West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

This is going to run and run

Just stregnthens our hand tbh.

If he only wants loan and we have only offered loan. It is us or nothing

Guest bimpy474

Not impressed by Rodgers at all, first trying to buy his old team then telling a kid he's not wanted despite pricing themselves out of selling hum

The price they want for Carroll shows just how foolish they were in the first place. They paid a stupid amount and if they think they will get that back they are delusional.

Sums them pretty well to be honest, delusional, stupid and throughly unlikable......rather funny to watch them flap about after so many years of their arrogance.

Maybe I'm getting old and losing my memory, but going back to the 5-1 Mackems game where he looked the business... We didn't play long ball then did we? I've always thought he's a better player when its not hoofed to him and would fit our style of play now.

I just wouldn't like to Marginalise anyone of Cabaye, Ben Arfa or Cisse to fit him in

Guest bimpy474

Maybe I'm getting old and losing my memory, but going back to the 5-1 Mackems game where he looked the business... We didn't play long ball then did we? I've always thought he's a better player when its not hoofed to him and would fit our style of play now.

I just wouldn't like to Marginalise anyone of Cabaye, Ben Arfa or Cisse to fit him in

We didn't and he looked fine then, and he was only 20/21 and very raw, and i'm not exactly sure where this "he's only good for hoofball" stuff has come from.

As said a few pages back, the common misconception with Carroll is get the best out of him you must hoof it up to him and hope he bulldozes defenders like Drogba he isnt that type at all.

When he was here we mixed up short passing with very direct play and lot's of crosses but we didn't hoof it up to him and that got the best out of him.

I have concerns with Carroll coming back, but it's not because of effecting style of play.

It's more to do with wages, effecting the dressing room, price and willingness to accept a bench role.

But the style of play or fear of hoofball doesn't concern me.

I don't think SSN know that much, its just David Craig picking up what he can. One things for sure though, if Liverpool have told him they want to sell him and they won't loan him out, then he's hardly going to hang about to spite them, he'll tell them to fuck off and leave. The biggest way he could actually fuck them off is if he insists he will only come here, so they are forced into a decision on keeping him even though they dont want him and get no money for him, or take the huge loss and give him his way. It wouldnt be like this is Rodgers hadnt came out and said what he did, he's gave Carroll a massive amount of power by going public with it.

We didn't and he looked fine then, and he was only 20/21 and very raw, and i'm not exactly sure where this "he's only good for hoofball" stuff has come from.

He's tall innit?

People say that we should go for some other striker for that money instead, care to name a few you would take instead? Young and realistic ones. Just curious.

My opinion is No Thanks to Carroll, but i can't come up with many others to go for instead. Would like to see someone like Dembele for that kind of money, even though he probably isn't

a striker and might not be very easy to get. But he would fit in nicely in our system if we go 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. But then we still might need a central striker cause of the ACON.

He's definitely leaving this window IMO.

No way he can stay at Liverpool now. They've kinda fucked that up themselves.

Just to work out his destination. I reckon it'll either be here or WHU.

People say that we should go for some other striker for that money instead, care to name a few you would take instead? Young and realistic ones. Just curious.

My opinion is No Thanks to Carroll, but i can't come up with many others to go for instead. Would like to see someone like Dembele for that kind of money, even though he probably isn't

a striker and might not be very easy to get. But he would fit in nicely in our system if we go 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. But then we still might need a central striker cause of the ACON.

Dembele is the one i'd go after tbh, can play wide, upfront or in the middle and only got a year left on his contract.

He's definitely leaving this window IMO.

No way he can stay at Liverpool now. They've kinda f***ed that up themselves.

Just to work out his destination. I reckon it'll either be here or WHU.

Doesn't he share the same agent as Fat Sam?...

This shit about not wanting to leave permanently is surely him just trying to avoid burning his bridges with their fans should a move fall through and/or he has to go back later. Barring a spectacular failure Rodgers will be there next season as well, so what's the point in him going out on loan and coming back? Perhaps it's Liverpool orchestrating it to try and solidify their position trying to get a permanent transfer.

Or maybe he just doesn't want to give up his current wage packet.

Dembele is the one i'd go after tbh, can play wide, upfront or in the middle and only got a year left on his contract.

Already committed to stay this year hasn't he? And not sure I can see him leaving London if/when he does finally make a move tbh.

If it does come down to us and WHU to sign him, I think he will come to us on a much cheaper deal than them. West Ham will probably offer him nearly his full Liverpool wage which is probably £20,000 more than what we'll offer him but I think he's clearly homesick and probably wants to come back home where he knows he fits in and knows he will be loved again (eventually). Anyone think he would risk the move to London signing for a newly promoted team where it might turn into a disaster just for the extra money over moving back where he was happiest playing in europe? I just cant see him going anywhere else but us as long as we dont completely try to take the piss with a transfer fee.

Thought we would go with someone pacier and skillful that could fit into a 4-3-3 out wide or off Cisse/Ameobi/Ba in a 4-4-2. Obviously harder to say who (Hoilett seemed possible). Realistically we need a couple of strikers. We don't have a young out and out striker on our books or coming through the reserves.

Surprised we haven't gone back in for Gaimero, somewhat flopped and PSG "Apparently" have offered him to us, given how well we rated him this time last year its surprising.