West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Won't happen. Even if the huge sum of £15m was available, we could get a striker and defender of good quality.

2 players then. We could fill two positions (striker and fullback) from the continent for that money. And they're more likely to be a success than him.

2 I can live with, whether they succeed is not a certain. Carroll would certainly be happier up here, and that is where a huge chunk of his problems lie. Reason why no one else will bid for him is they know he's homesick and only that will resolve the issues.

The back page of the Sun says:

"Sunsport can reveal that former club Newcastle will be willing to buy back the England striker.

BUT for an astonishing £25m less than he cost the Merseysiders a year ago.

The dramatic development came after a top agent rang the club to offer the 23 year old Carroll for just £20m.

Newcastle flatly rejected the idea and a further proposal of £15m plus add ons.

They are prepared to offer £10m though, for Carroll - who was a hero on Tyneside and would welcome back a move to his native North East Newcastle"

Sounds like a Liverpool agent maybe touting him about, perhaps someone close to our end leaked it to the Sun. I reckon we actually would buy him back for £10m, however I cannot imagine Liverpool letting us take the piss out of them like that. And we know Dekka really would see it as a piss take.

well Douglas seems to think it may have legs

curious why would we want him back and why would we be willing to pay £15m

Especially when we could buy 3 or 4 class players to significantly strengthen key areas of the squad with that money......

The reason i believe its a complete non-starter.

4 class players for £15m?  wut

Ba, Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa = 11-12 million

You were saying?

£200kpw...then there is 4 agent fees.

True, i was more talking about the fee involved ofcourse we would spend a few mill on wages aswell.......

But for 15 mill( ignoring the wages) you can get a few class players.

I know, but you can't just ignore wages and the likes, not with ashley in charge. Its all cost, and we know it, if you want to suggest transfers, it's got to be in the realms of reality, with Ashely in charge 4 players for £15m means 2 frees and 2 £3m players at the very best. £4m doesn't even get you a league one striker these days.

The back page of the Sun says:

"Sunsport can reveal that former club Newcastle will be willing to buy back the England striker.

BUT for an astonishing £25m less than he cost the Merseysiders a year ago.

The dramatic development came after a top agent rang the club to offer the 23 year old Carroll for just £20m.

Newcastle flatly rejected the idea and a further proposal of £15m plus add ons.

They are prepared to offer £10m though, for Carroll - who was a hero on Tyneside and would welcome back a move to his native North East Newcastle"

Sounds like a Liverpool agent maybe touting him about, perhaps someone close to our end leaked it to the Sun. I reckon we actually would buy him back for £10m, however I cannot imagine Liverpool letting us take the piss out of them like that. And we know Dekka really would see it as a piss take.

If they keep coming down at that rate over the transfer window we could probably get him for about £7 come January 31st.

Can these rumours go away please?

Still of the opinion he's not that good, and I always was. Benefited from playing in a team that played to his strengths and had players (Barton & Nolan) that played to these strengths.

If he came back we wouldn't have those players and he'd be as shite as he is at Liverpool - it'd be a massive waste of money.