Xisco joins Deportivo on loan until the end of the season

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest toonlass

This mercenary needs to step up & be counted

It's hardly fair calling him a mercenary. I'm pretty sure that he would prefer to be playing than just sitting on his arse.

Didn't he admit to stopping playing when he wanted a move before going on loan? He's obviously not good enough or had a terrible attitude since countless managers have been unwilling to play him. Hopefully he'll be gone soon.

Wasn't that after Joe Kinnear had completely ignored him for a season tho? I think the lad hasn't been given any chances at all, and probably would prefer to be elsewhere.

We might as well raffle his place on the subs bench off to the fans, tenner a ticket. At least we'll make some cash that way, it's obvious that first Hughton and now Pardew have absolutely no intention of giving him pitch time.

We might as well raffle his place on the subs bench off to the fans, tenner a ticket. At least we'll make some cash that way, it's obvious that first Hughton and now Pardew have absolutely no intention of giving him pitch time.

Wasn't there some old story about the deal we got for him, in that if he plays a certain amount of games we have to pay more money? wouldn't surprise me if that was the reason keeping him from the 1st team.  Orders from Fat Mike.

Guest toonlass

We might as well raffle his place on the subs bench off to the fans, tenner a ticket. At least we'll make some cash that way, it's obvious that first Keegan, then JFK, then Hughton, then Shearer, then Hughton again and now Pardew have absolutely no intention of giving him pitch time.

FYP

This 'appearances' thing doesn't make sense to me. I thought those sort of clauses were for 25, 50, 75, 100 games etc? He's made about 12(?) competitive appearances in a Newcastle shirt, why the fuck would we have to pay money that isn't a pittance then?

If it's "fee per game" then I've no idea why he's made 89th minute appearances in the past, surely we'd have used someone cheaper. Ah well.

This 'appearances' thing doesn't make sense to me. I thought those sort of clauses were for 25, 50, 75, 100 games etc? He's made about 12(?) competitive appearances in a Newcastle shirt, why the fuck would we have to pay money that isn't a pittance then?

If it's "fee per game" then I've no idea why he's made 89th minute appearances in the past, surely we'd have used someone cheaper. Ah well.

I'm just throwing out possible reasons out there, don't know the Xisco deal though so it's really hard to understand the logic. I don't think Xisco's been that bad when he's played for us, just looked like he clearly needs some games to adapt and pick up form.  To be honest a season of regular football in the Championship with us last season would have done him wonders.

Could be. Strange that we've kept him all this time for no reason though.  Why not let him leave for peanuts to a Spanish side if he's just here soaking up wages until his contract runs out.  Then again knowing us, he's probably on about £50k a week.

:lol:

Could be. Strange that we've kept him all this time for no reason though.  Why not let him leave for peanuts to a Spanish side if he's just here soaking up wages until his contract runs out.  Then again knowing us, he's probably on about £50k a week.

:lol:

Dont think anyone is interested and like you pointed out he will have to take a big cut in wages wherever he ends up.

Its his time to step up, he hasnt shown any interest in the past though. As other people mentioned either his attitude stinks or he simply isnt good enough. I would pick the latter considering we have been in situations where attitude could be accepted to get results.

Granted he hasnt been given an extended run in the starting line up, but he also hasnt been picked by the past 4/5 managers when fit.

Stuck with him til his contract runs out imo.

The club will be trying to get shot if they can. No one on the coaching staff has rated him from the moment he joined. But just supposing you were Pardew and knew that no club was going to come in for him. If you wanted to have a look you would not take a risk in a League game where vital points are at stake, much more likely you would let him have a run out against Stevenage in the Cup.

I just can't see why every manager has ignored him unless he just isn't good enough or has a Mega shit attitude.

The appearance thing will be bollocks too, Pilko said he played 12 games was it? I can't really see us agreeing a 13 game clause. The clause thing was mentioned ages ago, then he played a few more games.

I think some need to be open to the idea it might be Xisco's fault.