West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What bugged me more was the Norwegian commentator going on about the "using Skrtel as a human shield" during corners as if it was something brand new Liverpool had made up for Carroll. The fucker's commentated matches Carroll did the same playing for us FFS. :angry:

Just seen his goals... c***.

And :lol: at anyone even being slightly annoyed is a boring cry baby. High horse brigade charging through.

Exactly. That and the fact he only moved two months ago. And it was his first goals for them.

If we didn't react in any way at it, then he obviously wasn't an important enough player for us. Which he clearly was and anyone suggesting otherwise is just looking for an opportunity to look down on everyone.

I like to think he won't celebrate, hopefully he'll never get a chance to prove me wrong.

Celebrating against us would not settle well with the "I was forced out of the club I love" story that he has attempted to craft.

Carroll scoring goals (particularly if he gets one against us) just makes the fans want to see that money being spent even more. Its going to be hell in the summer and next season when it hasnt been spent.

NO IT ISNT. how many times? it'll be the same old s***, we'll get spun the same old excuses and the majority will lap it up. the posters on here who pretend they're offering a 'balanced' view will continue to advocate waiting to see what happens in the next transfer window and those of us who see the club for what its become under ashely will continue to be ridiculed. nothing will change until ashley's gone.

Look mate, ideally I would have liked a fair chunk of that 35M to have been spent in January and I've gone on record saying that I am mad that we did not strengthen in January (look at our squad now). But I don't think its unreasonable to say let's wait and see what happens in the summer when Pardew and the club has had a chance to assess the situation and players better. Like it or not, putting last January aside, we do have a decent record of incoming transfers and whether by design or luck we've managed to buy some really good players. Players like Tiote, Colo, HBA and Enrique could easily be playing in the top 6 if not top 4.

There is no need for sarcasm, if by the end of the summer window, we have not stregthened our team and squad significatly with a good chunk of that 35M, then I'd be happy to hold my hands up and say that my optimism and wait and see approach was wrong. I just don't see the point of moaning now when we don't really know what's gonna happen in the summer.

What bugged me more was the Norwegian commentator going on about the "using Skrtel as a human shield" during corners as if it was something brand new Liverpool had made up for Carroll. The f***er's commentated matches Carroll did the same playing for us FFS. :angry:

The Norwegian guy was slow to catch on then. English pundits were already talking about that 'interesting, never seen before' set piece against Braga.

Just how good a deal will £35 million prove to be for us?

This lad may become one of the best strikers in the world.

it doesn't fucking matter any more does it?  it's done man, live with it, no-one has to be happy about it but there's no point in rehashing it everytime he does/doesn't do something for Liverpool

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What bugged me more was the Norwegian commentator going on about the "using Skrtel as a human shield" during corners as if it was something brand new Liverpool had made up for Carroll. The f***er's commentated matches Carroll did the same playing for us FFS. :angry:

The Norwegian guy was slow to catch on then. English pundits were already talking about that 'interesting, never seen before' set piece against Braga.

I'm sure someone used it before Shearer, but Shearer always used to do it too.

it doesn't fucking matter any more does it?  it's done man, live with it, no-one has to be happy about it but there's no point in rehashing it everytime he does/doesn't do something for Liverpool

Why should we just sweep it under the carpet and forget about it?

It's this kind of apathy that will let this regime do whatever they wish at our football club.

It's this kind of apathy that will let this regime do whatever they wish at our football club.

it's done man, nothing will change that now - i'm apathetic because i'm realistic, there is literally nothing any of you can do to get Mike Ashley out of the club if he doesn't want to go and/or sell up, unless you kill him of course

might as well look at the positives, kids like Ferguson coming through and the fact we should see some fresh players coming in during the window

if we don't get anyone then moan like fuck but nothing will change 'til MA decides he's had enough

Excellent goals last night from him, especially the header.

If he stays at Liverpool, i think he will be one of the 'greats'.

He has a great platform for successs there, and the chance to be idolised at a big club.

it doesn't f***ing matter any more does it?  it's done man, live with it, no-one has to be happy about it but there's no point in rehashing it everytime he does/doesn't do something for Liverpool

So if we don't move on, what do you propose we do about it? Go on a demonstration/rally against the "regime"?

it doesn't f***ing matter any more does it?  it's done man, live with it, no-one has to be happy about it but there's no point in rehashing it everytime he does/doesn't do something for Liverpool

So if we don't move on, what do you propose we do about it? Go on a demonstration/rally against the "regime"?

Look at what Spirit of Shankly achieved.