West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Fee is closer to £13 million to be honest ‪#lfc‬ would be taking a massive hit but it would be great business for ‪#nufc‬

7:39 PM - 15 Jul 12

See, I'm not mad at that, tbh.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Fee is closer to £13 million to be honest ‪#lfc‬ would be taking a massive hit but it would be great business for ‪#nufc‬

http://chzscience.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/funny-science-news-experiments-memes-dog-science-fuzzy-logic.jpg

:lol:

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Less than Fletcher, I'm in :lol:

thats me sold too

I just think it's great that we're going back in for him because it makes total mugs of Liverpool, lol

Why not I say, we need another striker, he'll have a point to prove and sure he wouldn't start with Ba and Cisse there but it would provide another option.

Non-plus either way, great if it does, no worries if it doesn't.

Would it change any opinions if we knew Ba was definitely going?

Then we'd probably get 2 strikers in. Not gonna happen, but if Ba was going it should going by logic.

But would it affect your opinion on Carroll being one of them?

Hope this doesn't happen. He doesn't fit with our style of play anymore and he's proved at Lolerpool that unless the teams set up around his strengths he struggles. He wouldn't fit in with the 4-3-3 and personally with the midfielders we have id rather we played 4-5-1 on the games where we dont fancy 4-3-3. Think for the money we'd have to pay for him we could get better. Plus him leaving has been one of the best things to happen.

His behaviour off the pitch has improved a lot, kept his nose out of trouble.

or theres been less reporting of it because its liverpool

Not a chance, half the city are Everton fans wishing for him to be dick so they can unsettle him. We even had pics of him at boy zone concerts with kkk.

I think he's calmed down, whether that was due to him getting out of newcastle or not is the real question.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Wouldn't pay over £8m for him and would not have him over £50k on wages. Don't see how we can avoid the latter in a loan deal and don't see how we would get him for less than £12m (obviously our 25% should help us out here) in a buy-back. Just seems a strange move by us when there is such better value out there

Swap for Coloccini. :spit:

f***ing hell, why would anyone even type that as a possibility.

The fact that he can't even spell the club captain's surname should answer your question.

Dyslexia innit

Would it change any opinions if we knew Ba was definitely going?

Then we'd probably get 2 strikers in. Not gonna happen, but if Ba was going it should going by logic.

But would it affect your opinion on Carroll being one of them?

Maybe a little, but I see this as a very good deal.

Ba and Cisse ocassionally struggle just a little bit to hold the ball up against powerful defenders (happened in the derby in March). Carroll would be a much better option than Shola for those scenarios.

Would be great to get him on loan but wouldn't want to pay any serious money for a player in that role.

Seem to recall a similar story to this one appearing in the papers back in January - amounted to nothing then and I expect this to be the same.  I just can't see any way Liverpool will agree a deal with one of their rivals that doesn't involve them picking up at least £15mish for him and theres no way we will pay that.

Seriously can't be arsed to read the last 15 pages, can anyone offer a summary?  More details of the deal?  Any N-O meltdowns yet?

By all accounts it's a genuine offer, reported by everyone. Carroll apparently was told about it three days ago. One report says the permanant deal would be £17m, one says £13m.

Purely in terms of ability, probably couldnt get a better striker on loan could we?

We know his potential, Pardew knows how to pull it out, back in form. Pardews dealt with Ben Arfa anyway its no wonder hes confident he could deal with Carroll. Bit risky still though.