Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

Some people on this forum should be ashamed of themselves.

A great servant for the club and I'll 100% wish him the best at City. Incredibly loyal, really could have left us anytime in the last four or five years and we'd have no complaints whatsoever. He could have come out and the said "the club is a joke and I want to leave" and I'd still have utmost respect for him. Absolute legend for us and really doesn't surprise me that some of our fans are giving him grief as our fans are as bad as our board and management.

Stupid.

incredibly loyal.........apart from that other time when he did put in a transfer request.

i don't like it when anyone fucks the fans off by playing these games to get a move.

A great servant for the club and I'll 100% wish him the best at City. Incredibly loyal, really could have left us anytime in the last four or five years and we'd have no complaints whatsoever. He could have come out and the said "the club is a joke and I want to leave" and I'd still have utmost respect for him. Absolute legend for us and really doesn't surprise me that some of our fans are giving him grief as our fans are as bad as our board and management.

Stupid.

Bollocks. The lad got paid an awful lot of money to play for our club. If he had left in the summer then people would have accepted that. To ask for a transfer in mid-season and not have the bottle to stick around to help us stay up is just crap. Delude yourself all you want, but Shay has gone down in my estimations.

Yeah would have been a great idea to leave the club just as Keegan's come in and potentially turned things around for the better. How was he to know Kev would quit and mid-season we'd be managed by Joe fucking Kinnear?!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1104006/Given-needs-Toon-turmoil-driving-Shay-claims-lawyers-bombshell-statement.html?ITO=1490

Given needs to go: Toon turmoil is driving Shay out, claims lawyer's bombshell statement

By Chris Wheeler

Last updated at 11:42 PM on 01st January 2009

Newcastle were rocked on Thursday night as Shay Given’s future was thrown into doubt after 459 appearances for the club.

Given’s lawyer, Michael Kennedy, took the unusual step of releasing a statement that will surely bring to an end the goalkeeper’s loyal 11-year stay at St James’ Park under nine managers.

Kennedy said: ‘Shay is very despondent following the very poor performance of the team against Liverpool last weekend.

‘It was the lowest point of his football career and a performance that he would not wish to be repeated.

‘When he signed a new five-year contract in 2006 it was on the basis that the club would challenge for major honours, but on the present evidence all that he can see ahead with the turmoil on and off the pitch is a battle for survival.

'Having served the club loyally for over 11 years, Shay feels compelled to consider his position in the light of the interest being expressed in him by Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham.’

Kennedy, who also represents Roy Keane, is notoriously reluctant to speak publicly, so this is a sign of Given’s unhappiness with Newcastle’s season and of their prospects.

No bid for Given has been officially confirmed but Newcastle and the player face a decision as to whether Given appears in the FA Cup third round at Hull City on Saturday.

How many other players ask their lawyers to say shite like that? If he doesn't want to be here then fuck him.

This came out hours after the transfer window opened. :hmm:

I think it's a bit sad the abuse Given is getting tbh.

Sure, he could have done things in a different way that would make it easier for us to stomach, but the guy has been an absolute legend for us over the years.

If you have a good marriage for 11 years, then you catch her blowing Gordon from down the road, i think you every right to throw abuse at her.

She isn't blowing Gordon down the road though, she is getting fingered by the Managing Director she met on an internet forum. Ok he isn't the greatest bloke in the world but his prospects are still better than yours and to be fair you have been knocking her about for the last few years.

http://picsrv.mcfc.co.uk/?fif=/mcfc/img_502_12912_478.jpg&obj=iip,1.0&wid=150&hei=150&rgn=0,0,0,0&cvt=jpeg

Ugh.

Hope he injures himself picking up his increased pay the mercenary c***.

Given = Judas c***.

OMG he join Sunderland?!  Or has he joined a team on the up with ambition?  Never going to win anything at Newcastle good luck to him.

You end up embarrassing yourself with literally every post you make.  Don't reply to me.  I know you 'don't care'.

Who the fuk are you to quote me and tell me that? I haven't got the foggiest of anything you've ever said until you pulled me up a couple a days ago. You in love or something?

Fuk off you bender.  :thup:

Sure, he could have done things in a different way that would make it easier for us to stomach, but the guy has been an absolute legend for us over the years.

If you have a good marriage for 11 years, then you catch her blowing Gordon from down the road, i think you every right to throw abuse at her.

She isn't blowing Gordon down the road though, she is getting fingered by the Managing Director she met on an internet forum. Ok he isn't the greatest bloke in the world but his prospects are still better than yours.

No, she's getting fingered by Michael Carroll the chav lottery winner, and no doubt his druggaddled loser mates "Spikey" and "Gonzo" will be allowed a ride aswell. Slag.

Guest toonlass

Stupid.

Bollocks. The lad got paid an awful lot of money to play for our club. If he had left in the summer then people would have accepted that. To ask for a transfer in mid-season and not have the bottle to stick around to help us stay up is just crap. Delude yourself all you want, but Shay has gone down in my estimations.

Yeah would have been a great idea to leave the club just as Keegan's come in and potentially turned things around for the better. How was he to know Kev would quit and mid-season we'd be managed by Joe fucking Kinnear?!

I meant staying until this summer man. He could have hung in there until we were safe and left with a testimonial and no-one would have complained. But to get his lawyer/agent to make statements on his behalf commenting on how unsettled he is was just crap. He could have done it without going through the press.

She isn't blowing Gordon down the road though, she is getting fingered by the Managing Director she met on an internet forum. Ok he isn't the greatest bloke in the world but his prospects are still better than yours.

No, she's getting fingered by Michael Carroll the chav lottery winner, and no doubt his druggaddled loser mates "Spikey" and "Gonzo" will be allowed a ride aswell. Slag.

:lol: Game, set, match. Well played :thup:

Stupid.

Yeah would have been a great idea to leave the club just as Keegan's come in and potentially turned things around for the better. How was he to know Kev would quit and mid-season we'd be managed by Joe f***ing Kinnear?!

I meant staying until this summer man. He could have hung in there until we were safe and left with a testimonial and no-one would have complained. But to get his lawyer/agent to make statements on his behalf commenting on how unsettled he is was just crap. He could have done it without going through the press.

Totally agree. should have waited until the summer. What are Man city going to win this season anyway?

:lol: Game, set, match. Well played :thup:

love this place for exactly that sort of banter

He's a Man City player now. Fuck him. I hope he never wins anything, ever.

Don't particularly blame him for wanting to go. Don't very much like the way he went about it. It doesn't matter either way. At the end of the day, they have money and we don't and that's the reality that counts. Sad to say, in a season or two he'll probably be warming the bench or sold to another club in the mid-table pack after some bigger name becomes the next sky-blue plaything.

Guest toonlass

what the f*** is lots :lol:

Lots of Money

Yes but it's incredibly vague and unhelpful. :lol:

Wey man its quite obvious, lots is more than none.