The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Wenger needs a good kicking.

Someone needs to kick his arse right to the Newcastle dugout. Best manager in the world.

He's blatantly not though is he? He's also a massive twat.

Devil's advocate time, it's interesting, it is offside, at least it should be, and I'd be shouting blue murder if that happened to us but when the ball leaves the head of the Arsenal player (Djourou?), is Gallas "active"?

If Myhill doesn't get a touch, the ball wouldn't have looped to Gallas so how can he be active at that point? If it had gone in off the first Arsenal head, let's say, it would have been allowed - so it is only the goalkeeper's interference that allows Gallas to head in, meaning that it is legal because the last touch was from a Hull player?

I wouldn't shake Phil Browns hand either, the bloke is a prize cocksmith & if the MAGS who battered him years ago at SJP are on here all I can say is RESPECT going out to you.

Wegner is petty, stroppy & a bad loser but hey that's what being  French is all about.

Devil's advocate time, it's interesting, it is offside, at least it should be, and I'd be shouting blue murder if that happened to us but when the ball leaves the head of the Arsenal player (Djourou?), is Gallas "active"?

If Myhill doesn't get a touch, the ball wouldn't have looped to Gallas so how can he be active at that point? If it had gone in off the first Arsenal head, let's say, it would have been allowed - so it is only the goalkeeper's interference that allows Gallas to head in, meaning that it is legal because the last touch was from a Hull player?

Doesn't matter.

If someone shoots from 30 yards out towards the left side of the goal, and another player is in an offside position on the other side of the goal and the goalkeeper saves it but only as far as the offside player and he taps it in, it's still offside.

Doesn't matter.

If someone shoots from 30 yards out towards the left side of the goal, and another player is in an offside position on the other side of the goal and the goalkeeper saves it but only as far as the offside player and he taps it in, it's still offside.

Makes sense when you put it like that. I'm still not sure this active-inactive thing is very clear though and anything that upsets Phil Brown is fine by me.

At the end of the day, it was offside, but look at the replys we had to see. Advantage to the attacking team.

And meh, we all hate Phil Brown, why cant Wenger? :lol:

I called offside when I saw it live, ridiculous decision. And where was the advantage to the attacking team in the first half? That one was only inches in it with the players running in opposite directions.

Doesn't matter.

Makes sense when you put it like that. I'm still not sure this active-inactive thing is very clear though and anything that upsets Phil Brown is fine by me.

Good, I was almost confusing myself when I wrote it :laugh:

At the end of the day, it was offside, but look at the replys we had to see. Advantage to the attacking team.

I called offside when I saw it live, ridiculous decision. And where was the advantage to the attacking team in the first half? That one was only inches in it with the players running in opposite directions.

"Inches" Barmby was so clearly offside, the calls werent comparable

Anyone who upsets Phil "sit on the field while I slag you off in front of the fans and look like big man" Brown is Ok in my book.

And he's Allardyce's best mate, and he wears ridiculous dandruff jackets, what's there to like?  :thup:

Doesn't matter.

Yeah but that's easily interfering with play. IMO the decision was right at the time, Gallas was no interference at all to the phase of play, yes when the ball was kicked but play was ahead of him. The rule after that is supposed to stand is if it hits off an opposing player then it won't be offside. Good call i reckon.

Guest quklaani

I called offside when I saw it live, ridiculous decision.

I thought the ref had blown because the Hull players all seemed to stop, which was understandable if utterly stupid.  He's so far offside he's off...twice, or something.  If you know what I mean.

Anyone who upsets Phil "sit on the field while I slag you off in front of the fans and look like big man" Brown is Ok in my book.

And he's Allardyce's best mate, and he wears ridiculous dandruff jackets, what's there to like?  :thup:

The fake tan to rival David Dickinson?

Jesus christ 35, are you serious?! :lol:

Pardew's wikipedia:

In March 2009, on Match of the Day 2 Pardew was condemned for implying that Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien had "absolutely rape(d)" Man City player Ched Evans during a midfield tussle for the ball.[27] Throughout the programme, Pardew was reported to have been in a state of frenzied rage, with bloodshot eyes and a white froth lining the outside of his mouth apparent as he uttered the phrase. The BBC have insisted there will be no on-air apology, despite 35 viewer complaints, insisting it had been misheard as "rakes", and expressing no certainty that Pardew would ever appear on the show again

Phil Brown seems to be losing it at the moment. He seemed rattled before the game with us, and now he's blaming Wenger for decisions made by the ref.

Methinks he's a worried man, and all this won't help his players.  O0

Phil Brown seems to be losing it at the moment. He seemed rattled before the game with us, and now he's blaming Wenger for decisions made by the ref.

you heard him on the radio? hes shitting himself and generally making a right tit of himself

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7950507.stm

cringe-tastic :lol:

you heard him on the radio? hes shitting himself and generally making a right tit of himself

at what stage of the insanity process do you realise you're insane?

i'm guessing it's not long after you're sitting ridiculing another teams manager in march 2009 as a newcastle supporter

i'm guessing it's not long after you're sitting ridiculing another teams manager in march 2009 as a newcastle supporter

What?

What?

read