West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nothing wrong with alcohol in moderation. In fact, it can be good for you.

Carroll's just a drunk.

Alcohol in moderation is good for your long-term health. But even that depends on the type of alcohol that you consume. Beer certainly isn't. Wine is, and whiskey to an extent.

But for an athlete, there's no point in giving a s*** about what's going to happen to you at 60 because your career is too short.

Any alcohol consumed causes dehydration and will affect many things like your sleep pattern, which is why the top athletes don't drink any alcohol during their season.

I'd submit that fairly infrequent alcohol consumption is good for immediate psychological wellbeing, for a lot of people, anyway.

Alcohol in moderation is good for your long-term health. But even that depends on the type of alcohol that you consume. Beer certainly isn't. Wine is, and whiskey to an extent.

But for an athlete, there's no point in giving a shit about what's going to happen to you at 60 because your career is too short.

Any alcohol consumed causes dehydration and will affect many things like your sleep pattern, which is why the top athletes don't drink any alcohol during their season.

That's certified bullshit.

Guest Chubby Jason

I'd love to have been there and shave his eyebrows/draw on his face with a permanent marker. I'd have to nip to the 24 hour Tesco's to get the equipment, like but it'd be worth it. I might even buy a pair of scissors and take his ponytail as a trophy.

Guest Howaythetoon

Its well known he's a piss head, drinks every night apparently. Not saying he gets hammered every night but he likes having friends around and cracks open a bottle or too. Nolan was the same. Although Carroll doesn't smoke...

Its well known he's a p*ss head, drinks every night apparently. Not saying he gets hammered every night but he likes having friends around and cracks open a bottle or too. Nolan was the same. Although Carroll doesn't smoke...

Unlike Nolan, he won't be able to adjust his game to a high level if his fitness levels begin to reflect his lifestyle.