Who Was The Last Youth Player ?

Skirge

Can anyone name any Geordie players who have made the first team at other clubs in the last 10 years who have had nothing to do with us?

Dimitar Berbatov :pow:

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00375/Berbatov_375683a.jpg

Guest johnson293

I mean, how the f*** Shearer slipped through the net I'll never f***ing know.

The story goes that on his trials at Newcastle, we played him in goal, didn't we??

Hence he went to Southampton, and the rest is history!

The story goes that on his trials at Newcastle, we played him in goal, didn't we??

Hence he went to Southampton, and the rest is history!

He played in every position I believe. Not just as a keeper.

michael bridges in his first year at leeds looked like the natural heir to teddy sheringham, scoring 19 league goals and being a proper creative force. pity it ballsed up for him fitness wise.

martin taylor would be another at places like blackburn and birmingham, he's from ashington

Fun Fact: My old GSCE PE teacher was Martin Taylor's best man at his wedding.

My mate is his cousin. So kiss my face.

Guest north shields lad

In the last 20 years i think a geordie born team would do better than most other places round britain

gazza, beardsly, carrick, shearer, waddle, would be our main starts backed up by others. I suppose London could put a good team together but thats huge.

Maybe a scouse team would have Rooney, fowler, gerrard, mcmanaman, carragher, michael ball, dave watson.

Think ours does it on class and skill.

Alan Thompson, Steve Stone.

Thomma came through the Newcastle ranks & Stone was around pre-10 years

stone was a premiership footballer as recently as 4 years ago

I thought what Skirge meant was players who had come through in the last 10 years.

richard offiong (hamilton)

calvin zola makongo (crewe)

There are quite a few x-juniors bobing about.

Could do with Dickie Offiong tapping up James McCarthy from the Accie's for us.

Calvin was brilliant & at one point was Paul Scholes favorite player. I cant remember the full details but people at SJP lost faith in him after some test to validate his age made him older than what he was saying & registered for.

Genuis :lol:

And people wonder why our academy is so crap.

Yep, genius. Of course if you look at what actually happened, it's a half truth at best. Still, why let that get in the way of a good story.

Genuis :lol:

And people wonder why our academy is so crap.

Yep, genius. Of course if you look at what actually happened, it's a half truth at best. Still, why let that get in the way of a good story.

Its one of those stories that no matter how often it gets told properly people always only seem to remember the "Shearer got out in goal omg wtf!!!111oneoneone" :lol:

Funny thing I find about young players is the sheer lack of quality North of the M62. After Shearer I can't think of one world class player to have come through at any club who was born North of the M62. Only player I can think of that it would apply to is Woodgate if he had of been fit during his career.

Previous to the last 15 years, I don't think I'm wrong to use world class to describe, Dalglish, Souness, Bryan Robson, Waddle, Beardsley, Gazza and Shearer

During this time there's been a good few players who have come through in the North West area who you could class as world class such as Rooney, Gerrard, Scholes and Owen (when he first came on the scene!).

Hopefully it's all cyclical and we'll have some good youngsters come through soon!

Funny thing I find about young players is the sheer lack of quality North of the M62. After Shearer I can't think of one world class player to have come through at any club who was born North of the M62. Only player I can think of that it would apply to is Woodgate if he had of been fit during his career.

Previous to the last 15 years, I don't think I'm wrong to use world class to describe, Dalglish, Souness, Bryan Robson, Waddle, Beardsley, Gazza and Shearer

During this time there's been a good few players who have come through in the North West area who you could class as world class such as Rooney, Gerrard, Scholes and Owen (when he first came on the scene!).

Hopefully it's all cyclical and we'll have some good youngsters come through soon!

Maybe not world class but Michael Carrick isn't a bad player, regular for the best team in Europe but there certainly isn't many.