Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

Given has in fact failed his medical due to a knee injury, he actually had it twice this afternoon - from what i have heard Man City have turned there attention to Robert Green or a reduced amount of £3m for Given, my friend works at the Sports Technical Injury Centre in Manchester, the deal looks unlikely to happen now, but I believe it did involve a player from City.

Given has in fact failed his medical due to a knee injury, he actually had it twice this afternoon - from what i have heard Man City have turned there attention to Robert Green or a reduced amount of £3m for Given, my friend works at the Sports Technical Injury Centre in Manchester, the deal looks unlikely to happen now, but I believe it did involve a player from City.

Funny if the c*** got stuck here like. (But bad news for the recruitment side of things)  :kinnear:

Funny if the c*** got stuck here like.

Poor Harper

Yeah, brilliant. Man City have confirmed it is completed.

Yeah, brilliant. Man City have confirmed it is completed.

Yep, just saw it.  http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pageid=115&pagegid={DBD12D53-8346-431D-A04F-5D0F8664DE80}&newsid=6626298&siteid=&pageno=&newscategory=&frommonth=12&fromyear=2008&tomonth=2&toyear=2009

Manchester City FC are delighted to announce the signing of Shay Given from Newcastle United for an undisclosed fee.

The 32-year-old goalkeeper has put pen to paper on a four-and-a-half year contract, and he moves back to the north-west where he started his Premier League career with Blackburn Rovers in 1994.

Unable to dislodge Tim Flowers at Ewood Park, Shay impressed in loan spells at Swindon Town and Sunderland before Kenny Dalglish, who had brought him to Rovers from Celtic, signed him for the Magpies.

Shay made over 450 appearances, including 354 Premier League starts, during a distinguished Newcastle career and he has amassed 91 caps for the Republic of Ireland to become the most capped Irish international goalkeeper.

That makes it four signings during the January transfer window for City, with Shay following in the footsteps of Wayne Bridge, Craig Bellamy and Nigel de Jong.

We will have reaction from Mark Hughes and Shay Given later on today.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pageid=115&pagegid={DBD12D53-8346-431D-A04F-5D0F8664DE80}&newsid=6626298&siteid=&pageno=&newscategory=&frommonth=12&fromyear=2008&tomonth=2&toyear=2009

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:laugh:

The most superbly non-ITK post ever.

:lol:

:lol: :tool:

Guest BigTrev

you couldnt make up oh hold on lol

Are you a lovechild of Martin Jol and Parky?

May as well quote it as well.

Bye Shay.