Kinnear Says: Newcastle have made 5million bid for Mbia

Gash

Guest sicko2ndbest

Saw 25 minutes of the game. Didn't see him make a tackle or challenge for the ball, he ran at half pace and just didn't look very interested at all. The passes he made were short and simple, but at least he never wasted possession.

Stay on topic

There is a thread on Owen further down :)

These bumbling clowns make Fat Fred and Roeder look competent in the transfer market.

So now not only do Rennes know exactly what we're willing to spend on Mbia (double the original bid ffs!) the whole world knows our budget.

Just watched the game and although its hard to judge a player on one game, he was poor today,  didn't look like a Patrick Vieira type midfielder which i'd heard people describe him as.  Think we may be gambling paying £5m,  i'll be questioning JFK's sanity even more than i already am if he pays around £10m.

The Lille defender Rami who was also linked looked ok but wouldn't say he was any better than Colo, Bassong and Taylor.

Saw 25 minutes of the game. Didn't see him make a tackle or challenge for the ball, he ran at half pace and just didn't look very interested at all. The passes he made were short and simple, but at least he never wasted possession.

I just saw the second half and I didn't see him make a single tackle, he just mostly jogged alongside the player he was tracking. His passing looked ok FWIW.

Yeah, I took in just the second half, and I'd agree with that assessment. Hopefully, that half-hearted effort is an indication of his desire to move.

Incidentally, I thought the overall standard of play was remarkably crap. Is French club football usually that bad?

Guest Sniffer

I suppose his halfhearted effort is no different to n'zogbia's halfhearted effort yesterday.

Would you rather break your arm or break your leg?

All these pages wasted on a player we won't get, our incresed offer will be £5.5mill :D

Says it's a possibility he'll put all his eggs in one basket and bid 10m for him if Geremi gets sold.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4811370,00.html

Ah, been posted.

If you want to buy players in January, you have to pay an inflated price. That's a reality they have to face.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think 8mil and the other 2 mil on performance based criteria should be enough to get him. I havnt seen a lot of the lad but from reports he could be just what we need

Guest Sniffer

If you believe the reports. Having watched the rennes game yesterday I didn't think he was anything to write home about.

I also don't know if it was just a coincidence that the only time I actually paid any attention to him, he was nothing like an 10 mill player. Or a 5 mill player.

Guest Brazilianbob

Watched M'Bia in the last African Cup of Nations and he was terrific for Cameroon.  Mind you so was Geremi, so I'm not sure we should be reading too much into his ACN performances.

I think 8mil and the other 2 mil on performance based criteria should be enough to get him. I havnt seen a lot of the lad but from reports he could be just what we need

I can't see Kinnear bidding that sort of money after watching that performance on Sunday. He might be a lot better than he looked but if Joe was flying out to make his mind up after seeing him in the flesh he can't possibly have been impressed.