Not For Sale

Thespence
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fair do's, in all this i think its obvious that im backing Ashley, ive put sentimentality aside and i think its shame that any dig aimed at Keegan has been dragged out and torn to bits, id be surpirsed to see a post which has provoked a mass Keegan Ashley debate by the insult of Keegan, it rarely happens, however feelings are raw at the moment so i suppose i should accept it for a while.

They wont be tolerated for long mind. ;)

:thup:

Keegan's name really should be consigned to history now and I have basically tried to forget about it and focus on the present and the future. The sentimental side of me will always rise to the fore however if I feel Keegan is being overly disrespected - I just cant help it.

But for now, I am pinning my hopes on todays Ashley statement that the club can push on.

It is like pinning your hopes on a Balloon in my opinion.......you will be deflated.

You're wasted on this forum cp40.  :lol:

You genuinely are my favourite poster - i shall be voting for you in the forum awards, you're like the online version of Karl Pilkington.

He could undo many wrongs this january by splashing out a decent wedge.

We desperately need

central defender

left back

athletic defensive midfielder

creative midfielder

and a couple of prospects... a la bassong!!

People need to forget about KK and move on. He isn't coming back and we're stuck with Ashley. He may not be the perfect owner but there's a better a chance of him spending some money in the upcoming window now. I won't be wasting my time being bitter about the whole KK thing and I just want to see the club doing well, and that is actually possible even with Ashley and Kinnear in charge. Oh, and bring back Mort, please.

A system which brought in colo, bassong, guthrie, jonas, aye fucking terrible like. :lol:

Redknapp is hardly a shit manager as well, proven premiership, done a very good job at pompey.

The system didn't bring us any of those players. A bunch of individuals working together and as individuals brought them in. The same scouts could have brought us the same players in any other system. What the system brought us was a conflict between manager and chairman/director (football) that resulted in the manager leaving.

A system which brought in colo, bassong, guthrie, jonas, aye fucking terrible like. :lol:

Redknapp is hardly a shit manager as well, proven premiership, done a very good job at pompey.

The system didn't bring us any of those players. A bunch of individuals working together and as individuals brought them in. The same scouts could have brought us the same players in any other system. What the system brought us was a conflict between manager and chairman/director (football) that resulted in the manager leaving.

Exactly. A scouting system is hardly revolutionary.

A system which brought in colo, bassong, guthrie, jonas, aye f***ing terrible like. :lol:

Redknapp is hardly a s*** manager as well, proven premiership, done a very good job at pompey.

Exactly. A scouting system is hardly revolutionary.

t'is for us

People need to forget about KK and move on. He isn't coming back and we're stuck with Ashley. He may not be the perfect owner but there's a better a chance of him spending some money in the upcoming window now. I won't be wasting my time being bitter about the whole KK thing and I just want to see the club doing well, and that is actually possible even with Ashley and Kinnear in charge. Oh, and bring back Mort, please.

so you accept everthing he did, ashley?

and what HIS MAN Wise did?

and what we were left with?

fucking cretin.

Until I'm proven wrong, I'm going to take the fact that Ashley publicly declared that he's not selling the club just before the transfer window as a sign of good faith that he's going to release the funds to buy players. Are we going to get four players in like Kinnear wants? Probably not. The January window always sees inflated prices.

The bottom line is that if anybody else was managing Newcastle besides Keegan when all this sh*t went down, nobody would be against Ashley. But the fact is that it was Ashley himself who brought Keegan back as manager, and not a single person here knows exactly what happened behind the scenes with Kev. In any rational world, we would come to the conclusion that both sides probably had a share in the blame for Keegan's reign not working out. Now it's time to move on.

This is the most competitive EPL season in recent memory. There are very few teams that are playing consistent football. Ashley and Wise brought in quality players who improved our squad, and it seems like they're going to work with Kinnear to bring in more. If we get a few more players of the quality and work rate of Bassong, Guthrie, Jonas, and Coloccini, we should be fine. For now, we all need to relax and see what happens. On February 1st, we should resume this discussion; until then, we should reserve our judgement.

so you accept everthing he did, ashley?

and what HIS MAN Wise did?

and what we were left with?

f***ing cretin.

I don't know what Wise did and I'm not exactly a big fan of Kinnear, but the Keegan thing history now and we're not doing ourselves by dwelling on the past. Ashley hasn't done everything right, but I'll give him a second chance now to prove that he isn't a complete idiot.

I think January is a hard time anyway to buy players, so that'll be the main excuse that Joe uses when he doesn't get anyone of note.

Decent excuse to be fair  :sadnod:

the complacency has set in before the window has opened,...

I think January is a hard time anyway to buy players, so that'll be the main excuse that Joe uses when he doesn't get anyone of note.

yup. but so have the finger-pointing and blame

Reality? Don't even know where complacency comes into this.  :undecided:

Guest Howaythetoon

Time everyone got behind Newcastle United.

Time? That goes without saying, 47K there against Spurs doing exactly that, the same if not more going today to do exactly that.

John Beresford in this month THE MAG said "even with everything going on the fans have always backed the team, unlike other clubs where they sometimes turn on the players". TBH this months Mag is well worth read.

And he's right. That's one thing guaranteed with us - we'll support the club if not always the man or men.

It's only a few months ago since you said you'd given up on the club (for the umpteenth time) ffs.

f***ing spare me.  :lol:

You can fuck off as well. So a fan can't have a moment or two where they think "fuck this, had enough"? Never had any moments like that yourself? I've had loads and will continue to have them. I'm still here though. By the way I stand by my comments, I have given up on the club in so far as I have no faith or confidence in our immediate future under the fuckwits that run the club.

The bottom line is that if anybody else was managing Newcastle besides Keegan when all this sh*t went down, nobody would be against Ashley.

No - I looked at the miserable failure to improve the squad to any significant degree in the summer as a failure of the team put in place to do that strengthening and the financial parameters they were working under. I've moved on from Keegan and see the whole of Ashley's tenure as failure.

Guest Howaythetoon

Time? That goes without saying, 47K there against Spurs doing exactly that, the same if not more going today to do exactly that.

John Beresford in this month THE MAG said "even with everything going on the fans have always backed the team, unlike other clubs where they sometimes turn on the players". TBH this months Mag is well worth read.

And he's right. That's one thing guaranteed with us - we'll support the club if not always the man or men.

It's only a few moths ago since you said you'd given up on the club (for the umpteenth time) ffs.

please god dig up that quote. it'll go great with his "newcastle are the best club in my world" rant a few weeks ago.

And they are the best club in the world, to me and to all those that follow the club. Muppets like you however take such throw away comments literally and store them in your tiny brain waiting to trip someone up one day because that's all this forum is about these days, point scoring, bringing up what people said in the past and trying to use it against them and to be honest its sad. No wonder a good number of good posters no longer seem to post here.

"please god dig up that quote"

You sound like a right little bitch. :lol:

I'll try and find it for you if it means that much to you.  :thup:

Guest The Libertine

It's only a few moths ago since you said you'd given up on the club (for the umpteenth time) ffs.

please god dig up that quote. it'll go great with his "newcastle are the best club in my world" rant a few weeks ago.

And they are the best club in the world, to me and to all those that follow the club. Muppets like you however take such throw away comments literally and store them in your tiny brain waiting to trip someone up one day because that's all this forum is about these days, point scoring, bringing up what people said in the past and trying to use it against them and to be honest its sad. No wonder a good number of good posters no longer seem to post here.

"please god dig up that quote"

You sound like a right little bitch. :lol:

I'll try and find it for you if it means that much to you.  :thup:

giving up on the club and now the forum. you're more like keegan than i give you credit for. you any good at golf?

And then what will happen when we have another summer window were the squad problems weren't addressed?