Gerrard arrested

Shearergol

Ironic that he is probably held up as a great role model for a modern footballer, he's an utter cunt and has had shady dealings with criminals in the past according to someone. The game is becoming rediculous, just a load of overpaid egotist cunts fannying about and then angling for contracts that would let them feed and house the 3rd world and have enough change to buy the vacuous orange tart they're banging a gucci bag.

Quite.

The modern footballer wouldn't look out of place by the side of Nero I shouldn't wonder.

Even if Gerrard didn't throw any punches himself, in my mind he is completely guilty on the fact that he allowed his groupies to beat up a man on his behalf on an issue as unimportant as Phil Collins.

If he is convicted I wonder if the FA will charge him with bringing the game into disripute along the same lines as Joey Barton. Somehow I doubt it. I remember the PFA coming out and defending him right away after this. We'll soon see how much bottle the FA have.....

If he is convicted I wonder if the FA will charge him with bringing the game into disripute along the same lines as Joey Barton. Somehow I doubt it. I remember the PFA coming out and defending him right away after this. We'll soon see how much bottle the FA have.....

How come he wasn't banned for playing for England while this has been ongoing? Sure in the past they have stopped several players being available for selection when they've had convictions or have been awaiting trial.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I've just seen the CCTV footage and I can't believe what I've just seen, its totally unbelievable...

How the hell did that night club owner get fucking HD quality CCTV? How come they never get that quality on crimestoppers, its always that pixal shit like the old nes games and you can't make anything out.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Class comment on youtube in regards to the CCTV video:

The poor bloke who got hit obviously does'nt watch football. All he had to do was put his hand on Gerrards arm and the scouse twat would have gone flying across the floor. Well thats what he does when he plays football, the cheating scumbag.

the night club itself looked pretty s***....the old simla looked better than that

Southport is a terrible night out. Fuck knows what he was doing there.

What I don't get about this case is why it's only an affray charge and how he can possibly plead self defence when the other fella does nothing to him?

If Joe Public was caught on CCTV punching someone like that and admitted it then they'd be up for an ABH charge or something. The guy went to hospital I'm pretty sure.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

All Gerrard's mates have admitted affray also. If he gets off this charge I'm done with football.

Guest BooBoo

the night club itself looked pretty s***....the old simla looked better than that

Southport is a terrible night out. Fuck knows what he was doing there.

What I don't get about this case is why it's only an affray charge and how he can possibly plead self defence when the other fella does nothing to him?

If Joe Public was caught on CCTV punching someone like that and admitted it then they'd be up for an ABH charge or something. The guy went to hospital I'm pretty sure.

I would guess there'll be insufficient medical evidence for ABH. Unless the bloke has eg. a broken nose or cheekbone or has been heavily cut by a punch, ABH won't apply meaning it would have to be common assault. Affray is a more serious charge than common assault and more applicable to the Gerrard scenario- ie a public punch up.

One of his mates said something like, "I pushed him away and couldn't stop myself following through with my elbow." I'd like to see him re-enacting that one in court.

Way I see it, Gerrard got the hump because the guy wouldn't let him do the DJing (he IS Stevie G, after all, world famous DJ), got his mates and went back to give the lad a kicking. I guess he'll end up with community service like sportsmen usually do.

I must have seen a different video, because the only one I've seen when the action is going on it's difficult to make out what's happening at all. Then you see his mate holding him back from the other angle.

I must have seen a different video, because the only one I've seen when the action is going on it's difficult to make out what's happening at all. Then you see his mate holding him back from the other angle.

That's the 2nd vid after.

Guest Stephen927

The video I just watched on Youtube had the incident circled, Gerrard threw the first punch then they got seperated and then there was a bit of a run in towards the other end of the bar. Was expecting him to have thrown more punches than that, unless CCTV didn't catch that?

The video I just watched on Youtube had the incident circled, Gerrard threw the first punch then they got seperated and then there was a bit of a run in towards the other end of the bar. Was expecting him to have thrown more punches than that, unless CCTV didn't catch that?

CCTV did, but Mark Clattenburg didn't, so he'll get away with a caution.

(Unless one of the bystanders had a word with him and thus he got sent to prison instead.)

I thought I was the only one. You can see two people during the fight and I'm not sure which one is Gerrard (neither is obviously wearing his pastel blue sweater) or even who threw the first punch.

The bloke gets elbowed by Gerrard's mate first. Then Gerrard shoves his head down and smacks him 5 or 6 times uppercut stylee. The news last night froze the CCTV just as Gerrard was about to throw the first punch interestingly. Almost as if they didn't want to expose Gerrard's twattishness to the nation.... :hmm:

Can't believe the easy ride Gerrard has got over this by the media. Can think of several footballers who would have been smashed by the press on a daily basis had they committed the same crime. Double standards all'ower the parish.

Southport is a terrible night out. f*** knows what he was doing there.

I would guess there'll be insufficient medical evidence for ABH. Unless the bloke has eg. a broken nose or cheekbone or has been heavily cut by a punch, ABH won't apply meaning it would have to be common assault. Affray is a more serious charge than common assault and more applicable to the Gerrard scenario- ie a public punch up.

i'm sure i read that the fella who got hit had a crown broke on one of his front teeth

Now don't get me wrong, Gerrard's a twat and deserves all the stick he gets for this. But surely he shouldn't be going to prison for this? A fight in a pub in Liverpool with no real injuries to speak of? If it wasn't Gerrard I'd be amazed it had even got this far tbh.