Owen Last Night

Crumpy Gunt

Guest neesy111

i wonder what he did again today

captain and good player my arse, would rather play 451 formation with someone who can play upfront and offer the team something

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Owen's just having a shit patch of form ultimately. He was on a good run earlier in the season but we failed to capatilise on his goals results wise (brace vs stoke? etc).

Why is he captain?

He cares absolutely 0% about the club. There's one thing Michael Owen cares about, and it's how much he'll get paid.

Nail on head.

A poor captain who is 90% cert to leave within 6 months is hardly the kind of person you want keeping the players together during a relegation battle.

Guest toonlass

Why is he captain?

He cares absolutely 0% about the club. There's one thing Michael Owen cares about, and it's how much he'll get paid.

Nail on head.

A poor captain who is 90% cert to leave within 6 months is hardly the kind of person you want keeping the players together during a relegation battle.

Totally agree

He's the best player we've got.  His runs and inteligent play mark him out from the rest in my opinion.  He's not scoring right now, but still has a ratio of nearly one in two. He's not much of a captain though.

Guest neesy111

it's the chances he is missing as well, he missed 7 v hull over the 2 games, not good enough

martins used to get criticised on here for missing lots of chances, it shouldn't be the same with him

Guest Sniffer

I don't think anybody is arguing that he's not going through a bad patch. And missing some opportunities he'd normally tuck away.

I don't think anybody is arguing that he's not going through a bad patch. And missing some opportunities he'd normally tuck away.

I've said it on here a few times before. Owen isn't the world class finisher that he's made out to be, what's world class in his game are his reaction skills in the box, the timing of his runs and his anticipation. A lot of his goals now are when he's reacted first on something and nobody else has time to react to these. When he's through on goal I don't trust him at all to score. Not like when he was at Liverpool when you always had 100% confidence in him to either slot it past the keeper, or take it round him.

The problem with Owen is his lack of self sufficiency. He's at that stage in his career where he needs service to thrive as a footballer, service that is becoming less and less frequent the poorer we play. At this moment in time we need self sufficient strikers, ones that will make things happen. Yes I know he's fantastic at what he does but when he isn't getting the chance to do it makes him little more than a passenger.

The problem with Owen is his lack of self sufficiency. He's at that stage in his career where he needs service to thrive as a footballer, service that is becoming less and less frequent the poorer we play. At this moment in time we need self sufficient strikers, ones that will make things happen. Yes I know he's fantastic at what he does but when he isn't getting the chance to do it makes him little more than a passenger.

The problem with Owen is that he's lazy and doesn't give a fuck.

That's what it comes down to really.

People blame it completely on the service and to be honest it isn't great but he has had a number of (by his standard) very good chances in the last few games but has wasted them.

There is still no way I would sell him in January unless someone like City came in with a silly offer and we bought in a good replacement somehow before he was sold.

Michael Owen 2005:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/content/images/2005/08/31/michael_owen_signs_400x300.jpg

Michael Owen 2009:

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/michael-owen3-300x400.jpg

Hes getting bigger and bigger, injury free, but far away from good trained.

And i thought Keegan said he was one of those in the squad who train hardest, i dont understand that one really.

He's further away on the first pic.

Michael Owen 2005:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/content/images/2005/08/31/michael_owen_signs_400x300.jpg

Michael Owen 2009:

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/michael-owen3-300x400.jpg

Hes getting bigger and bigger, injury free, but far away from good trained.

And i thought Keegan said he was one of those in the squad who train hardest, i dont understand that one really.

He's further away on the first pic.

:lol: :clap:

I actually knew it was too good to be true, for whatever reason. :undecided:

Dunno - for one thing i was never convinced his heart was really in it. "Erm oh yeah, yeah, hopefully i'll be scoring goals for four years, yeah."

Guest toonlass

He's the best player we've got.  His runs and inteligent play mark him out from the rest in my opinion.  He's not scoring right now, but still has a ratio of nearly one in two. He's not much of a captain though.

:frantic: Oh for gods sake, Bassong is better than this bloke, and he is only 22. Michael Owen is mostly annonymous when he doesn't score. He adds nothing to the squad that any other decent striker wouldn't. He is no more captain material than my 3 year old. Best player we have? Then how did our 20 year old youth developed player have the best chance against Blackburn? How did cross after cross come into the box against Hull for Owen to do fuck all with. He is over, spent, fucked. Sell him to Citeh. Then spend the money on someone who's ego is not bigger than the shadow of St James'.