Pre Match - Newcastle United vs Hull - Wed 14th Jan - 19.45pm

Guest toonlass

Quite looking forward to going up tbh. I thought seeing as there's probably going to be no atmosphere anywhere in the ground, i might aswell go for the best footballing view. Got tickets bang in the middle of the East Stand, half-way up. Never been around there before, should be a class view of the game.

Think it'll be a comfortable victory; Hull don't want it.

Hull have won 1 in 13 and are probably the worst team to come to Goodison so far this season.

You want kicking if you don't win this one.

:bootyshake:

Might as well just bend over in readiness now. This is NUFC we are talking about

We should go all out to win this one, imo. A HOME tie against either Millwall or Crewe is just too good to turn down.

I'd go with the team that started Vs West Ham. Maybe replace Jonas with Lua Lua?

Thing is, if Jonas is 1 booking away from a ban, and we have sunderland looming- what do you do?- He just cant miss that.

We should go all out to win this one, imo. A HOME tie against either Millwall or Crewe is just too good to turn down.

I'd go with the team that started Vs West Ham. Maybe replace Jonas with Lua Lua?

Thing is, if Jonas is 1 booking away from a ban, and we have sunderland looming- what do you do?- He just cant miss that.

Unless he gets booked in the 4th round game he won't miss the mackems game as we have City in between the 4th round and the mackems. Solution: Don't play Jonas in the 4th round game if we get there.

Got to put a strong team out I think. I would go with

Given

Taylor               Colo               Bassong         Enrique

Jonas             Charlie            Guthrie             Duff

Owen             Carroll

Wish I could replace the RB and LB with others but hey ho, us to win 2-1

:idiot2:

Really you think Enrique is setting the world alight?

No, but he's by far the best left back we've had since the days of Bernard (Mark I). He's nowhere near the finished article but I'm lost as to why he gets so much abuse. Perhaps you've been watching training along with JFK, someone else who doesn't seem to rate him.

Oh meiow! Get your claws back in. His passing was woeful yesterday. Steven Taylor was infinitely worse but Enrique still has a lot of work to do.

I would use the term 'erratic' over 'woeful' - some of it was creative, inventive and accurate while others (such as that hospital pass at the start of the second half) were abject and way short of the standard required.

Overall though, he covered for other people's mistakes and in turn they (well, Bassong) covered for his couple of ricks (a sliced attempt to clear in the first half springs to mind).

I'm just amazed at the vitiriol that some people (not necessarily you Toonlass) spew towards him during the match when we've gone for so long with genuinely awful left-backs. The song Big Yellow Taxi springs to mind...

Very good post. I don't understand the abuse he gets either! His erratic passing is the only aspect of his game he needs working on! Played the lovely through ball for Jonas at the death yesterday. He's a very good LB imo.

I think Hull's poor recent form might help us in that I reckon Brown will be looking over his shoulder in the league now and will probably field a weakened side.

In his post-match interview after the game at their place he suggested he would give more of his fringe players a run out for the replay.

Guest Darth Toon

Given

Taylor - Coloccini - Bassong - N'Zogbia

Duff - Guthrie - Butt - Jonas

Owen - Carroll

Is what I think JFK will play.

Given

Taylor      Bassong    Coloccini    Enrique

Butt

Guthrie

Duff                                              Jonas

Owen

Carroll

Score 3-1

Would be ideal to give Xisco at least 45 mins and Ranger a few mins at the end.

Never gonna happen though, i fully expect a 75% fit Shola to be hurried back and promptly break down again.

Harper should be really given (no pun) a run out as well.

Guest toonlass

Even .co.uk doesn't think Xisco will play. They have a poll asking who the first goalscorer will be against Hull and he isn't even on the list

Even .co.uk doesn't think Xisco will play. They have a poll asking who the first goalscorer will be against Hull and he isn't even on the list

:laugh:

If he can't go this month (FIFA rules etc) then why not at least get some money's worth out of him before the summer?

Unless of course...

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/editorials.nsf/LookupUNID/DD2BD8F5820E38308025753B0042D4F8?OpenDocument

The rumour brought to the tf bunker last week reckoned Xisco is being kept out of the team by Wise because if he plays X number of games then NUFC will have to stump up the second 50% of the deal for him. Or something like that.

If he can't go this month (FIFA rules etc) then why not at least get some money's worth out of him before the summer?

Unless of course...

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/editorials.nsf/LookupUNID/DD2BD8F5820E38308025753B0042D4F8?OpenDocument

The rumour brought to the tf bunker last week reckoned Xisco is being kept out of the team by Wise because if he plays X number of games then NUFC will have to stump up the second 50% of the deal for him. Or something like that.

Or something like that. :lol:

Unless of course...

Highly plausible.

Cheapskates!

Unless of course...

Or something like that. :lol:

:lol:

Sounds pretty plausible for me tbh, there's not many other reasons I can think of why he's just being totally ignored. Even if Kinnear thinks he's total wank, he surely offers more than nothing.