Xisco joins Deportivo on loan until the end of the season

LoveItIfWeBeatU

You can play for two sides in one season.

If the skysports records are correct, Xisco didn't play for Depor this season so he has only played for us this year.

is it played ?

didn't know if it was played or just registered.

If we sell him It'll annoy me quite a lot.  Man U buy two young foreign players for 16 million and straight up they say one will go back on load and the other will get the rest of the season to bed in and play a couple of games.  We've bought young foreign players (I'm thinking Jose and Xisco) one gets chucked in at the deep end the other never appears, even for the reserves, and is potentially getting flogged to fund a decidedly average manager's spending.

Guest BooBoo

If we sell him It'll annoy me quite a lot.  Man U buy two young foreign players for 16 million and straight up they say one will go back on load and the other will get the rest of the season to bed in and play a couple of games.  We've bought young foreign players (I'm thinking Jose and Xisco) one gets chucked in at the deep end the other never appears, even for the reserves, and is potentially getting flogged to fund a decidedly average manager's spending.

May that be the first and last time we are compared to Man Utd.

Guest deporik

I'm not sure why but I must have hit reply before finishing my last post. What I meant to add was that Xisco is obviously not completely settled in yet anyway as when he was asked if he liked "Newcastle Brown Ale", he laughed and said he didn't even know what that was  ???

You guys should have that on the table when a new player is presented

May that be the first and last time we are compared to Man Utd.

unless its before a cup final

Guest johnson293

From NUFC.com...

Stuck with Xisco

The situation regarding Magpies striker Xisco is no nearer resolution, amid confirmation that the early season appearances he made for Deportivo La Coruna before moving to SJP in August now prevent him from moving on elsewhere in the current transfer window.

Under FIFA rules, players can be registered for three clubs in one season, but only appear competitively for two.

On the basis that he's at least injury-free and has been named on the first team bench recently, Xisco's failure to play in a single Newcastle reserve game this season is nothing short of baffling.

His injury-affected Toon career to date consists of three starts and two sub outings - the last of which came in the closing stages of the home victory over West Brom back in October 2008.

Guest deporik

That would really suck if that's correct. Especially as he only made 2 substitute appearance for Depor against Hajduk Split and Bnei Sakhnin in the Uefa qualifying round.

I just hope he gets a chance in the reserves at least and you finally get to see what the kid can do.

I've said it several times now but I want to know what he is not showing in training. Saying that I don't think training is the be all and end all and it's just ridiculous how he's not even been given a chance at reserve level. What is he doing wrong?

Surely now Kinnear has to come out and say why if he continues to leave him out? If he was going to get shut this month then he could have avoided this issue but not if he stays all year without getting a look in.

Does anyone honestly believe Lee Ryder or believe Xisco (who comes across very tenacious and humble) doesn't want to play in the reserves?

come on

My gut feeling is that Kinnear's public ridicule of Xisco from almost day one has probably put the lad's nose out of joint a little bit. It's not easy coming to a new country and the quality managers are good at handling the players and making them feel part of the squad. JK seemed more put out that Xisco is Johnny Foreigner who doesn't understand the lingo. Gor blimey Guv!

Guest deporik
It's believed that Xisco wants his chance under Kinnear but isn't prepared to play in the reserves to prove it after playing for Deportivo La Coruna's first team.

Believed by who????

This is the same Xisco that didn't mind playing for Fabril (Depor's reserve side*) after he'd broken into the first squad and scored goals in the top flight??

The same Xisco that went out to a small club in Segunda B who were bottom of the league for most of the season (the equivalent to League 1 in England) because he knew he wouldn't get a regular place at Depor.

Only last week, he was asked about his move to Newcastle:

Q: You got off to a great start when you scored against Hull, but things haven’t gone so well since then. What has been the hardest part of the move to Newcastle?

A: We never live easy phases, some are just better than others, but well, we must keep working until we have a good chance.

There was no feeling sorry for himself that he went to a club where the politics overshadowed the football at the time of his move, no excuses of being injured, no moaning about lack of chances. 

Xisco is no primadona; he played for Depor, not Barca or Real and he's pretty down to earth and not the sort to refuse to play in the reserves. Besides, don't players get fined for refusing such requests??? Does anyone seriously believe that a story of a new, young Newcastle signing, refusing to play for the reserves wouldn't be jumped on by the media vultures hovering over St James Park. They would have jumped at the chance to highlight more "turmoil" at Newcastle.

*Fabril is Depor's reserve side but in Spain, all players in a reserve side must be under 23.

I could understand Xisco not getting a game ahead of Owen, Martins, Viduka, and the relatively more experienced Ameobi.

I cannot for the life of me understand why he won't get a game ahead of Carroll, or at least come on as a sub for him in a 0-0 FA Cup tie??

It's quite clear he has been singled out, and I'm personally not very happy about it.

I'm going to take a banner to the next game.  IT's ridculous that they've used 5.7M or whatever of our money and not played him.  If Carroll starts against West Ham and Xisco is fit I'll be fuming, he looked like a decent player in Spain, not a world beater but better than Andy "Despite my height Shaun Wright Phillips can beat me in the air" Carroll

Just came across this thread which I thought was worth posting while looking for another but it looks like it's been deleted. :angry: 

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,29402.0.html

Aye that was after two games as well, that thread. Couldn't believe what I was hearing.

EDIT: I'd completely forgotten about .com's description of Martins after his first game as well. :jesuswept:

Getting quite pissed off about this entire situation myself tbh.

Credit to Xisco for keeping his mouth shut. Shola who's had more undeserved opportunities than any player I can think would be blowing the trumpet pretty loudly by now if he was in the same situtation.

Just came across this thread which I thought was worth posting while looking for another but it looks like it's been deleted. :angry: 

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,29402.0.html

Aye that was after two games as well, that thread. Couldn't believe what I was hearing.

EDIT: I'd completely forgotten about .com's description of Martins after his first game as well. :jesuswept:

jokers  :rolleyes:

The fact we'll give that fucking dickhead Ameobi, who's been a total failure for years, a 3 year contract extention, but refuse to even give Xisco a chance just highlights how much of a fucking joke this club is. 

Newcastle United Clown College.

Guest toonlass

I really wonder what the hell Xisco has done to put Joe's nose out of joint. The lad can't even make it onto the field for a short spell, never mind get in the starting line up.