Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

Read the paragraph, it says to possibly discuss a reduced amount, why do you think it has taken four days to agree a fee because Newcastle wanted a player, we have got no-one, what interest is it for Newcastle to sell less than 24hours before the window shuts as the same as Charlie because there was excahnges involved.

I am telling you Man City have got him on the cheap

Keep digging Thomo son.

Sad day for the club, undoubtedly.

Selling a player who didn't want to be here?

Nah.

Urgh, ok. A sad situation then, that better?

I'm annoyed he's chosen to walk out on us.

But if he doesn't want to be here then he can fucking suck eggs. Hope we spend the cash WISEly. ;) 

All systems go Dennis, work your magic sunshine.

Aye! Get those bodies in!

I hope I wrong but can anyone else really see anyone other than Ryan Taylor signing?? Screwed again by Dennis the Fuckwit wise, still got Geremi, lost Shay and Insomnia. No money spent and no players

So far thats Milner 12mil, Shay 5-6m? and Zog 6m? Nolan 4m and Talyor 2m, what happened to the other 12 mil and the money we where promised this window??? We have been royally shafted again :(

Very selective that like.

Nah.

But if he doesn't want to be here then he can fucking suck eggs. Hope we spend the cash WISEly. ;) 

I'm sad that one of my personal heroes has decided he's had enough of this shit club. That's what i was getting at. :thup:

I'm quite pleased to sell him actually. He's a good keeper but this was the only chance we were going to get good money for him and I like Krul and this means he will stay. Worked out well for everyone.

Guest BigTrev

well at least we know if we aim for the 4 corners of the goal we will score everytime

There is a flaw in your plan. We have to have players capable of that kind of accuracy.. and even the ability to shoot at goal

damn i knew there was something worng with it oh well we will have to hope one of martins efforts hits the target or ryan taylor does his normal trick

Am I the only person who doesn't rate Given as highly as others? I'd rather have a goalkeeper that could organise a defence or at least a wall on a freekick. Fantastic shotstopper though but it's not like he ever kept us in games, if he played well, we usually lost.

No you're not the only person.

Not at all.

Nor will it wash that he's left for a bigger club, Arsenal or Man Utd could be considered that but even with the Arab's billions Man City will never be bigger than Newcastle. It's money and nothing else.

Thanks Shay - good luck.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Obviously it's a shame because he's been at the club since the 60's and loyalty is a rarity, especially considering how bad we've been at various points during his NUFC career. But it's a million percent not the end of the world cos in goal is the one position that we're relatively well stocked with Harper and the kids. Lets not forget that Tim Krul has got a 100% clean sheet record for the first team   :lol:

In an ideal world I hope we've received around 8 million, get rid of that sulky little French twat to his 'big' club(!), and invest the money in another central midfielder and possibly an attacking midfielder. I'd love a cheeky bid for someone like Arteta because Everton are completely and utterly skint beyond belief and are in a bit of trouble if rumours are to be believed.

I'm quite pleased to sell him actually. He's a good keeper but this was the only chance we were going to get good money for him and I like Krul and this means he will stay. Worked out well for everyone.

Exactly, as long as we did get good money.

its hit home now.

gutted.

This. Im fucking gutted.

:weep:

None of this "Hes walking out on us" bollox, he was a great, great player for us down the years and was a focal point in our successful teams. A legend is what he'll always be remembered by me.

He's the type of player you'd tell your children and grand children about...

Not bothered in the slightest about Given going.

I'm not either but we'll not know until tomorrow if we're to benefit from his sale or not.  If we bring in some quality for midfield them I'll be more than happy.

from nicko:

Given has finally 'passed' his medical...although certain long-standing injuries may make the fee come with a 'pay as you play' clause or two...which seems to have been an issue since Friday when he was cleared to go to Man City.

Now Newcastle have the money to buy a striker...both they and Sunderland will go in for Darren Bent...Sbragia tried not to laugh when he said he had 'not done that one at present' earlier.

Guest The Libertine

Fishman - not a personal go at you mate, but your mate is feeding you rubbish. Iam like you probably sick of the way our club is going and can not be bothered with people making up crap - Not a go at you mate - Your mate

:aww:

Nah.

I'm sad that one of my personal heroes has decided he's had enough of this shit club. That's what i was getting at. :thup:

Then that's up to you my friend.  :thup:

Personally, I couldn't give a shit about him (or anyone else who doesn't want to play for Newcastle United for that matter). He doesn't want to see it through, then fuck him.