Not For Sale

Thespence
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This means fuck all. If he continues to allow the undermining of managers, no real investing in players, continues with JK as a long term solution then what's changed? We will see what happens in the transfer window but I'm not expecting to have my socks blown off that's for sure. His managment team which is a team in the loosest possible sense has already failed on a massive scale once so I don't understand why he hasn't taken steps to replace them if he is serious about taking the club forward.

Because there's a good chance that it will be worth more when the economy recovers?

On what basis?

According to the supposed prospectus the selling points are the stadium, the squad and the revenue streams. The latter two will certainly not be increasing any time soon, in fact I'd say the revenue streams with a possible smaller TV deal and less ST sales will be reducing.

Of course relegation would make a slight difference as well.

Are you suggesting Ashley paid over the odds in the first place?

He values the club at £250 million which is what he claims he's put in, nobody is willing to splash out that sort of money on a football club in difficult financial times which is why other clubs are not being bought either, when the markets improve there's a good chance that he will be able to get what he wants for it because people will be more inclined to invest and the banks are more likely to lend.

Nice to see NUSC showing themselves up as a bunch of clueless attention grabbing tits again today

10:30 - Spokesman on SSN blaming Ashley for announcing he is staying just to spoil Bobby Robson Day

11:55 - Holding their 'Cockney Mafia Out' banner just above the main Bobby Robson banner

Well done idiots!

I don't really give two fucks who is in charge just want us to be run right. He has made a lot of mistakes but I don't think he is the devil like some make out.

He has a LOT of making up to do but this news hasn't exactly ruined my weekend.

I think this news is positive because he has shown his hand prior to the transfer window opening.

He didn't have to come out with this and could have used the selling of the club as an excuse not to invest in the team.

This announcement today essentially means that he has to invest in the team this January and failure to do so will leave him looking very silly.

At this moment in time this is good for the club and I am somewhat confident that it means that the team will be improved in January.

I'm not excited about this, but it seems to be the best realistic thing that could happen at this point in time. He needs to live or die by his actions over the next 8 months and prove that he's serious about doing this. I feel as though I need to give him a second chance as there doesn't seem to be anyone else I'd realistically rather give a 1st chance to.

Will there be an update for FM with this news?

Anyway its a good thing he's took the club off the market. Hate how we were being hoored around some Arabs , its just not the Newcastle I know.  Come on Ash splash your cash, what else you gonna spend all that money on.

Will there be an update for FM with this news?

Anyway its a good thing he's took the club off the market. Hate how we were being hoored around some Arabs , its just not the Newcastle I know.  Come on Ash splash your cash, what else you gonna spend all that money on.

Yes the end of Jan transfer window patch will reflect this.

Guest Howaythetoon

Because there's a good chance that it will be worth more when the economy recovers?

The economy may recover but his investment will only continue to fall in value the longer he stays because the longer he stays the longer our club will remain the club we are today, with a manager like Kinnear managing the team, star players wanting out and peanuts being spent on an already piss poor team, meanwhile gates will fall even more.

Get used to getting stuffed at home to clubs who not so long ago we were in competition with for honours.

Good news - finally someone at the club who is prepared to make a decision for the good of the club, whatever the reasoning behind it.  :nods:

Good of the club my f***ing anus - nobody will pay his price so he attempts to get back in in - and there are complete idiots who actually buy it.

Also the timing meant to deflect from the Bobby Robson day should see the c*** shot.

Nah, howay man, he loves the club. The man can fuck off. He's been feeding the media with little bits here, little bits there, to pave the way for this. He's as dishonest as the day is long and has no backbone whatsoever. He's a cretin and an opportunist. As long as he remains we will go nowhere from this point, look forward to Kinnear getting a new deal in the summer, more limited net spending and more empty seats. I can see crowds of 35K next season unless he spends big in Jan, again in the summer and appoints a top manager. Will it happen? Will it fuck.

Where are the north east business consortiums who should have come in and saved us from the dastardly    Ashley? The club was for sale, why didn't they put their hands in their pockets and deliver us from Cockney evil?

Guest Howaythetoon

Good news - finally someone at the club who is prepared to make a decision for the good of the club, whatever the reasoning behind it.  :nods:

Good of the club my f***ing anus - nobody will pay his price so he attempts to get back in in - and there are complete idiots who actually buy it.

Also the timing meant to deflect from the Bobby Robson day should see the c*** shot.

Nah, howay man, he loves the club. The man can f*** off. He's been feeding the media with little bits here, little bits there, to pave the way for this. He's as dishonest as the day is long and has no backbone whatsoever. He's a cretin and an opportunist. As long as he remains we will go nowhere from this point, look forward to Kinnear getting a new deal in the summer, more limited net spending and more empty seats. I can see crowds of 35K next season unless he spends big in Jan, again in the summer and appoints a top manager. Will it happen? Will it f***.

Where are the north east business consortiums who should have come in and saved us from the dastardly    Ashley? The club was for sale, why didn't they put their hands in their pockets and deliver us from Cockney evil?

What has that got to do with anything? To play along, perhaps the price of the club was too high?

im ok happy with that.....if he shows commitment by spending money on at least 3 good or promising players in jan.

He also said recently that jfk would be at the club as long ashley was there! HOPE NOT!

as i said before...shearer in or some other proven manager  from the end of the season. Not later

The economy may recover but his investment will only continue to fall in value the longer he stays because the longer he stays the longer our club will remain the club we are today, with a manager like Kinnear managing the team, star players wanting out and peanuts being spent on an already piss poor team, meanwhile gates will fall even more.

Get used to getting stuffed at home to clubs who not so long ago we were in competition with for honours.

The club is in no worse shape than it was when he bought it and it didn't have the extra sky money to take into account back then either.

Nah, howay man, he loves the club. The man can f*** off. He's been feeding the media with little bits here, little bits there, to pave the way for this. He's as dishonest as the day is long and has no backbone whatsoever. He's a cretin and an opportunist. As long as he remains we will go nowhere from this point, look forward to Kinnear getting a new deal in the summer, more limited net spending and more empty seats. I can see crowds of 35K next season unless he spends big in Jan, again in the summer and appoints a top manager. Will it happen? Will it f***.

Where are the north east business consortiums who should have come in and saved us from the dastardly     Ashley? The club was for sale, why didn't they put their hands in their pockets and deliver us from Cockney evil?

What has that got to do with anything? To play along, perhaps the price of the club was too high?

I thought you and 299,999 others were going to put a grand in each and buy the club?

Guest Howaythetoon

The club is in no worse shape than it was when he boughtit  and it didn't have the extra sky money to take into account back then either.

And that's acceptable? Things are only going to get worse Baggio. If we thought things were bad under Souness, Roeder, Big Sam and Freddy Shepherd we're in for one hell of a shock because if Kinnear manages to keep us up, he'll get a new deal and don't think now that the club is no longer for sale (aye right) that Ashley will spend some money because he won't.

Empty seats are a pretty good indicator of things and next season unless a top manager comes in and big money is spent I can see thousands more staying away from the matches.

Guest Howaythetoon

I thought you and 299,999 others were going to put a grand in each and buy the club?

You thought wrong, as usual.

The club is in no worse shape than it was when he boughtit  and it didn't have the extra sky money to take into account back then either.

And that's acceptable? Things are only going to get worse Baggio. If we thought things were bad under Souness, Roeder, Big Sam and Freddy Shepherd we're in for one hell of a shock because if Kinnear manages to keep us up, he'll get a new deal and don't think now that the club is no longer for sale (aye right) that Ashley will spend some money because he won't.

Empty seats are a pretty good indicator of things and next season unless a top manager comes in and big money is spent I can see thousands more staying away from the matches.

Where did I say it was acceptable, you claim that his investment would continue to drop which is when I pointed out that the club is in no worse position than it was when he bought it, except for the extra cash from the Sky money which will help increase the value of the business.

The rest of your post is waffle and has nothing to do with what I said.

Where are the north east business consortiums who should have come in and saved us from the dastardly     Ashley? The club was for sale, why didn't they put their hands in their pockets and deliver us from Cockney evil?

Isn't it funny when people make sneering comments like the 299,999 tripe ?

As if THEY were going to do any such thing themselves.....

Where are the north east business consortiums who should have come in and saved us from the dastardly     Ashley? The club was for sale, why didn't they put their hands in their pockets and deliver us from Cockney evil?

Isn't it funny when people make sneering comments like the 299,999 tripe ?

As if THEY were going to do any such thing themselves.....

I wasn't though and I'm not daft enough to claim I was or that it was a good idea.

Guest Howaythetoon

Where did I say it was acceptable, you claim that his investment would continue to drop which is when I pointed out that the club is in no worse position than it was when he bought it, except for the extra cash from the Sky money which will help increase the value of the business.

The rest of your post is waffle and has nothing to do with what I said.

It will continue to drop - his valuation of the club never mind the real value of it which will fall too - because of all the extra empty seats, the value of the squad going down due to our better players leaving or being sold and due to the positions we'll occupy in the league which will be mid-table mediocrity at best, championship football at worst. That's why HIS valuation of the club will continue to fall the longer he stays. Revenue will also fall. The more he spends the more he'll want back pushing an already over inflated value higher making it harder to sell even more than it is now. If he doesn't spend the club will not improve and continue to go backwards thus decreasing the value or worth further.