Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

I think the way he's buggered off when we need him the most will prevent him (in my mind, anyway) from joining the real Newcastle legends such as Shearer, Rob Lee and Gary Speed.

Very mixed feelings about Shay now, always thought he was one of our all-time best but the way he has left us in our hour of need has taken the shine off for me.

Wouldn't have had a problem with him going in the summer after keeping us up, but I guess he thought this was his last chance for a big move.

From the financial point of view it's good business, providing we don't go down because we let him go. In Harps we trust.

Very mixed feelings about Shay now, always thought he was one of our all-time best but the way he has left us in our hour of need has taken the shine off for me.

Wouldn't have had a problem with him going in the summer after keeping us up, but I guess he thought this was his last chance for a big move.

From the financial point of view it's good business, providing we don't go down because we let him go. In Harps we trust.

Would have been nice to get a statement from him but never mind, we needed the cash and would rather have players here who want to be here.

I think the way he's buggered off when we need him the most will prevent him (in my mind, anyway) from joining the real Newcastle legends such as Shearer, Rob Lee and Gary Speed.

Pav still beats the pants off him

Pav was a clown.

Pav was a clown.

Pavs a legend

Pav was a clown.

Pavs a legend

Is he shite, he was a joke.

I don't think that we would've been ripped on this deal tbh.

We'll either have a deal done for one of their boys in the summer or there'll be loads of add ons for champions league qualification etc etc.

If our recent selling record is anything to go by you're right, we've got a good record of getting value out of outgoing players.