Xisco joins Deportivo on loan until the end of the season

LoveItIfWeBeatU

The standard of player doesn't really matter. It just turns out that Tmonkey's example is actually a top quality player...

Xisco quite clearly had some decent talent in La Liga, and i believe Jimenez (or whoever it was) when they felt he was worth £6m, given the Jonas and Coloccini signings. The point Tmonkey is making is that a young foreigner can look absolutely doghshit for a s*** manager, and be regarded as a flop, and yet look a much better player under a much better manager.

The standard of player doesn't matter?

Could it be that Xisco is not much cop like his La Liga record shows. I am happy with Jonas, Colo looks decent when Bassong is at his side, you cant win them all. Maybe it is new for you but we have had a few players who just have not cut it here Glyn Hodges lasted 83 days, John Robertson a striker with a far greater record than Xisco lasted 12 games & he played in the SPL when it was decent. I don't think Xisco is going to get 12 games though but thats life, should Wise/TJ be burnt at the stake? Not at all as people rush into things near the end of a transfer window.

I sincerely hope that's even more rubbish from Kinnear.

what a f***ing tool.

Why's that (presume you mean JFK) ?

Some transfers work, some don't. Thats football.

If he wants to get rid of a player 'he' doesn't rate, and I presume this has been ok'd by his boss, to bring someone else in that 'he' does rate then go for it I say.

Anyway, if as reported we've just spunked £6m on the rangers player then we've not sold before we've bought.

Why doesn't he just get on with his transfer business quietly rather than tell the whole world about it? Xisco is still a Newcastle employee, does everyone really need to know that we are desperate to unload him?

I sincerely hope that's even more rubbish from Kinnear.

what a f***ing tool.

Why's that (presume you mean JFK) ?

Some transfers work, some don't. Thats football.

If he wants to get rid of a player 'he' doesn't rate, and I presume this has been ok'd by his boss, to bring someone else in that 'he' does rate then go for it I say.

Anyway, if as reported we've just spunked £6m on the rangers player then we've not sold before we've bought.

Why doesn't he just get on with his transfer business quietly rather than tell the whole world about it? Xisco is still a Newcastle employee, does everyone really need to know that we are desperate to unload him?

Ah, right then - I agree with that on both points, although I suppose you've got to tell a potential buyer 'somehow' that a player is available.

Thought you'd maybe bought into the 'whole' article thats all.

Unless they quite clearly can't play football at all, I think anyone who believes they can suitably judge a player in three appearances (especially under the circumstances) has a rather over-inflated opinion of themselves.

Your usually sharper than most Wullie but out interest were you in a minority demanding Fumaca didnt get a chance?

I think he was covered by the first part of the sentence. Xisco also has pedigree which needs taking into acccount rather than Fumaca's long list of clubs, the biggest of which was Crystal Palace (2 appearances, I know because I thought about him when I wrote it and checked it out).

Unless they quite clearly can't play football at all, I think anyone who believes they can suitably judge a player in three appearances (especially under the circumstances) has a rather over-inflated opinion of themselves.

Your usually sharper than most Wullie but out interest were you in a minority demanding Fumaca didnt get a chance?

I think he was covered by the first part of the sentence. Xisco also has pedigree which needs taking into acccount rather than Fumaca's long list of clubs, the biggest of which was Crystal Palace (2 appearances, I know because I thought about him when I wrote it and checked it out).

I was only messing but I am impressed you dug out is CP record O0

I was only messing but I am impressed you dug out is CP record O0

He played once for Colchester too so maybe we missed out on a real talent. :undecided:

The standard of player doesn't really matter. It just turns out that Tmonkey's example is actually a top quality player...

Xisco quite clearly had some decent talent in La Liga, and i believe Jimenez (or whoever it was) when they felt he was worth £6m, given the Jonas and Coloccini signings. The point Tmonkey is making is that a young foreigner can look absolutely doghshit for a s*** manager, and be regarded as a flop, and yet look a much better player under a much better manager.

Could it be that Xisco is not much cop like his La Liga record shows. I am happy with Jonas, Colo looks decent when Bassong is at his side, you cant win them all. Maybe it is new for you but we have had a few players who just have not cut it here Glyn Hodges lasted 83 days, John Robertson a striker with a far greater record than Xisco lasted 12 games & he played in the SPL when it was decent. I don't think Xisco is going to get 12 games though but thats life, should Wise/TJ be burnt at the stake? Not at all as people rush into things near the end of a transfer window.

Based on what? On his 3 seasons seasons with Depor, he only ever really started in one season and that was 07/08 throughout his other years he was either loaned out or played sparingly as a substitute getting experience. Iirc last season he started 23 games and scored 11 goals and he didn't even finish a full game, now for someone who was 21 at the time playing in one of the toughest leagues in the world that's impressive, compared to 'Big Andy' who has never shown to me an ounce of promise, he is Pele. It's absolutely shocking Carroll plays ahead of him, but then again Joe Kinnear is our manager.

Based on what? On his 3 seasons seasons with Depor, he only ever really started in one season and that was 07/08 throughout his other years he was either loaned out or played sparingly as a substitute getting experience. Iirc last season he started 23 games and scored 11 goals and he didn't even finish a full game, now for someone who was 21 at the time playing in one of the toughest leagues in the world that's impressive, compared to 'Big Andy' who has never shown to me an ounce of promise, he is Pele. It's absolutely shocking Carroll plays ahead of him, but then again Joe Kinnear is our manager.

I think you have added a few cup goals in there :thup:

Guest Heneage

How can you be friends with Wenger yet dislike non-english speakers.

:lol:

The Ron Atkinson defence.

Do you know what I mean? Its like taking Boyz In the Hood to a KKK slumber party. If true its crazy, we have players that speak English and Spanish so explaining it to him won't be hard, we are Premier League team, if you are that fussed make Xisco pay for a translator to come to training.

Guest BooBoo

Regardless of his talents, Xisco has been a disasterous signing, sparking the infamous KK dummy spit (#342) and now seemingly being the key to our strengthening this month.

I think it'll be best for the lad (cos JK will never play him in a month of Sundays) and Newcastle, if he moves on pronto.

Guest Heneage

What an absolute joke some of our so-called "Fans" are. The fact people on here would prefer Carroll shows whats wrong with this club.

Guest Heneage

Aye, it's what has held us back all these years.

Its not the only problem but its one of the many.

Idiots like you wanting to give Carroll a chance when he quite clearly deserves being chucked out on his arse. Only ever finding himself on Sky's website after claims he punched a girl in the Bigg Market. Having 11 games to his name, opposed to the 4 Xisco's had. Andy Carroll was and always will be an average striker, if he was shorter he'd struggle to get in for Blyth, but still people want to give him a chance. Xisco who has actually scored in a top league and not against Blackburn or Boro's reserves is seen as a failure less than 6 months into his time at the club, yes let's just emphasise that less then 6 months!

"Disaster of a signing" you claimed, had he been the one in the papers giving girls in town a smack, acting like a twat to fans and being a general arrogant sod, then yes i'd agree, but to my knowledge he's kept his head down worked hard in training and is still just adjusting to life in a new country with a club that are further from Europe than China, to sell him now would just be sending a signal to all young prospects of "Don't ever join Newcastle, because if you don't perform in your first 3 or 4 games you will be seen as a pure failure."

He got 9 goals in a Deportivo side that can easily be compared to ourselves in the sense of they have slipped over recent years. To pass someone up like that over someone who can't dominate a defender who is a lot smaller, is lunacy.

Carroll to me looks like the usual promising as a youngster/not good enough that we've seen too many times.

Xisco was absolute garbage in the games he played and given that nobody is privy to training I don't get the hysterical calls for his inclusion.

As for his 9 goals in Spain - how many did Sibierski score the other year?

Guest BooBoo

Aye, it's what has held us back all these years.

Its not the only problem but its one of the many.

Idiots like you wanting to give Carroll a chance when he quite clearly deserves being chucked out on his arse. Only ever finding himself on Sky's website after claims he punched a girl in the Bigg Market. Having 11 games to his name, opposed to the 4 Xisco's had. Andy Carroll was and always will be an average striker, if he was shorter he'd struggle to get in for Blyth, but still people want to give him a chance. Xisco who has actually scored in a top league and not against Blackburn or Boro's reserves is seen as a failure less than 6 months into his time at the club, yes let's just emphasise that less then 6 months!

"Disaster of a signing" you claimed, had he been the one in the papers giving girls in town a smack, acting like a twat to fans and being a general arrogant sod, then yes i'd agree, but to my knowledge he's kept his head down worked hard in training and is still just adjusting to life in a new country with a club that are further from Europe than China, to sell him now would just be sending a signal to all young prospects of "Don't ever join Newcastle, because if you don't perform in your first 3 or 4 games you will be seen as a pure failure."

He got 9 goals in a Deportivo side that can easily be compared to ourselves in the sense of they have slipped over recent years. To pass someone up like that over someone who can't dominate a defender who is a lot smaller, is lunacy.

Oh dear.

I actually said in the pre game thread (actually it may have been the FA Cup-Is it important? thread) that Xisco should be given a start.

My point, which you've comically completely missed, is that if the manager isnt going to play him, then it would be best for Xisco's career and Newcastle if he simply moved on. It would suit both parties and everyone could move forward. At the moment we have a declining asset whilst the kid's career is stalling.

Now stick your dummy back in.

Carroll to me looks like the usual promising as a youngster/not good enough that we've seen too many times.

Xisco was absolute garbage in the games he played and given that nobody is privy to training I don't get the hysterical calls for his inclusion.

As for his 9 goals in Spain - how many did Sibierski score the other year?

3 in 26 in the league.

What does Siberski's strike rate have to do with this? I'd still take Sib over Carroll.

Good-hearted but shit players can score a few goals was my point - I don't see what quoting Xisco's goal record has to do with the fact that he looked poor when he played and has been seemingly written off.

This is the same as Luque where tv fans who watch people play in foreign leagues clamour for people to be played for no good reason other than they scored a couple of good goals on YouTube - as I said without being privy to training and working with the player on a daily basis I don't see how you can say he more right to play than anyone else.

Guest BooBoo

What does Siberski's strike rate have to do with this? I'd still take Sib over Carroll.

Good-hearted but shit players can score a few goals was my point - I don't see what quoting Xisco's goal record has to do with the fact that he looked poor when he played and has been seemingly written off.

This is the same as Luque where tv fans who watch people play in foreign leagues clamour for people to be played for no good reason other than they scored a couple of good goals on YouTube - as I said without being privy to training and working with the player on a daily basis I don't see how you can say he more right to play than anyone else.

Sense.

Nixon, take heed.