The big N.O U-turn

Guest Howaythetoon

There's nothing whatsoever to suggest Kinnear won't be here next year. Unless we go down of course.

as far as i'm aware his contract only runs to the end of the season? so as it stands he's leaving, no?

I think his position will be made permanent if we stay up.

There's nothing whatsoever to suggest Kinnear won't be here next year. Unless we go down of course.

There's nothing to suggest he will either tbf.

Apart from Kinnear saying Ashley loves him and Ashley saying he loves Kinnear, no.

Funny that every comment Kinnear comes out with you call him a liar, yet you believe him over this.

Its all loved up now but wait until Feb 1st see how much JK loves him then.

i have to say i'm  more concerned about who our manager's gonna be next season than who we do or dont sign in january

surely our league status defines which level of manager we will be able to attract

i still believe we'd be able to attract a higher level of manager than joe kinnear, if i didnt believe that i'd just give up

There's nothing to suggest he will either tbf.

Apart from Kinnear saying Ashley loves him and Ashley saying he loves Kinnear, no.

Funny that every comment Kinnear comes out with you call him a liar, yet you believe him over this.

I hope they are both lying.

Guest black n white

so your saying kinnear will get a new contract unless we go down, god i hope not

did you mean will instead of wont

It would be a brave man to accept the call from Ashley to ask him to replace Joe Kinnear. Not sure if there is a manager out there would would be preapred to take the role on

if kinnear's here next season it means either

1) Ashley thinks its for the best

or

2) Ashley will not make conditions sufficient for a manager of quality to agree to the job

either way if jfk's here then ashley's a fool

I think I would be really angry about Ashley not spending if he wa preventing anyone else from doing it. The club's been on the market but no one can afford it, which suggests that there aren't many other people who are rich enough to do different. Or don't want it badly enough.

What's the point in moaning about a problem if there isn't a solution?

Guest Howaythetoon

Will come either way on Feb 2nd.

What a dick you are.

Truth hurts eh!

If the squad isn't strengthened sufficiently by Feb 2nd then there can be no more excuses or defence of Ashley and co, from anyone.

And it is sadly looking that way even early doors.

Of course I'll hold my hands up should we strengthen the squad sufficiently enough and bring a cockney mafia in banner to the game.

If we sign what we need without flogging our best players to finance it I'll give credit where it's due. No problem with that; after all it's what I hope happens.

I'm sure if fuck all happens then the excuses will be flying in thick and fast.

Spot on Dave.

Guest Howaythetoon

It says a lot that there will be mass celebrations if we buy a few players when in normal conditions it would be akin to applauding Owen for simply putting on his boots.

It says a lot that there will be mass celebrations if we buy a few players when in normal conditions it would be akin to applauding Owen for simply putting on his boots.

aye, 30 mil + this window would be required to get back to Par,...theres no fucking chance of that.

aye, 30 mil + this window would be required to get back to Par,...theres no fucking chance of that.

If we keep the players we've got, it's just a matter of improving in certain areas and that'd not cost £30m+ if we shopped around well.

Am I the only one who thinks our first 11 (when on form) actually looks pretty decent as it is? I.e. Given - Beye - Coloccini - Bassong - Enrique - N'Zogbia - Barton - Guthrie - Gutierrez - Owen - Martins. In that case it's more about providing decent competition and cover than strengthening areas where we're extremely weak or prone to injury and suspension.

Guest The Libertine

do you trust kinnear to spend £30 million in this window?

Guest Howaythetoon

aye, 30 mil + this window would be required to get back to Par,...theres no f***ing chance of that.

If we keep the players we've got, it's just a matter of improving in certain areas and that'd not cost £30m+ if we shopped around well.

Am I the only one who thinks our first 11 (when on form) actually looks pretty decent as it is? I.e. Given - Beye - Coloccini - Bassong - Enrique - N'Zogbia - Barton - Guthrie - Gutierrez - Owen - Martins. In that case it's more about providing decent competition and cover than strengthening areas where we're extremely weak or prone to injury and suspension.

Individually it looks decent enough I suppose but together that to me looks like an unbalanced side and that's before we get into tactics and the quality of coaching behind the scenes and of course the mindset of the players, a good number want out.

Guest Howaythetoon

aye, 30 mil + this window would be required to get back to Par,...theres no f***ing chance of that.

do you trust kinnear to spend £30 million in this window?

I trust him to spend it better than Wise & Co not necessarily on better players but in the right areas and really, if they don't trust him they should remove him now and appoint someone they do. If it is they who are signing the players then I don't trust them to strengthen the areas that need strengthened much less turn down bids for our better players which Kinnear will be fighting tooth and nail to keep.

Individually it looks decent enough I suppose but together that to me looks like an unbalanced side and that's before we get into tactics and the quality of coaching behind the scenes and of course the mindset of the players, a good number want out.

It's not a bad side, but that's just on paper. In truth there are massive problems with players wanting out, imbalance, confidence issues, injury/fitness/suspension problems, lacking management etc.

My point being that if a miracle happened and the above issues could be addressed, we'd not have bad side at all and it'd not need major, major spending to improve it.