January net spend sweepstake

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest The Libertine

we'd have spent over £10 million net in the last window if milner didnt want to leave right at the end. if he was still here then "net spend" wouldnt be as big an issue.

we sold rozenhal (poor defender basically) for a good price, emre (unfit, 1 good game in 10 player) for a, iirc, good price then faye and milner wanted out. similar story with the allardyce window too.

Look what we got out of West Ham for Dyer, for once we've sold well.

we've generally sold well under ashley. i cant think of any bad outgoing deals. £7 million for parker was a great deal. its just a shame allardyce bought smith and barton as replacements for them both.

Bit of a risk bringing in all this young, foreign talent into a bit of a relegation scrap though. Would be better to go for experienced players tried and tested at Premiership level surely?

That's how Kinnear will see it I imagine, hence the interest in Riise.

think we'll sell Xisco and Enrique, and maybe someone more important like Owen or N'Zogbia.

coming in, a few young lads like Sahko and Sissoko along with a more experienced premiership player and a couple of loanees. should give us a solid enough squad to survive.

Guest VegasToon

Sakho, Sissoko, Emanuelson, Baines and Ebondo all coming in.

N'Zogbia, Smith and Xisco all out.

Possibly Gomis in if Owen goes too.

Watch

This

Space

I could live with that.

My vote is over 10 mil.  Looking at the table, if we can get some good players and some depth there is no reason to believe we can't finish top 8.

Bit of a risk bringing in all this young, foreign talent into a bit of a relegation scrap though. Would be better to go for experienced players tried and tested at Premiership level surely?

Maybe JFK will try and hijack the Nigel Quashie to Birmingham deal then...he always seems to join a club battling relegation in January for some reason.

Few people don't seem to be keen on Riise. I'd certainly have him.

• 1 month later...