West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fwiw, Demba Ba is 5 times the player Carroll is.  Regardless of what fees were paid.

Hos movement, instinct and all round forward play are so much better thatn AC's were I almost feel embarrassed for what Liverpool paid.  Arguably the best bit of business NUFC have ever done.

Guest neesy111

He'll score more goals with Gerrard on the pitch as he'll get him the service he needs.  Give Carroll crosses he will score goals but don't expect anything else from him.

Guest Heneage

He'll score more goals with Gerrard on the pitch as he'll get him the service he needs.  Give Carroll crosses he will score goals but don't expect anything else from him.

Aye he buried his chances tonight.

Guest neesy111

Aye he buried his chances tonight.

Erm, I only remember 1 or 2 decent crosses into the box unless you were watching a different match?!?

The way I explained to some latecomers in the pub was that for the majority of the game he wasn't too bad, some good touches, hold up play, flick ons. He just seems to be actively avoiding sending the ball into the back of the net right now.

Fwiw, Demba Ba is 5 times the player Carroll is.  Regardless of what fees were paid.

Hos movement, instinct and all round forward play are so much better thatn AC's were I almost feel embarrassed for what Liverpool paid.  Arguably the best bit of business NUFC have ever done.

Arguably the best bit of business anyone has ever done, purely on financial grounds.

There was a moment in the second half where he received the ball with his back to goal, look right to see Johnson moving forward and duely passed the ball 5 yards behind Johnson and at far too fast a pace.  A £35m player if there ever was one.

He was absolutely shocking until Gerrard came on and started putting in crosses from similar positions to Barton was doing for us last season when Carroll was in form. For him to be a success at liverpool it'd mean shunting Gerrard out wide and I'd be very surprised if that happened

Thing is much as ive tried I cant help but like the lad, and hope he does well, Id have him back here anytime, I dont know why I just think hes a newcastle lad and it would be nice to see him doing well and banging the goals in, preferably for us.

Bit sad that people feel the need to comment after every poor performance the lad has. Like a bunch of bitter ex's.

He's a greedy bastard, he deserves every bit of abuse he gets.