The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

I struggle to think of a weaker Real Madrid I've ever seen than the current one, even the 1995 version that got destroyed at home to Ajax had Redondo and a young Raul. If they can win 17 out of 18 games with a back four of Ramos, Cannavaro, Pepe, Heinze it doesn't say much for the competition. Sevilla are 18 points behind for christ's sake.

Gago, Guti, Mahamadou Diarra, Robben, Van Der Vaart, Sneijder, Raul, Higuain, V. Nistelrooy and Huntelaar aren't too shabby like..

Hardly need a new strikeforce and midfield.

Definitely need a new defence though. Nothing short of pathetic at the back.

:lol:

What's it say about your forum when you spend 90% of your time on here

Just renounce the domain and move on m4tt, Ne5 talks more sense than you

I feel you are holding a grudge or something... but against who or what? Me? Toontastic? or maybe just life in general.

I struggle to think of a weaker Real Madrid I've ever seen than the current one, even the 1995 version that got destroyed at home to Ajax had Redondo and a young Raul. If they can win 17 out of 18 games with a back four of Ramos, Cannavaro, Pepe, Heinze it doesn't say much for the competition. Sevilla are 18 points behind for christ's sake.

Gago, Guti, Mahamadou Diarra, Robben, Van Der Vaart, Sneijder, Raul, Higuain, V. Nistelrooy and Huntelaar aren't too shabby like..

Pepe seems to have a good kick on him.

:lol:

What's it say about your forum when you spend 90% of your time on here

Just renounce the domain and move on m4tt, Ne5 talks more sense than you

I feel you are holding a grudge or something... but against who or what? Me? Toontastic? or maybe just life in general.

You

But i'll leave it, i'm off to bed.

Pepe seems to have a good kick on him.

Worthy of a childish FYP me thinks. :razz:

Guest Petay

Has anyone picked up on the fact that Arsenal fans started to cry off after 60 minutes, pretty pathetic really.  We have a terrible season (on the back of several years of depressing seasons) and the media seem to revel in the fact we don't quite make 50,000.  Those tossers run out on a team that has made it to the Champions League semi final after 60 minutes and not one member of the press seems to give a toss.

Darren Ferguson is horribly overrated and they aren't that great a side. What happened last time we played Leeds? I forget.

Our squad is/was s*** when Rodgers took over, all we had is Tommy Smith. The rest of our players were playing/were terrible. You had/have a squad of good players potentially capable of beating most sides on your day. Sides coming down, I don't give a crap about them.

Other than West Brom, I can assure you that any other side coming down will more than likely have issues with adjusting to the different demands of the Championship and the sheer shock of every team upping their game to play against them. (Unless Hull go down, in which case they'll do s*** anyway). It's not as though Charlton, Southampton, Norwich, Leeds, Crystal Palace, Derby, Sheffield United etc. bounced straight back up with no problem whatsoever, is it?

With the right stuff done in the summer regarding transfers, we will be challenging for play-offs, at least we should be. I've seen us get into the top 6 of the CCC before, I'm pretty sure I know what it takes. Big names are not necessarily it. A stable manager, consistent team and team spirit, with a couple of quality players and a solid squad will put you in contention for a good Championship finish. This is fact.

We should have stability next season under Rodgers, he plays football the right way and has got a lot out of some s*** players. Unless we have a severely disappointing season, top 10 really shouldn't be out of our grasp. The likes of Burnley, Swansea etc. don't have 'outstanding' players, they are simply stable. Same with Preston this season, in the play-offs. Either way, if we do fail to succeed and retain Danny Rose, it'll probably all be his fault anyway.

Agree with most of your post except that:

1. Chris Eagles is an outstanding player in the Championship. Martin Paterson is not bad either. Steven Caldwell and Graham Alexander.

2. Swansea - Jason Scotland, Ferrie Bodde, Jordi Gómez

I meant in the sense that you don't need a team of superstars. Eagles is something of a poser, top player in the Championship, but personally I think he's a twat. Paterson is a good striker, wouldn't call him spectacular though. Caldwell and Alexander are nothing more than really solid Championship players, Alexander has been in that league for a while. Scotland is imo, shit. Bodde is top class and Gomez isn't half-bad either. But then, I'd say that McAnuff, Smith, Priskin (pushing it) and Cowie are all players that 'on form' and having a good season could be considered outstanding Championship players. DeMerit and Rasiak are proven Championship men and Loach + Jenkins can do nothing but develop. I honestly think we have a great chance next season.

Chris Eagles :mackems:

Do you still have a hard-on for Man Utd's reserves, Delima?

I also have a hard on for Scottish reject, Newcastle reserve, Espanyol reserve and Stoke reserve. You single out Chris Eagles - perhaps you are the one sub-conciously obsessed with Manchester United ??

I meant in the sense that you don't need a team of superstars. Eagles is something of a poser, top player in the Championship, but personally I think he's a t***. Paterson is a good striker, wouldn't call him spectacular though. Caldwell and Alexander are nothing more than really solid Championship players, Alexander has been in that league for a while. Scotland is imo, s***. Bodde is top class and Gomez isn't half-bad either. But then, I'd say that McAnuff, Smith, Priskin (pushing it) and Cowie are all players that 'on form' and having a good season could be considered outstanding Championship players. DeMerit and Rasiak are proven Championship men and Loach + Jenkins can do nothing but develop. I honestly think we have a great chance next season.

Cheers GG. Thanks for agreeing with me that Chris Eagle is a top player in the championship. Wouldn't disagree with you that a club does not need a team of superstars in the Championship. But better to have some than not.

I only realised quite recently that Lee Williamson the ex-Watford player has left for another club. Always thought he is a good player for Watford and a good find for Andy Boothroyd.

In my opinion McAnuff is unreliable, Smith a hardworking medicore player, Priskin not sure how to describe him. An enigma ?

How is Will Hoskins doing ? Always thought that he has the talent to succeed in the Championship. Yet I have completely lost tracked of him.

I meant in the sense that you don't need a team of superstars. Eagles is something of a poser, top player in the Championship, but personally I think he's a t***. Paterson is a good striker, wouldn't call him spectacular though. Caldwell and Alexander are nothing more than really solid Championship players, Alexander has been in that league for a while. Scotland is imo, s***. Bodde is top class and Gomez isn't half-bad either. But then, I'd say that McAnuff, Smith, Priskin (pushing it) and Cowie are all players that 'on form' and having a good season could be considered outstanding Championship players. DeMerit and Rasiak are proven Championship men and Loach + Jenkins can do nothing but develop. I honestly think we have a great chance next season.

Cheers GG. Thanks for agreeing with me that Chris Eagle is a top player in the championship. Wouldn't disagree with you that a club does not need a team of superstars in the Championship. But better to have some than not.

I only realised quite recently that Lee Williamson the ex-Watford player has left for another club. Always thought he is a good player for Watford and a good find for Andy Boothroyd.

In my opinion McAnuff is unreliable, Smith a hardworking medicore player, Priskin not sure how to describe him. An enigma ?

How is Will Hoskins doing ? Always thought that he has the talent to succeed in the Championship. Yet I have completely lost tracked of him.

Lee Williamson is a good player, but didn't fit into Rodgers' system. I hope we keep him, if not, we will get a decent price. McAnuff is unreliable, generally, but since Rodgers has arrived him, Doyley, DeMerit, Priskin and a few other shit/inconsistent players have really shone. He's been one of our better players in the second half of the season, high on confidence and is really looking better for it. I'd disagree completely that Smith is mediocre, he's head and shoulders above anyone in our side and is one of the top 15 or so players in the Championship. To have got so many goals from the wing this season, in a side that was struggling when he got the majority of his goals is damn impressive. Priskin has started scoring for fun, despite being shit, it's quite promising. Him and Rasiak appear to be forming a partnership that is probably enviable for 2/3 of the Championship. Hoskins attitude on the training pitch has let him down I think. Doesn't get given enough games, but when he plays puts in the effort and does quite well. Wouldn't be surprised if we sold him, but I'd like him to stay. Definitely has potential.

Guest kingdawson

I remember when i was the one that was saying Priskin was good, and you informed me he was shite and should be sold. Now he's an "outstanding championship player" is he?. Anyway you're going on about me being people being deluded, but sadly you fail to grasp that you're clearly the deluded one.

Burnley better then Watford = Check

Sheffield united better then Watford = Check

WBA better then Watford = Check

Any 2 of the possible premiership relegation candidates better then Watford = Check (altough i do agree that the pure shock of being in the championship, might have a negative effect.

Qpr better then Watford = Check (especially considering the possible signings that might be comming in)

Reading better then Watford = Check

ect ect ect.. (Lets not even mention Derby who'll more then likely improve under clough, and Palace)

I'll actually bet any amount of money you want, that Sheffield Wednesday will finish above you .

I remember when i was the one that was saying Priskin was good, and you informed me he was shite and should be sold. Now he's an "outstanding championship player" is he?. Anyway you're going on about me being people being deluded, but sadly you fail to grasp that you're clearly the deluded one.

Any 2 of the possible premiership relegation candidates better then Watford = Check (altough i do agree that the pure shock of being in the championship, might have a negative effect.

Qpr better then Watford = Check (especially considering the possible signings that might be comming in)

ect ect ect.. (Lets not even mention Derby who'll more then likely improve under clough, and Palace)

I'll actually bet any amount of money you want, that Sheffield Wednesday will finish above you .

I'm the one who watches Priskin play practically week in week out. I'd say I'm far more qualified than you to comment upon his progress, from shite to fairly decent. We should still snap off anyone's hand who offers us around £2M.

Burnley - last time we played them we won 3-0.

Sheffield United are a side on form, but Kevin Blackwell is an average manager. Will probably struggle next season if they don't get up this season.

Reading - a shadow of what they were last season/a few months back. If Coppell goes as is rumoured, they'll have some problems.

WBA - I reckon they'll be up there definitely next season.

QPHaha - don't make me laugh. They can't keep a manager for more than 2 seconds, stability is the key in the CCC.

Derby - The team we were 3-0 up against after half an hour on Sunday? Oh yeah, they're going to be fantastic.

Sheffield Wednesday - no chance.

Next season: West Brom and the other relegated sides (excluding Hull), Cardiff, Burnley, Sheffield United, Reading (but not Preston if they stay down), Watford, Leicester, Bristol City, Ipswich, Swansea will compose the top 10 or so. That's what I reckon. QPR might scrape in, but their chairman is too much of a meddler for them to get any success. Sheffield Wednesday finished 3 points above us this season, we were terrible most of this season. I reckon we have more potential for improvement than them.

We'll see who's deluded. If we play next season as we have done the second half of this season, we will get a play-off place. That much is fact.

I remember when i was the one that was saying Priskin was good, and you informed me he was s**** and should be sold. Now he's an "outstanding championship player" is he?. Anyway you're going on about me being people being deluded, but sadly you fail to grasp that you're clearly the deluded one.

What is your point thouh KD ?

GG said that Watford coukd challenge for top 6, and should be in top 10.

Assming all your opinions are valid:

Bunley

Sheffield united

WBA

2 Premiership rejects

QPR

Reading

Derby

Crystal Palace

9 teams. If Watord are behind all thse teams, then they will be 10th and challening for top 6 - exactly what GG said.

we really need barcelona to beat chelsea tomorrow night. Can't afford to have them to go to the staduim of shite thinking about 2 cup finals!

plus i want to see a man u barca final, anywya.