The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Zammora scores - has been coming

Anyone else notice the lack of celebration from the Fulham fans behind the goal? Welcome to the modern day football fan! :(

They were probably all embarrassed.

Most likely spent the whole afternoon cursing Zamora out with the way he had been playing.

Guest quklaani

Come on Citeh!

If Everton win (ok, so I maybe shouldn't say that around here, but y'know, if) then the top six look likes this:

Man utd    63

Liverpool    56

Chelsea      53

Villa            52

Arsenal      46

Everton    44

Arsenal are just as likely to finish third or sixth as they are fourth.  Liverpool aren't out of it but they'll pretty much have to beat us at Old Trafford, which I'm reasonably confident they won't.

I didnt see yesterdays game because I was at a wedding but I've seen the highlights since.  It was never a penalty, Pedersen was a coward.  Someone on a United forum said if it had been Ronaldo then he'd have gone down.  Bollocks, someone else retorted, he'd have scored a goal, because it was a great position and while hes a cheat he's also a fantastic footballer who doesn't shirk great oppurtunities to score at the slightest contact.  Of course if he's not in a scoring position then um, yeah.

My thought was that you always hear the old "if it happened outside the box..."  Well if Rafael puts a hand on Pedersen's shoulder in the centre circle and he goes down like he's been shot in the knee then nothing happens, why should it be different in the box?  That and I'm still not sure why we had a goal disallowed.

Bricking it about tuesday, we'll get to play O'shea at CB only if we're very lucky...