for £12,73 m.

Bollocks. Young and blinded by money - still a geordie. Would take him back at a flash.

Moron.

Of course he will.

My point still stands.

Ad hominem. Cute.

Well you're about the last person I'd expect to quote latin, but each to their own retarded response. If you want Carroll back you're an absolute mug. No two ways about it. An absolute mug.

Actually, I'm going to be a bit of a hypocrite. Well, maybe not, I'd say it's quite valid: A response is not retarded just because you fail to understand it. That's your problem.

I don't care what you think about me wanting Carroll back. He is a geordie, loves the club (well, not as much as money maybe) and should be our future. Unfortunately things have turned out how they did, but I have hopes he comes back in the future when we're a better club able to pay bigger wages. You have your view, I have mine. End of.

Loves the club my arse. Your argument falls down when you bring love of the club into it. If he loved the club half as much as you think he does he wouldn't be wearing red tomorrow would he? End of.

Totally agree with NEEJ.

Moron.

Of course he will.

My point still stands.

Ad hominem. Cute.

Read my whole post, please. Blinded by £££. Would've stayed if given the same money, or something close at least. It's not always black or white.

What fucking tosh get in the real world ffs as loads of players leave the clubs they love & play elsewhere.

Moron.

Of course he will.

My point still stands.

Ad hominem. Cute.

Read my whole post, please. Blinded by £££. Would've stayed if given the same money, or something close at least. It's not always black or white.

I did read your whole post. I highlighted the point you made about him 'loving' the club. Absolute drivel. He's a little fucking money grabbing charver. He left his hometown club for the sake of £30k a week. Cunt.

What f***ing tosh get in the real world ffs as loads of players leave the clubs they love & play elsewhere.

Shut the f*** up man. The point he's making is that he loves this club so much when he clearly doesn't. If you're happy enough to stick up for him then all the best. Good luck, deluded soul.

Moron.

Of course he will.

My point still stands.

Ad hominem. Cute.

I did read your whole post. I highlighted the point you made about him 'loving' the club. Absolute drivel. He's a little f***ing money grabbing charver. He left his hometown club for the sake of £30k a week. c***.

Selective quotation then. Making a point out of f*** all. Stupidity.

"loves the club (well, not as much as money maybe)" I even explained you this in the last post.

And for him leaving for £30k - you obviously don't know how much he left for.

said when they signed him i hope he somehow fucked manyoo out of the title...today might be his chance, i could overlook everything temporarily if he puts the winner past them today and let's arsenal back in with a better shout

here's hoping

said when they signed him i hope he somehow f***ed manyoo out of the title...today might be his chance, i could overlook everything temporarily if he puts the winner past them today and let's arsenal back in with a better shout

here's hoping

Would be horrible if he scored the winner against Man Utd imo. Want him to do shit. If just for the sake of annoying the scousers and other Liverpool fans.

said when they signed him i hope he somehow f***ed manyoo out of the title...today might be his chance, i could overlook everything temporarily if he puts the winner past them today and let's arsenal back in with a better shout

here's hoping

Would be horrible if he scored the winner against Man Utd imo. Want him to do shit. If just for the sake of annoying the scousers and other Liverpool fans.

he can have 2 good games a season as far i'm concerned, as long as they come against manyoo and make fergies face change to a darker shade of purple

agree on the sentiment though

Do liverpool still have to play sunderland yet? That's the only time i'd be wanting him to score. Couldn't give a flying fuck about man united and him having a say in the title race, but I'll raise a glass to him if he scores a winner against sunderland

Do liverpool still have to play sunderland yet? That's the only time i'd be wanting him to score. Couldn't give a flying fuck about man united and him having a say in the title race, but I'll raise a glass to him if he scores a winner against sunderland

Yes, at the SoL in a few weeks

here's hoping

Would be horrible if he scored the winner against Man Utd imo. Want him to do s***. If just for the sake of annoying the scousers and other Liverpool fans.

he can have 2 good games a season as far i'm concerned, as long as they come against manyoo and make fergies face change to a darker shade of purple

agree on the sentiment though

We could be sixth on Sunday if Man United win.

No reason whatsoever to be cheering for Liverpool.