Would you cash in on Given?

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

no because we will replace him with an inferior keeper and that would stupidity as we are in a delegation battle

Is that the type of battle where you share the anguish of relegation with your colleagues?

Damn hard to type on iPod

Just as in my stance on Owen, I wouldn't sell either.

Plain and simply they are two of our most important players, and I don't believe we'd make substantial money off either of them for it to make a major difference to our squad.

£10m+ for Given, and £9m+ for Owen and I'd consider, but both are unlikely.

Guest Jawesome

I wouldn't sell Given, not only for his abilities on the field, but for his professionalism and his mannerisms of it.  I can't think of a better footballer as a person as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/11842/Wenger_wants_£15_million_Toon_double__.aspx

As much as Given is one of our absolute key players no keeper is worth above 15millions I think! If Wenger is willing to pay something around £18million for the Given & Taylor pair I'd be more than glad to accept that offer. Harper is a decent keeper and can do the job until we'll find another starting keeper(Ben Foster as he seems willing to leave ManU).

Not if we were planning to spunk the thick end of it away on Fatty Kenny. Jaysus H Christ..........

He's not world class.

You reckon?  I think Paddy Kenny is second only to Buffon.

He's a world class shot stopper. But his distribution and commanding of his box aren't. Which are both extremely important elements to be a world class goal keeper IMO.

Not if we were planning to spunk the thick end of it away on Fatty Kenny. Jaysus H Christ..........

He's not world class.

He's a world class shot stopper. But his distribution and commanding of his box aren't. Which are both extremely important elements to be a world class goal keeper IMO.

Given is World Class in the very same way that Michael Owen is, well in my opinion anyway.

He's not world class.

Given is World Class in the very same way that Michael Owen is, well in my opinion anyway.

Owen's not world class though. ;)

He's not world class.

No problems if/when we lose him this summer then. ;)

He's not world class.

Still a canny player mind. ;)

Although he's useless without any service, as has been proven in the last couple of games.

He's not world class.

I'd rather lose him now in Janury and take some cash in exchange! Would also force us to get another(hopefully better/more versatile) striker

If a 1st team player wants to go its pointless to keep him against his will, it's especially suicidal if he's a keeper.

£10m in the winter window would be about right imo since Given's just about to peak.