Gerrard arrested

Shearergol

I wonder if Gerrard, England hero will get dragged through the mud by the tabloids like Barton?

Daft question really.

How on earth are people comparing Gerrard with Barton, it's f***ing daft, Barton has long, very long list of previous incidents.

Barton has put out a cigar in a youth players eye!  beat up his team mate at Man City training ground, been involved in actual fights in/out of clubs.  Even looking at Barton's family, his brother has killed someone.

Gerrard didn't even throw the first punch, and the story HAS been in the news for days and he has been getting criticism.

Without wanting to defend Barton too much, and I've already posted this a million times, but you realise the situation with the cigar right? The lad tried to set Barton's shirt alight with his lighter, so got what he deserved. Funny how people ignore this fact.

And to mention the murder, which had NOTHING to do with Joey Barton is quite frankly stupid. If a member of your family committed a crime, would you expect to be lambasted for it? No.

Got what he deserved?

Fair enough if Barton twatted him, but sticking a cigar in his eye is a bit far, in fact well over board.

Shirt burning = laddish antics of rich footballers

stubbing cigars in peoples eyes = nutcase you needs sectioning.

Stubbing a cigar in the the eye of someone who is stupid enough to set fire to a shirt you're wearing? I'm not sure, but I think I'f be as pissed off if someone tried that with me.

and why if he hit him it would have been understandable.

It's a massive over reaction from Barton sticking a lit cigar in someone's eye potentially leading to blindness, what's shirt burning going to lead too? A fuked shirt which matters fuk all when you've got that kind of money.

:D 3rd degree burns? Are you kidding?

what?

You honestly can't see what setting fire to someone's clothes whilst they're wearing them would actually cause? Jesus wept.

Tell you what, set fire to your own synthetic material shirt and see what damage it does to you.

Chances are the clothes wouldn't set fire, most wouldn't with just a lighter, my guess is that the lad wasn't trying to set him on fire, just pissing about, and if it did go up would have s*** himself and be all over him putting it out. Joey though intended to stick a lit cigar burning at temps higher than your cooker in the lads face.

If i do, please would you stick a cigar in both eyes and see what that does to you?

Clothes wouldn't catch fire with a lighter? Are you a total fucking tosspot? :idiot2:

I wonder if Gerrard, England hero will get dragged through the mud by the tabloids like Barton?

Daft question really.

How on earth are people comparing Gerrard with Barton, it's f***ing daft, Barton has long, very long list of previous incidents.

Barton has put out a cigar in a youth players eye!  beat up his team mate at Man City training ground, been involved in actual fights in/out of clubs.  Even looking at Barton's family, his brother has killed someone.

Gerrard didn't even throw the first punch, and the story HAS been in the news for days and he has been getting criticism.

Without wanting to defend Barton too much, and I've already posted this a million times, but you realise the situation with the cigar right? The lad tried to set Barton's shirt alight with his lighter, so got what he deserved. Funny how people ignore this fact.

And to mention the murder, which had NOTHING to do with Joey Barton is quite frankly stupid. If a member of your family committed a crime, would you expect to be lambasted for it? No.

Got what he deserved?

Fair enough if Barton twatted him, but sticking a cigar in his eye is a bit far, in fact well over board.

Shirt burning = laddish antics of rich footballers

stubbing cigars in peoples eyes = nutcase you needs sectioning.

Stubbing a cigar in the the eye of someone who is stupid enough to set fire to a shirt you're wearing? I'm not sure, but I think I'f be as pissed off if someone tried that with me.

and why if he hit him it would have been understandable.

It's a massive over reaction from Barton sticking a lit cigar in someone's eye potentially leading to blindness, what's shirt burning going to lead too? A fuked shirt which matters fuk all when you've got that kind of money.

:D 3rd degree burns? Are you kidding?

what?

You honestly can't see what setting fire to someone's clothes whilst they're wearing them would actually cause? Jesus wept.

Tell you what, set fire to your own synthetic material shirt and see what damage it does to you.

Chances are the clothes wouldn't set fire, most wouldn't with just a lighter, my guess is that the lad wasn't trying to set him on fire, just pissing about, and if it did go up would have s*** himself and be all over him putting it out. Joey though intended to stick a lit cigar burning at temps higher than your cooker in the lads face.

If i do, please would you stick a cigar in both eyes and see what that does to you?

Clothes wouldn't catch fire with a lighter? Are you a total fucking tosspot? :idiot2:

No need for the name calling, all im saying is that chances are the clothes wouldn't set fire while pissing about. Unless the lad sat there with the lighter on him for 30 seconds or so which im sure Barton would have realised then it wouldn't set fire in the dramatic style to cause 3rd degree burns.

No need for the name calling, all im saying is that chances are the clothes wouldn't set fire while pissing about. Unless the lad sat there with the lighter on him for 30 seconds or so which im sure Barton would have realised then it wouldn't set fire in the dramatic style to cause 3rd degree burns.

Indeed. Less of that shite please Oasisandtoonfan.

Guest Mantis

that was never ever self defence, corrupt jury.

Spot on.  Couldn't have went better if it was held in his front room with his aunts and uncles being the jurors.  This countrys political and justice systems are truly fucked.  Look forward to hearing about him receiving rough justice.

Guest BooBoo

Any Evertonians or Mancs would be banned from appearing in such a jury but Liverpool fans wouldn't be exempt.

There's no way on Earth this should have been tried in Liverpool.

Think Gordon Brown (or whoever is filling in for him this week) could do the Labour party a world of good by seeking further clarification of the decision, particularly the judge's somewhat conflicting summation and post-verdict words.

Assumed he would get a suspended sentence at worst, likely community service (in light of previously unblemished record & character witness statements), can not believe or understand how an acquittal has been allowed to take place.

what kind of msg does this send to the rest of the nation's chavs and 'lads'?

Any Evertonians or Mancs would be banned from appearing in such a jury but Liverpool fans wouldn't be exempt.

True. Obviously, I know absolutely nothing about the facts of the matter, but I find it very suspicious that Gerrard was not guilty of affray for hitting the guy but his mates were...

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It happened in Meresyside, so their County/Crown Court will deal with it, nothing sinister about it.

True. Obviously, I know absolutely nothing about the facts of the matter, but I find it very suspicious that Gerrard was not guilty of affray for hitting the guy but his mates were...

His mates said they were guilty. 

Gerrard denied the charge.

It happened in Meresyside, so their County/Crown Court will deal with it, nothing sinister about it.

Not necessarily when there's a clear conflict of interest concerning any potential jury.

I knew that some had plead guilty, but I thought a couple had also plead not guilty. I stand corrected.

Not necessarily when there's a clear conflict of interest concerning any potential jury.

too right

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Same could have been said for Joey Barton being tried in Manchester/Liverpool in that case.

and that matters how ?

Same could have been said for Joey Barton being tried in Manchester/Liverpool in that case.

What's your point?

Barton wasn't tried in Liverpool anyway, he pleaded guilty (and has never played for a Merseyside club anyway). He was set to be tried in Manchester for the Dabo affair but there's a substantial difference between Barton spending a few years at City and not doing very much and Steven Gerrard being one of Liverpool's greatest ever players who can do no wrong for the red half of Merseyside.

For the record, the Bowyer/Woodgate trial was transferred to Hull Crown Court for that very reason.

and that matters how ?

Of course it matters.

I have seen a lot of posts in this thread saying how is it even possible for his mates to be guilty and him getting away with it, well the facts are he was the only one who denied the affray charges.  The rest were always going to be charged.

and that matters how ?

Of course it matters.

I have seen a lot of posts in this thread saying how is it even possible for his mates to be guilty and him getting away with it, well the facts are he was the only one who denied the affray charges.  The rest were always going to be charged.

Begs the question of why they all pleaded guilty though.

and that matters how ?

Of course it matters.

they were all charged. do you think it's possible that the jury thought "Oooh yes all those others are guilty cos they admitted it, but this other chap, who we have clearly seen hitting the bloke, has admitted hitting the bloke says in his case it was self defence"

if it was you or me and our mates had admitted it and we didn't we'd have been found guilty and given a longer sentence for not showing contrition.

not sure about the legal side of this but i'm wondering if their admittal was a patsy as i couldn't see an affray charge ever sticking (assault or ABH seemed more likely)

i wonder how the judge/jury can justify the difference between the actions of gerrard and the others.

money and public perception are the victors again and once again the scales of justice lean very much to one side.

Guest Mantis

And the victim will no doubt be left with a hefty bill instead of the appropriate compensation.  Gerrard wasnt man enough to own up like his mates.

Guest toonbaz

the woodgate/bowyer case was moved to hull crown court even though the incident was in leeds

Did i read right that this tit got away with it?  :facepalm:

And i complain about the Norwegian justice system, jees

Aye. Got off 'with his reputation intact'. So he's still a fucking cunt then.

Did i read right that this tit got away with it?  :facepalm:

And i complain about the Norwegian justice system, jees

Aye. Got off 'with his reputation intact'. So he's still a fucking cunt then.

Language! There's a child's bike outside..