West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is 17 the max? I mean, if he comes back and pulls up trees, the most we'll pay is 17, but if he comes back, does moderately well and finds a place in the system, we could peel off 10 million for him?

Urrgh. Hope this doesn't happen.

£17m is a hell of a lot to pay, just to piss the scousers off - as funny as that would be - and looking at it from purely footballing reasons it's senseless, we could get a lot better for that kind of money in my view, not to mention the possible disruption to the squad that could be caused should he carry on from where he left off with his various antics and problems away from match-days. It is possible that this whole experience has been the making of him and he'd return a changed man who understands just how lucky he is to be where he is and has developed the maturity that realisation brings, but I've not seen anything to prove or disprove that myself and unless the evidence is there I wouldn't want us to take the risk.

I'd also be unhappy that it would seem to be a step back towards the old days of paying over the odds and buying based upon sentiment, rather than the logic that has served us so well recently. That would actually be my biggest concern because we would definitely still be paying over the odds at anything like £17m and the only reason we'd be even considering buying him in the first place must be sentiment because he's done little to nothing to justify that kind of money since he left us - and probably not even before.

Apart from anything I don't think it'd be in his interests either and if I were him and he did have the chance to go somewhere like Italy, I'd take it, as that could well be the making of him and I don't think coming back here will be.

I agree. Not sure how he would cope moving abroad. Doesn't seem the type.

Is 17 the max? I mean, if he comes back and pulls up trees, the most we'll pay is 17, but if he comes back, does moderately well and finds a place in the system, we could peel off 10 million for him?

£17m is pure guesswork from Nicko, a proven clueless fuckwit. Wouldn't take much notice of that.

Swap with Ba? Coliccini?

Something unpleasant is going to happen.

No , its a loan, can you not read.

Really have you seen a contract?  Has it been confirmed? Are you his agent? Are you really 100% sure.

£17m is pure guesswork from Nicko, a proven clueless fuckwit. Wouldn't take much notice of that.

probably trying to make liverpool seem less incompetent

£17m is pure guesswork from Nicko, a clueless fuckwit.

Yup. Don't know why people are getting so hung up on that figure.

Guest bimpy474

Well tbf to him he hasn't got into any bother since he went to Liverpool, i'm 100% convinced Pards knows how to handle him.

And anyway if he does act up then we can send him back and not buy him anyway.

As the Phil Collins song goes......"you laughed in my face 'cos you held all the cards".

Swap with Ba? Coliccini?

Really have you seen a contract?  Has it been confirmed? Are you his agent? Are you really 100% sure.

Deary me.

Swap with Ba? Coliccini?

It'd be madness to swap anyone for him.

We'd surely be looking to pay a similar fee to what we were going to pay for De Jong.

Agree, only with a year's trial for no fee. This time next year the deal might be a complete no-brainer. Either way tbh.

Swap with Ba? Coliccini?

Howay man, Ba's contract is allegedly very complicated and there is no way Colo would be involved in a swap. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to think that those 2 scenarios are very unlikely.

Really don't see how he would fit in with Ba and Cisse, would rather we went for a youngin with bit pace etc to supplement them. We are not setup to play to his strengths anymore, nor should we revert to it

Swap with Ba? Coliccini?

It'd be madness to swap anyone for him.

But we know this club has a long history of madness.

No thank you. I really don't want him. I imagine we'd be paying a fee (small compared to what a permanent deal would be) for his loan regardless. We have Ba, Cisse and Ameobi already. Playing Ben Arfa/Obertan and Jonas/Ba wide doesn't accommodate him best either, with both wings generally cutting inside. We've found out what style of play suits him best and I don't want that again- not with the quality players we have in the side now.

Surely, surely there is so much better out there for us. I don't know what we're doing here. 

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Fee is closer to £13 million to be honest ‪#lfc‬ would be taking a massive hit but it would be great business for ‪#nufc‬

7:39 PM - 15 Jul 12

Guest bimpy474

Swap with Ba? Coliccini?

You are trying shovel shit up hill there mate.