West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thank God they are asking daft money. Carroll isn't a bad striker but any team with him in their side is going to end up humping the ball long. There was always a suspicion he would disrupt Liverpool's passing game and if he comes back here it will see us playing even more long ball than we did for the first half of last season.

How much more idiotic  can those morons at Anfield get. Like said earlier, Ac Milan sold Zlatan for 16-17 million and these f***ers think they can sell the lad for 20? Bumbling Rodgers and his Yankees bosses could make a sketch out of all this.. :

:yao:

Liverpool would rather sell to anyone but us. Firstly there's the potentially embarrassing scenario of him coming back at a fraction of the price and banging in goals again. And secondly they will view us a rival now that we've finished above them. That may not be the case as the season goes on but right now they will fear us as a rival and certainly won't want to strengthen our squad.

The problem is the player may insist on a return home if his only alternatives are the likes of West Ham. We are banking on that being the case. Rodgers' latest comments are trying to repair the situation but you sense that the cat is already out of the bag and the player will feel he isn't wanted by the new coach.

For a steal (e.g.12M or less) I would definitely want him but if we're talking in the 15-20M range, I think it's silly money for a player who doesn't even walk into our team. At that price he should. The other issue worrying me is that Ashley plays a game of brinkmanship and we end up empty handed with only Shola as cover. Ashley has history of that, his gambles have not always paid off and it would be a heavy price to pay if this drags until deadline day and Shola is our only backup option. Liverpool will let it drag on rather than sell for a pittance to a rival so it's not so unlikely.

20m right-oh, jog on. Still suspect we will offer 13-16m as a take it or leave it offer, downside is this will rumble til window close and we won't have anyone in upfront. Failing that we shall see them in January or next summer when his value has halved again.

One thing no one seems to be considering is player power.

Rodgers has totally mismanaged this situation, and Andy Carroll could, understandably, tell him to fuck off, insist that he wants to come back here and nowhere else, and tell him to make the deal happen.

We'll get him for less than £15 million if that happened, and I'd be well happy with that.

To be fair we've done our bit in making our bid. Now, if Carroll really wants to come back, he needs to stick in a transfer request. We're obviously not going to offer anything near £20m so if we're going to get a deal we need Liverpool in the weakest negotiating position possible.

Liverpool would rather sell to anyone but us. Firstly there's the potentially embarrassing scenario of him coming back at a fraction of the price and banging in goals again. And secondly they will view us a rival now that we've finished above them. That may not be the case as the season goes on but right now they will fear us as a rival and certainly won't want to strengthen our squad.

The problem is the player may insist on a return home if his only alternatives are the likes of West Ham. We are banking on that being the case. Rodgers' latest comments are trying to repair the situation but you sense that the cat is already out of the bag and the player will feel he isn't wanted by the new coach.

For a steal (e.g.12M or less) I would definitely want him but if we're talking in the 15-20M range, I think it's silly money for a player who doesn't even walk into our team. At that price he should. The other issue worrying me is that Ashley plays a game of brinkmanship and we end up empty handed with only Shola as cover. Ashley has history of that, his gambles have not always paid off and it would be a heavy price to pay if this drags until deadline day and Shola is our only backup option. Liverpool will let it drag on rather than sell for a pittance to a rival so it's not so unlikely.

Spot on. I'm starting to get a little nervous right now about our whole lack of movement in the transfer market. We need that squad built up to at very least the level it was last season. We've lost 5 first teamers I think, plus all the fringe guys they released and replace them with 2 developmental players. That squad is just not big enough right now to cope with a season, that includes european football and a ACON.

I want Carroll back and for those figures you mention I too wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger, but 20million is ridiculous, so lets move on to the next guy on our list, whoever that is.

He wasn't worth £20mil 18 months ago, he's worth way less now. I can't see Ashley paying anything over £12mil, which i'm fully supportive of. We need Debuchy, Douglas, Anita. In that order.

Don't see Carroll sticking a transfer request in. He has the most to lose if the move doesn't go ahead and wants to keep the fans onside. That said it is a pivotal time of his career and like Pardew says his next move is the most important for him. If he stays and gets predominantly benched then it won't just be his price tag that drops, mentally it will be hard to pick himself up.

I am biased but I genuinely think his best move is to get back here. I don't think there is another club that could pick him up mentally and restore his form, not one that would be interested anyway.