Not For Sale

Thespence
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time everyone got behind Newcastle United.

Time? That goes without saying, 47K there against Spurs doing exactly that, the same if not more going today to do exactly that.

John Beresford in this month THE MAG said "even with everything going on the fans have always backed the team, unlike other clubs where they sometimes turn on the players". TBH this months Mag is well worth read.

And he's right. That's one thing guaranteed with us - we'll support the club if not always the man or men.

It's only a few moths ago since you said you'd given up on the club (for the umpteenth time) ffs.

f***ing spare me.  :lol:

please god dig up that quote. it'll go great with his "newcastle are the best club in my world" rant a few weeks ago.

And they are the best club in the world, to me and to all those that follow the club. Muppets like you however take such throw away comments literally and store them in your tiny brain waiting to trip someone up one day because that's all this forum is about these days, point scoring, bringing up what people said in the past and trying to use it against them and to be honest its sad. No wonder a good number of good posters no longer seem to post here.

"please god dig up that quote"

You sound like a right little bitch. :lol:

I'll try and find it for you if it means that much to you.  :thup:

So in effect, you've given up on the best club in the world?

No pleasing some people....

Seems as usual the anti Ashley 29.6% have little to offer other than the personal and parochial abuse they've become known for and  offer little in the way of alternatives to the regime they obviously despise.

Good to see that over 70% of voters think we should move forward and that just maybe Keegan the serial quitter is more the villain than those who remain.

Seems as usual the anti Ashley 29.6% have little to offer other than the personal and parochial abuse they've become known for and  offer little in the way of alternatives to the regime they obviously despise.

Good to see that over 70% of voters think we should move forward and that just maybe Keegan the serial quitter is more the villain than those who remain.

Rubbish. I don't think Ashley is the right man to turn this club into what we all know it can be. Is that good enough?

I think January is a hard time anyway to buy players, so that'll be the main excuse that Joe uses when he doesn't get anyone of note.

Decent excuse to be fair  :sadnod:

And then what will happen when we have another summer window were the squad problems weren't addressed?

A little bit of positivity wouldn't go amiss, even if you think you have no reason to think you should be hopeful.

It's what being a football fan is all about.

Time? That goes without saying, 47K there against Spurs doing exactly that, the same if not more going today to do exactly that.

John Beresford in this month THE MAG said "even with everything going on the fans have always backed the team, unlike other clubs where they sometimes turn on the players". TBH this months Mag is well worth read.

And he's right. That's one thing guaranteed with us - we'll support the club if not always the man or men.

It's only a few moths ago since you said you'd given up on the club (for the umpteenth time) ffs.

please god dig up that quote. it'll go great with his "newcastle are the best club in my world" rant a few weeks ago.

And they are the best club in the world, to me and to all those that follow the club. Muppets like you however take such throw away comments literally and store them in your tiny brain waiting to trip someone up one day because that's all this forum is about these days, point scoring, bringing up what people said in the past and trying to use it against them and to be honest its sad. No wonder a good number of good posters no longer seem to post here.

giving up on the club and now the forum. you're more like keegan than i give you credit for. you any good at golf?

We wouldn't be a so-called "big club" if it wasn't for Keegan.  Why do you keep slagging him off?

Rubbish. I don't think Ashley is the right man to turn this club into what we all know it can be. Is that good enough?

And 29.6% on here agree with you while 70.4% think having Ashley back may be the best way forward in the present financial climate.

Is that good enough ?

I think January is a hard time anyway to buy players, so that'll be the main excuse that Joe uses when he doesn't get anyone of note.

And then what will happen when we have another summer window were the squad problems weren't addressed?

A little bit of positivity wouldn't go amiss, even if you think you have no reason to think you should be hopeful.

I can't be positive with regards to NUFC. I just can't. Look at where that gets you? I was positive in the summer, I thought we could be onto something, but I was aware that it would take time. However I felt cheated by all involved. And yes that includes Keegan before you say. I find it better not to be optimistic anymore.

I can't be positive with regards to NUFC. I just can't. Look at where that gets you? I was positive in the summer, I thought we could be onto something, but I was aware that it would take time. However I felt cheated by all involved. And yes that includes Keegan before you say. I find it better not to be optimistic anymore.

Hopeful then.

Hopeful then.

But I've got nothing to base that hope on.

Guest The Libertine

giving up on the club and now the forum. you're more like keegan than i give you credit for. you any good at golf?

We wouldn't be a so-called "big club" if it wasn't for Keegan.  Why do you keep slagging him off?

we arent a big club. why do people keep slagging off ashley/wise etc? why dont you slag off keegan? what makes you/others so adamant that keegan is above a "slagging off"?

Hopeful then.

That doesn't matter though.  I'm hopeful we'll sign some decent players in January & if (when) it doesn't happen then I'll be hopeful of it happening in the summer.  It's why I keep going.

Hopeful then.

That doesn't matter though.  I'm hopeful we'll sign some decent players in January & if (when) it doesn't happen then I'll be hopeful of it happening in the summer.  It's why I keep going.

I'm the complete opposite unfortunately. If it doesn't happen in January then I don't see why hoping for it to happen in the summer is for the best, especially going by the previous track record of this board.

Hopeful then.

I'm the complete opposite unfortunately. If it doesn't happen in January then I don't see why hoping for it to happen in the summer is for the best, especially going by the previous track record of this board.

I don't think I can help you then. :(

Hopeful then.

I don't think I can help you then. :(

I know man. :(

The squad has been seriously under founded since shepherd had his last few years here, what makes people think that it will improve since Ashley has come out and said the club is not for sale that he will suddenly address all the squad issues in this and maybe the next transfer window?

Keep the club in the prem flogg when the financial markets inmprove.

And TBH i'm expecvting the bare minimum in the transfer window or maybe nothing but excuses of why we couldn't sign players.

All those people who think that a little miracle will happen in this transfer window had better be round their mams for a cuddle when the transfer window slams shut. 

The squad has been seriously under founded since shepherd had his last few years here, what makes people think that it will improve since Ashley has come out and said the club is not for sale that he will suddenly address all the squad issues in this and maybe the next transfer window?

Keep the club in the prem flogg when the financial markets inmprove.

And TBH i'm expecvting the bare minimum in the transfer window or maybe nothing but excuses of why we couldn't sign players.

All those people who think that a little miracle will happen in this transfer window had better be round their mams for a cuddle when the transfer window slams shut. 

Not to dissimilar to Shepherd's last transfer window when we were linked strongly with the likes of Babel & Piquionne, and all we ended up with was Onyewu on loan.

The club needs stability from top to bottom to move on, if Ashley has a vision for the club then he needs to push on with it and get the people in who can take it on.  I’m not sure Llambias is capable of doing what is needed and I’d say the same about Kinnear.

Guest Howaythetoon

The announcement that the club is no longer for sale won't really make a difference to things, its actions not words that count and I'm sorry but Ashley saying he's took the club off the market doesn't necessarily mean he still doesn't want to sell it or that he's not still actively trying to sell it beneath the public glare. The only way to bring about tangible stability is if he really has decided to keep it and to make a go of it, otherwise nothing will really change.

The announcement that the club is no longer for sale won't really make a difference to things, its actions not words that count and I'm sorry but Ashley saying he's took the club off the market doesn't necessarily mean he still doesn't want to sell it or that he's not still actively trying to sell it beneath the public glare. The only way to bring about tangible stability is if he really has decided to keep it and to make a go of it, otherwise nothing will really change.

He's taken it off the market so he can improve the state of affairs and sell it at a later date. Like fuck is it gonna sell at the moment, in the state it's in.

Agree with you about the actions though. In an ideal world he'd chuck Kinnear tomorrow and appoint someone with genuine ability, and give him a £12-15m budget for the coming month. I've got my personal choices but it doesn't matter, just an acceptable candidate who will pull us out of the mire.

Guest The Libertine

all depends on the money spent or not spent in january tbf

i hate this attitude. bassong, jonas and guthrie cost hardly anything and look like great bargains. a few more like them in january and i'll be delighted.

i hate this attitude. bassong, jonas and guthrie cost hardly anything and look like great bargains. a few more like them in january and i'll be delighted.

Bargains are great.

Spending money demonstrates commitment and a willingness to back the manager's judgement.

Btw Jonas could yet end up costing us millions.

I am pleased nor disappointed about this "news", as the club's mouthpieces have had us warming to the idea for a while and I have to admit it's better to have Ashley speak out some form of commitment to the cause than to have the club left in its recent limbo any longer. However, I sympathise more with the 30% of posters who say they are unhappy about this latest development than with the 70% who are.

Everything depends on your perspective I suppose. I am content (happy is putting it way too strong) with this newest twist given our dire situation and the fact it is seemingly impossible to flog the club in the current climate at a price deemed reasonable to Mr Ashley. I am however disappointed by the fact they haven’t been able to find a buyer capable of really moving us forward, and this announcement slams the door shut for that to happen in the foreseeable future. We are stuck with Ashley whether we want it or not, and we may as well give the man another chance to prove his worth and pull together in support of the club (and that includes the present owner), because it doesn’t seem like there will be a hero saviour who will magically right all the wrongs anytime soon.

Having said that, over one and a half year in Ashley’s tenure I am still waiting to be convinced by him and it’s fair to say my initial “waiting to be convinced” has gradually transformed into an unhealthy scepticism. Ashley has made huge mistakes, ranging from getting the due diligence wrong and not having money available to invest as a result, lousy communication with the fans (“it’s a FACT”, silence), terrible appointments (a management team unable to work together for the best interest of the club), running at the first sign of trouble and a lack of expectancy management.

He will not get a clean slate but he has bought some time with this, and I think for the majority of our fans this will be last chance saloon for Mr Ashley. He will have to prove in the next months he has learned his lesson and is willing to invest in order to move the club forward, not just sideways. For me, this entails attracting a level of manager capable of moving us back to the top half of the table consistently (not Joe Kinnear!) and backing that manager by bringing in the players he wants on a transfer and wage budget that has been agreed beforehand. Despite not addressing some key weak areas in our squad and falling out with each other, there have been some decent acquisitions in the summer, so it’s a matter of building on what’s there and making it work with the right manager in charge to oversee the on-the-field progress.

Making a football club successful is a long term proposition. Ashley has not made the best of starts, but since we’re stuck with him he gets my support for one more chance to move this club in the right direction. Although I am still sceptical he will duly deliver and promise to continue to voice my criticism when I see fit (i.e. when the club’s management is deserving of it), I dread to think what will happen if he doesn’t.. It’s up to you Mr Ashley to turn this ship around.

I am pleased nor disappointed about this "news", as the club's mouthpieces have had us warming to the idea for a while and I have to admit it's better to have Ashley speak out some form of commitment to the cause than to have the club left in its recent limbo any longer. However, I sympathise more with the 30% of posters who say they are unhappy about this latest development than with the 70% who are.

Everything depends on your perspective I suppose. I am content (happy is putting it way too strong) with this newest twist given our dire situation and the fact it is seemingly impossible to flog the club in the current climate at a price deemed reasonable to Mr Ashley. I am however disappointed by the fact they haven’t been able to find a buyer capable of really moving us forward, and this announcement slams the door shut for that to happen in the foreseeable future. We are stuck with Ashley whether we want it or not, and we may as well give the man another chance to prove his worth and pull together in support of the club (and that includes the present owner), because it doesn’t seem like there will be a hero saviour who will magically right all the wrongs anytime soon.

Having said that, over one and a half year in Ashley’s tenure I am still waiting to be convinced by him and it’s fair to say my initial “waiting to be convinced” has gradually transformed into an unhealthy scepticism. Ashley has made huge mistakes, ranging from getting the due diligence wrong and not having money available to invest as a result, lousy communication with the fans (“it’s a FACT”, silence), terrible appointments (a management team unable to work together for the best interest of the club), running at the first sign of trouble and a lack of expectancy management.

He will not get a clean slate but he has bought some time with this, and I think for the majority of our fans this will be last chance saloon for Mr Ashley. He will have to prove in the next months he has learned his lesson and is willing to invest in order to move the club forward, not just sideways. For me, this entails attracting a level of manager capable of moving us back to the top half of the table consistently (not Joe Kinnear!) and backing that manager by bringing in the players he wants on a transfer and wage budget that has been agreed beforehand. Despite not addressing some key weak areas in our squad and falling out with each other, there have been some decent acquisitions in the summer, so it’s a matter of building on what’s there and making it work with the right manager in charge to oversee the on-the-field progress.

Making a football club successful is a long term proposition. Ashley has not made the best of starts, but since we’re stuck with him he gets my support for one more chance to move this club in the right direction. Although I am still sceptical he will duly deliver and promise to continue to voice my criticism when I see fit (i.e. when the club’s management is deserving of it), I dread to think what will happen if he doesn’t.. It’s up to you Mr Ashley to turn this ship around.

Fantastic post. :clap:

Sums up my feelings perfectly.

Guest The Libertine

Bargains are great.

Spending money demonstrates commitment and a willingness to back the manager's judgement.

he'll be backing a temporary manager though. if he puts in £15 million this window and kinnear is replaced (please) by someone new who doesnt want the new players then we'll be back to square one again.

saying that, chances are kinnear will be here next season so the above is probably irrelevant.