West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If he wasn't from here no one would even mention him.

He's played some fantastic football for us, I think that's the reason more than his geographic origin.

Yeah, if we can have this back, I'm all for it.

Goodbye Andy Carroll "10-11 Goal with the Newcastle United FC" Youtube.

Guest Roger Kint

Liverpool Echo saying price hasnt come down. No way will we pay £17m for him, nor should we. Hopefully we can move on to a striker capable of movement.

Guest Roger Kint

:anguish: Ben Arfa going the other way? No thanks.

Getting sick of people saying it. Rodgers said it was bullshit, HBA has said hes going nowhere. Its all shitty rumours that daft twitter muppets spread. Would be a horrific swap that we wouldnt entertain.

He's played some fantastic football for us, I think that's the reason more than his geographic origin.

He's been pretty ordinary since he left which we tend to gloss over because of his geographical origin.

He's been pretty ordinary since he left which we tend to gloss over because of his geographical origin.

:thup:

Guest icemanblue

:thup:

I don't think anyone has actually glossed over this. Most saying they'd have him back, have acknowledged that he's yet to recapture the form he displayed here. However, at the minute, it looks as if he's going some way to doing just that.

Most seem to think that him coming back here would automatically mean he'd regain that form as he'd put that extra effort in. Yet they're completely ignoring his off the field lifestyle and his dedication to being a professional athlete, who should have the motivation of justifying that price-tag as enough for him, yet he's went the complete opposite way.

Most seem to think that him coming back here would automatically mean he'd regain that form as he'd put that extra effort in. Yet they're completely ignoring his off the field lifestyle and his dedication to being a professional athlete, who should have the motivation of justifying that price-tag as enough for him, yet he's went the complete opposite way.

Exactly how I see it.

Guest icemanblue

I don't think anyone is that naïve, really. Although, for arguments sake, at £7-10m, I'd be more than happy with him in the form he's showing right now.

I don't think anyone is that naïve, really. Although, for arguments sake, at £7-10m, I'd be more than happy with him in the form he's showing right now.

Previously when we had Carroll here we tended to look for the long ball as an easy get out and Krul was also blasting the ball 50 yards towards his head. I'm pretty sure that if he comes back that will happen again, and we can forget about any strides we've made towards moving to a passing game. These type of strikers tend to change the way you play. In fact when he moved to Liverpool I predicted that might happen.

Which is one of the main reasons he will be coming back.

If Pardew is the long term answer then we might as well give him some Stoke type players, I agree.

It's the ideal Pard transfer.

Previously when we had Carroll here we tended to look for the long ball as an easy get out and Krul was also blasting the ball 50 yards towards his head. I'm pretty sure that if he comes back that will happen again, and we can forget about any strides we've made towards moving to a passing game. These type of strikers tend to change the way you play. In fact when he moved to Liverpool I predicted that might happen.

Because those strides towards the expansive pass and move style have been so overwhelming. I'm unfortunately tipping towards the idea that if we're so resigned to keeping Pardew, we might as well get the sort of players in to make his disgusting attempt at football viable.

Because those strides towards the expansive pass and move style have been so overwhelming. I'm unfortunately tipping towards the idea that if we're so resigned to keeping Pardew, we might as well get the sort of players in to make his disgusting attempt at football viable.

We had a spell at the end of last season where Pardew stumbled upon a 4-3-3 formation where we really looked like a team that could go places with some slick passing football. I would rather we get a manager who can tap into those resources which are here in spades. It will be the difference between challenging for Europe and becoming a mid table side again.

We had a spell at the end of last season where Pardew stumbled upon a 4-3-3 formation where we really looked like a team that could go places with some slick passing football. I would rather we get a manager who can tap into those resources which are here in spades. It will be the difference between challenging for Europe and becoming a mid table side again.

Don't get me wrong, if it was down to us then I'm in full agreement. Shift Pardew on and get a manager in that can utilise the technical players we have at our disposal. However, Pardew is going nowhere. And you said it yourself, he stumbled upon that 433. It's plain to see he's not going to use it unless he's in absolute dire straits and there's no other option. So we might as well get a few players in that will actually make his style of 'football' look slightly effective.

It's not that I'm actively advocating resigning Carroll. It's more resignation and trying to find a silver lining to it.