West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Bit gutted for the lad. Slightly. Just a tiny amount. Probably the same fraction I make in comparison to his wages. Probably.

Bit gutted for the lad. Slightly. Just a tiny amount. Probably the same fraction I make in comparison to his wages. Probably.

The part of me that feels sorry for him is the part which wants to see him back here. Gets smaller by the day.

I wouldn't want him back tbh. Happy that we're not playing long ball football anymore or, at least try to not do it.

Are you kidding me? The amount of long balls we played just yesterday was unreal. We have the players for a short passing game, but we are certainly not deploying it so far. Can't knock the results or the collective defending by the team, but going forward we are not yet exactly fluid are we?

Guest Howaythetoon

The truth of the matter is this: Andy Carroll is not a very good footballer. £35m :lol:

Oh and he fucking hates it there which is one of the reasons why he's struggling.

I genuinly believe he really didn't want to go there but the massive money for NUFC and of course the 60% payrise or something 'forced' the deal through for all parties.

They have spunked £35m on him, £10m on Adam, £20m on Downing and £15m on Henderson and I wouldn't have any of them in our starting 11 :lol:

I like Dalglish and I doubt he has any real say on how much to pay for a player but the fact he's signed such players - all extremely average with dubious careers and dubious character faults in some of them - suggests he's so out of date footballing wise. Imagine if Ashley had of given KK £80m and where we'd be with that and people said because he's been out the game for like 3 years or something he was a dinosaur... That's another thing that pisses me off with the media love in of Liverpool. KK returns after a few years out of the game and people question whether he's been away too long. "King Kenny" returns and the title and pass and move is coming back to Anfield.

Not with those £80m worth of cloggers it wont :lol:

I wouldn't want him back tbh. Happy that we're not playing long ball football anymore or, at least try to not do it.

Are you kidding me? The amount of long balls we played just yesterday was unreal. We have the players for a short passing game, but we are certainly not deploying it so far. Can't knock the results or the collective defending by the team, but going forward we are not yet exactly fluid are we?

Not always. That's why I said 'try to not do it'. There were games this season were we've really played well in attack. Villa (a) for example iirc, was very much fluid attacking play there.

The truth of the matter is this: Andy Carroll is not a very good footballer. £35m :lol:

Oh and he f***ing hates it there which is one of the reasons why he's struggling.

I genuinly believe he really didn't want to go there but the massive money for NUFC and of course the 60% payrise or something 'forced' the deal through for all parties.

They have spunked £35m on him, £10m on Adam, £20m on Downing and £15m on Henderson and I wouldn't have any of them in our starting 11 :lol:

I like Dalglish and I doubt he has any real say on how much to pay for a player but the fact he's signed such players - all extremely average with dubious careers and dubious character faults in some of them - suggests he's so out of date footballing wise. Imagine if Ashley had of given KK £80m and where we'd be with that and people said because he's been out the game for like 3 years or something he was a dinosaur... That's another thing that pisses me off with the media love in of Liverpool. KK returns after a few years out of the game and people question whether he's been away too long. "King Kenny" returns and the title and pass and move is coming back to Anfield.

Not with those £80m worth of cloggers it wont :lol:

Downing I'd have. Better than Obertan.

No one believes in Andy Carroll more than Carroll himself, but even he knows he's not worth £35m. I can't decide whether I'd be glad to see him back in a Toon shirt or not, which is hard to believe considering how annoyed I was when we sold him.

We should offer around 8 million in January and watch him try a bit again (Although I think Ba and Best have greater technique than him, he played well for us because we played to his strengths, and he liked playing for us.

He will never function that well in a team that tries to pass the ball on the floor or play quick counter attacking. Look at another big player in Dzeko whats he got 12 goals this season, his touch and movement is a million times better than Carroll.

He's the new Duncan Ferguson tbh.

Duncan Ferguson was a really good player at his best.

Aye, and so is Carroll.

He's having a terrible run of it right now, but we shouldn't forget that at times last year he was absolutely unplayable. He'll get it together and start playing well again at some point I'd bet, but his "issues" will prevent him being a consistently quality player.