West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

I would trust Pardew's judgement if he wanted him. He has at least earned that much.

Mixed feelings about this should it come true.

This is the point, if Pard's didn't want him we wouldn't be bidding.

Trust the Silver Fox i will.

That. Plus any deal we would agree with I would trust to be good for us from a financial perspective, as Mike and Derek have earned that trust in the past two seasons. Can't believe I'm actually saying this.. :lol:

Funny as feck :D

I'm on the fence over this. Think he's a cunt for leaving but can see the advantage of having him as a third choice striker behind Cisse and Ba (4th choice behind Shola on derby day).

Hilarious if all this amounts to is us trolling Liverpool though :lol:

£17m? Would be absolutely f***ing fuming if we paid anything like that for the lumbering shithouse, money-grabbing, ungrateful c***. Think who Carr could find with that sort of money to play with.

Assuming that was true though, it would be after the season-long loan. If he came back and banged them in alongside Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa then we might find ourselves qualifying for the CL. In which case it'd be affordable. If he was gash and/or caused trouble, we'd just send him back.

#

Which would be the beauty of the deal.

Guest bimpy474

Ryder reckons Carroll knew about this three days ago.

How would Ryder know that when he only found out 30mins ago......:D

Guest fraser

I say 'yes'. Good option with the amount of competitions we're involved in; if it doesn't work out, don't buy him.

Guest nufc_89

I believe he has to take a huge wage cut if he wants to come back. We will never pay him 75-80k a week

Guest bimpy474

I say 'yes'. Good option with the amount of competitions we're involved in; if it doesn't work out, don't buy him.

Spot on.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

#nufc won't go anywhere near £35million in the long run after loan if it happens- would be an offer of much less, Carroll knew 3 days ago

http://freakoutnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Orly.jpg?5f37dd

Urrgh. Hope this doesn't happen.

£17m is a hell of a lot to pay, just to piss the scousers off - as funny as that would be - and looking at it from purely footballing reasons it's senseless, we could get a lot better for that kind of money in my view, not to mention the possible disruption to the squad that could be caused should he carry on from where he left off with his various antics and problems away from match-days. It is possible that this whole experience has been the making of him and he'd return a changed man who understands just how lucky he is to be where he is and has developed the maturity that realisation brings, but I've not seen anything to prove or disprove that myself and unless the evidence is there I wouldn't want us to take the risk.

I'd also be unhappy that it would seem to be a step back towards the old days of paying over the odds and buying based upon sentiment, rather than the logic that has served us so well recently. That would actually be my biggest concern because we would definitely still be paying over the odds at anything like £17m and the only reason we'd be even considering buying him in the first place must be sentiment because he's done little to nothing to justify that kind of money since he left us - and probably not even before.

Apart from anything I don't think it'd be in his interests either and if I were him and he did have the chance to go somewhere like Italy, I'd take it, as that could well be the making of him and I don't think coming back here will be.

My biggest concern would be his influence off the pitch rather than on it. Would he damage the harmony within the squad? Would he be out on the piss all the time with his mates, getting into bother?

Then again I have no doubt that Pardew and the club would put this quite high up on their agenda.

My biggest concern would be his influence off the pitch rather than on it. Would he damage the harmony within the squad? Would he be out on the p*ss all the time with his mates, getting into bother?

Then again I have no doubt that Pardew and the club would put this quite high up on their agenda.

Didnt he apparently get on really well with everyone? Taylor aside.

My biggest concern would be his influence off the pitch rather than on it. Would he damage the harmony within the squad? Would he be out on the p*ss all the time with his mates, getting into bother?

Didnt he apparently get on really well with everyone? Taylor aside.

That was when Nolan was here, his mentor. And Barton to provide the comedy diversion.

I know it seems daft but I'd like to think Pardew had consulted the squad about this signing to get a general consensus. Maybe I'm looking into it too much but I think him coming back in on his 70k (regardless of how much we're contributing) - which is far above any of our players except maybe Colo are on - might be devisive in the dressing room.