Xisco joins Deportivo on loan until the end of the season

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest Phil K
Fair play to him and great attitude, hopefully he'll be given a chance next season

I only wish most of our first team squad had HALF his attitude....

Yorkmag says:

March 16, 2009 at 4:48 pm

As an openly gay Newcastle fan myself, I welcome this. I do hope he is better in bed than at football though .

Am

Yorkie?

Nah Yorkies not gay at all like.

The night of March 15th meant nothing to you then, Kris... :rolleyes:

http://www.offthepost.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/xisco-gay-2.jpg

Can we please nickname him San Fran, in the same way Habib Baye is known in the dressing room as Whitley?

Guest Phil K

One thing with Xisco, he has never whinged or moaned. He want's to get into the team and he wants to play and is prepared to play in the reserve to try and better himself. I haven't seen enough of him to judge him as a footballer but think his attitude sounds good.

His attitude is far far FAR better than 95% of the others.

And did we need that gay photo ? YUK.

I think he is gone in the summer, surely the main reason he came over from Spain would be because he is being paid more.  If that's the case I think they would offload him. 

• 1 year later...

He's in a better place now.

Knowing Xisco though that place would probably involve poppers and body glitter.

I normally hate the gay jokes, so boring, but that one put a smile on my face for some reason :lol:

Something doesn't really fit to this Ashley's wage ceiling thing! Why is he keeping such players as Xisco(won't be given a chance in our lifetime), Smith and R Taylor on the wagebill which is already big enough and they aren't even considered as first-team players? It's like 130K a week just blown in the wind and at championship level most of the teams don't even reach that figure as total wage budget

coz no one wants to buy them and take over their wages

This is the major reason for players like Smith certainly I reckon.

I can't imagine Ryan Taylor being on much to be honest and he's useful backup. Smith just serves no purpose... especially considering his ridiculous estimated wages.

I can't imagine Ryan Taylor being on much to be honest and he's useful backup. Smith just serves no purpose... especially considering his ridiculous estimated wages.

It's hockey where the contract is bought but in football the player is bought and then he will be offered a new contract with other terms! We could just let them for for free but you're right about one thing(reminds me of one Aston Villa player from a few years back) when he's just happy to raise his huge wage week in week out and isn't really bothered is he playing or not! I guess Smith and Xisco won't be leaving even for free as they won't get contracts on similars terms anywhere else even if they were just let go...well it's all down to Shepherd's era when he tried to buy fans with these so called star players!

I guess Smith and Xisco won't be leaving even for free as they won't get contracts on similars terms anywhere else even if they were just let go...well it's all down to Shepherd's era when he tried to buy fans with these so called star players!

You might want to check when we actually signed Smith and Xisco.

It's hockey where the contract is bought but in football the player is bought and then he will be offered a new contract with other terms! We could just let them for for free but you're right about one thing(reminds me of one Aston Villa player from a few years back) when he's just happy to raise his huge wage week in week out and isn't really bothered is he playing or not! I guess Smith and Xisco won't be leaving even for free as they won't get contracts on similars terms anywhere else even if they were just let go...well it's all down to Shepherd's era when he tried to buy fans with these so called star players!

Well that's the thing, isn't it. It's not really their fault they got offered so much money but my life is so far detached from what they've got I can't imagine the greed of someone not willing to take a dip of 20k or so in weekly wages in order to get regular football, when you compare it relatively to what they'll still be earning. I don't know, I just can't imagine being of that mindset but of course I don't live that life so I'll never be able to truly comment on what I would or wouldn't do.

MichaelNUFC - I reckon R.Taylor is alright for backup, he can cross fairly well, has an alright shot and can take a set piece. I'd rather have him cover the right wing since he's familiar with that position for a game or two rather than someone like Guthrie that cuts in and weakens the overall width of our play. R.Taylor isn't the best at defending.. but that's why he's backup I guess.

I guess Smith and Xisco won't be leaving even for free as they won't get contracts on similars terms anywhere else even if they were just let go...well it's all down to Shepherd's era when he tried to buy fans with these so called star players!

You might want to check when we actually signed Smith and Xisco.

I think he's on about Shepherds' era in general. It started the trend and our wage bill was massively over inflated due to agents' knowledge of how much we were willing to pay for generally very average players that couldn't care less about playing for the club.