Would you cash in on Given?

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I find it really difficult to criticise Shay Given because he has been unbelievable for us for a long long time. However, given the amount of penalties we concede at the moment it would be nice to have a keeper who saves a couple.

Guest toonlass

Given is more than a Goalkeeper to this team. He is passionate about the club, he is loyal. He does the captains role without the armband. He is one of the players that you can say sincerely cares about the club. To lose Given would be disasterous, not only as a keeper but as someone who motivates the other lads.

What a load of rubbish, when does he motivate the lads? He was plucked from Blackburn reserves and given a chance at NUFC that's why he is still here, the only reason he has not left is because it would be to a smaller club. Anybody who thinks Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U, etc would be in for him need to a reality check

You have never seen a Newcastle game then eh?

Guest firetotheworks

Given is more than a Goalkeeper to this team. He is passionate about the club, he is loyal. He does the captains role without the armband. He is one of the players that you can say sincerely cares about the club. To lose Given would be disasterous, not only as a keeper but as someone who motivates the other lads.

What a load of rubbish, when does he motivate the lads? He was plucked from Blackburn reserves and given a chance at NUFC that's why he is still here, the only reason he has not left is because it would be to a smaller club. Anybody who thinks Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U, etc would be in for him need to a reality check

Aye, that Arsene Wenger needs a reality check. Hold on, isn't he the manager of Arsenal?

I find it really difficult to criticise Shay Given because he has been unbelievable for us for a long long time. However, given the amount of penalties we concede at the moment it would be nice to have a keeper who saves a couple.

Aye he's not the best on pens but he has saved in few in his time, including one this season.

Can't believe we've given away 8 penalties this season, we must be on for a record here.

Losing Shay would be like begging for relegation.

Think the real question is, would anyone actually resent him if he did leave for Arsenal?

No. If he wants to go he should fuck off there for the right fee.

Aye, that Arsene Wenger needs a reality check. Hold on, isn't he the manager of Arsenal?

Has Wenger actually made a bid or is it paper talk like all the other times he has been supposed to be moving. Get a grip boys, we have never had a solid bid in all the time he has been at the club, just a lot of talk like all the other bollox.

I suggest you look at some of the goals we have conceded from corners, set pieces and not just the spectacular leaps he pulls off

For 8 Million I would rip anybody's hand off, I have said it before and will say it again (and expect to be flamed) Given is a great shot-stopper but crap keeper, he doesn't talk to his defence, his positional play is abysmall and at one on one's he is terrible.

:lol:

Got what you ''expected'' then....

Guest firetotheworks

Has Wenger actually made a bid or is it paper talk like all the other times he has been supposed to be moving. Get a grip boys, we have never had a solid bid in all the time he has been at the club, just a lot of talk like all the other bollox.

I suggest you look at some of the goals we have conceded from corners, set pieces and not just the spectacular leaps he pulls off

The whole no smoke without fire thing would be bollocks if he didnt keep getting linked with him and also him publicly paying him compliments when asked in interviews. The rest of the top four wouldnt need Given when they have Van Der Sar, Reina and Cech. Almunia is'nt half the keeper Given is, and I think most people would agree with that. As for only being about shot stopping (at this point Im almost tempted to not bother replying because it seems so daft to question Givens quality) hes very good at claiming crosses and lately he's got a lot better on pens. In fact Ive seen him go the right way most times and save one. His distribution was gash after Harewood maimed him but its got better of late.

Wouldn't be ideal, but if we got £6m or whatever for Given, and then signed Kameni on a Bosman in the summer, who's nearly 10 years younger and already a top keeper, then I'd be looking at it.

Kameni is a top keeper? When did this happen? I mean he's talented, but he's not on Given's level. Pretty prone to mistakes as well.

Wouldn't be ideal, but if we got £6m or whatever for Given, and then signed Kameni on a Bosman in the summer, who's nearly 10 years younger and already a top keeper, then I'd be looking at it.

Kameni is a top keeper? When did this happen? I mean he's talented, but he's not on Given's level. Pretty prone to mistakes as well.

Kameni at 22-23 is a lot better than what Given was at the same age.

Tell Wenger that we will give them Given and £4 million for Diaby.

fuck off. :lol:

Diaby is fucking shit.

And LuaLua's only plays in the centre of midfield...

The lad is quality and one of the best box to box midfielders in the Country for his age group.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Diaby has come on a lot. Couldn't give a really informed opinion of him as I haven't seen enough recently, but he looked quality vs Villa :lol:

The whole no smoke without fire thing would be bollocks if he didnt keep getting linked with him and also him publicly paying him compliments when asked in interviews. The rest of the top four wouldnt need Given when they have Van Der Sar, Reina and Cech. Almunia is'nt half the keeper Given is, and I think most people would agree with that. As for only being about shot stopping (at this point Im almost tempted to not bother replying because it seems so daft to question Givens quality) hes very good at claiming crosses and lately he's got a lot better on pens. In fact Ive seen him go the right way most times and save one. His distribution was gash after Harewood maimed him but its got better of late.

I don't care whether or not Wenger compliments him, let me see a firm offer. I am not saying Given is crap just think a lot of NUFC fans over-rate him highly, he is very dodgy on set pieces and his failure to communicate with his defence is a major liability, there is better out there and I reckon we could do a lot better. For 8 Mil at 32 I would drive him to the Emirates myself.

Guest toonlass

I don't care whether or not Wenger compliments him, let me see a firm offer. I am not saying Given is crap just think a lot of NUFC fans over-rate him highly, he is very dodgy on set pieces and his failure to communicate with his defence is a major liability, there is better out there and I reckon we could do a lot better. For 8 Mil at 32 I would drive him to the Emirates myself.

And realistically replace him with who?

:idiot2: