Kinnear offered 2.5/3.5 year contract extension

SUPERTOON

I dont know why everyone is so negative towards this bloke. After all after the portsmouth game you were all licking his arse stating how much of a good job he has done etc etc etc. Now after a poor xmas period (which we never fucking do well in anyway) you want him out. From reading this forum for a while everytime we go through a bad patch the majority of regular posters want the manager out. Joe Kinnear has done a decent job considering the state that the club is in. Had we won those tight games in which we drew we would be level on points with Wigan who by all accounts are having a great season.

What we need is a little bit of stability and if Kinnear is going to give us a few seasons of mid table consolodation while putting in place a quality scouting network and continue to develop our academy then so be it.

The last thing we need is to get rid of him and bring in another high paid so called savoiur only to be in the same position. The problems we have are not going be fixed by changing the manager, its much deeper than that. If it wasnt for Kinnear lets face it we would probably be bottom of the league right now, but with Kinnear we are in 11th position.

The problem with this forum is that the majority of posters only know Newcastle United from KK first reign in charge and therefore havent seen or experienced the dark days of the eighties and early ninety's where we were really shit. I am not saying this position that the club finds itself in is acceptable but it could be a lot worse....look at Leeds United.

Kinnear done miracles at Wimbledon, give him a chance to change us around..... we may be suprised

I can't understand why everyone is so pissed off. Apart from the fact that it was obvious this would happen, no manager worth his salt would take a job where dennis wise's hand is up his arse moving his mouth. Rather kinnear than someone who doesn't give a toss. The only thing we need to concern ourselves is the parasite at the top.

I dont know why everyone is so negative towards this bloke. After all after the portsmouth game you were all licking his arse stating how much of a good job he has done etc etc etc. Now after a poor xmas period (which we never f***ing do well in anyway) you want him out. From reading this forum for a while everytime we go through a bad patch the majority of regular posters want the manager out. Joe Kinnear has done a decent job considering the state that the club is in. Had we won those tight games in which we drew we would be level on points with Wigan who by all accounts are having a great season.

What we need is a little bit of stability and if Kinnear is going to give us a few seasons of mid table consolodation while putting in place a quality scouting network and continue to develop our academy then so be it.

The last thing we need is to get rid of him and bring in another high paid so called savoiur only to be in the same position. The problems we have are not going be fixed by changing the manager, its much deeper than that. If it wasnt for Kinnear lets face it we would probably be bottom of the league right now, but with Kinnear we are in 11th position.

The problem with this forum is that the majority of posters only know Newcastle United from KK first reign in charge and therefore havent seen or experienced the dark days of the eighties and early ninety's where we were really s***. I am not saying this position that the club finds itself in is acceptable but it could be a lot worse....look at Leeds United.

Kinnear done miracles at Wimbledon, give him a chance to change us around..... we may be suprised

Most people were willing to accept him as a caretaker until the summer, but to say he deserves a new contract is insane he has won 4 games.

My hope: Kinnear is saying he'll be here for a while to attract new players to the club. If he says "I'm only here until May...then anything could happen" it's hardly the type of security a player will look for. Just a thought.

good point

It is a good point but i dont see too many players coming off the back of percieved stability now that Joe Kinnear is in charge 'full time'. In fact i dont think many players will have heard of Kinnear in the first place for them to be swayed by this news.

Has there been any official statement yet?

the point has nothing to do with players having heard of kinnear. it could be southgate or phil brown or tony pulis or any number of managers that foreign players will not have heard of. the point is when a player hears about interest from a club they are more likely to want to sign for a permanent manager who specifically wants them to come and has a longterm role for them in his side. if a manager is trying to sign them who is due to leave in a couple of months they're more likely to be reluctant, a new man will come in and the player won't be 'theirs', they'll have no pinpointed role for them and might not even want them at all.

Good point.

of course if we dont pay the going rate in fees and wages then it's all bollocks cos no-one is going to sign for us!

What will happen is we will not get anybody in and Butt and Kinnear will sign their contract extensions at the end of January.

Dear me, just when you think it can't get any worse they pull another rabbit out of the hat..

Why would anyone sign up to the 3 year deal with a credit card btw? :lol: Not unless it was interest free.

For the credit. Isn't that usually why they're used?

Usually for something that you want now but can't afford so you can pay at a later date, a 3 year deal on a season ticket to save yourself £50 a season doesn't make much sense if you're getting hit with high interest while attempting to pay for it.

The people using the "But I've signed up to a 3 year deal" are starting to get on my tits in general, you either signed up because you were going to go anyway so you wanted to save yourself money or you were only bothered because keegan was there, either way nobody forced you into it so stop fucking going on about it.

Why would anyone sign up to the 3 year deal with a credit card btw? :lol: Not unless it was interest free.

Usually for something that you want now but can't afford so you can pay at a later date, a 3 year deal on a season ticket to save yourself £50 a season doesn't make much sense if you're getting hit with high interest while attempting to pay for it.

The people using the "But I've signed up to a 3 year deal" are starting to get on my tits in general, you either signed up because you were going to go anyway so you wanted to save yourself money or you were only bothered because keegan was there, either way nobody forced you into it so stop fucking going on about it.

:thup:

Guest neesy111

this along with the kaka bid has made me disillusioned with football in general, 500k a week for playing 90 mins of football a week ffs

the average fan is getting fucked upon and expected to pay up whenever a club asks for money

players getting paid 10x more than what they should

the board and management of this club

I guess you don't feel deceived at all. Lucky you.

I didn't sign up to the 3 year deal as I'm happy paying it every year, even if it does cost me an extra £50.

Like I said you would have been going anyway so only signed up to save yourself some money, if that's the case then it shouldn't matter to you.

If some people probably wouldn't have committed themselves but only did because Keegan was there then more fool them as far as I'm concerned.

I guess you don't feel deceived at all. Lucky you.

:lol:

Dont make my arse laugh, we signed up to save. The idea that people only signed up to see Keegan for 3 years makes me cringe, talking about putting all yours eggs in one basket. The option for one season was always there.

Wouldnt it of been cheaper to sign up for the Kev Keegan fan club?

Less to do with Keegan and more to do with the way the club was headed. Or rather, they way the club claimed it was headed.

I also feel deceived because they have a shitload of money up front from people and yet there appears to be no money to spend. Weird.

People who signed up for the three year deal did so for whatever reason and if they did it because of Keegan being here then they had every right to do so as he signed a contract for that time span.  They also have every right to feel pissed off about him not being here, the blame for him not being here is debatable.

Guest fading star

The people using the "But I've signed up to a 3 year deal" are starting to get on my tits in general, you either signed up because you were going to go anyway so you wanted to save yourself money or you were only bothered because keegan was there, either way nobody forced you into it so stop f***ing going on about it.

Your tits have no bearing on the future of NUFC.

I signed up for three years. Next season I will be attending under duress and fully intend to express my unhappiness at this, as will everyone who is being forced to pay for ticket they no longer want. It’s not a good basis for moving forward together.

The people using the "But I've signed up to a 3 year deal" are starting to get on my tits in general, you either signed up because you were going to go anyway so you wanted to save yourself money or you were only bothered because keegan was there, either way nobody forced you into it so stop f***ing going on about it.

I signed up for three years. Next season I will be attending under duress and fully intend to express my unhappiness at this, as will everyone who is being forced to pay for ticket they no longer want. It’s not a good basis for moving forward together.

Perhaps you should have thought about it more before diving in just to save yourself a few pound then.

Guest fading star

Perhaps you should have thought about it more before diving in just to save yourself a few pound then.

Perhaps the club shouldn’t have had Keegan and Mort talking about the future in the sales brochure they sent me.

Guest The Libertine

Perhaps the club shouldn’t have had Keegan and Mort talking about the future in the sales brochure they sent me.

may i interest you in a no risk pyramid scheme?

pm me if interested.

I realize it's extremely presumptuous of me to be making any comment about ST holders, but I have to say that it seems a bit silly to complain now that you were "conned" into buying a three-year ticket.

You really should have only made that financial commitment if you were absolutely sure that you were going to attend NUFC matches for the next three years. No matter what.

If you were only going to go if Keegan was here, or if you were only going to go if we were challenging for Europe... Well, you should've bought a one year ticket then.

I mean, even ignoring for a moment that you can actually just have your ticket refunded if you really don't want it anymore.

(That said, I do share your frustration. It's just that all this repetition is getting a bit silly.)

I realize it's extremely presumptuous of me to be making any comment about ST holders, but I have to say that it seems a bit silly to complain now that you were "conned" into buying a three-year ticket.

You really should have only made that financial commitment if you were absolutely sure that you were going to attend NUFC matches for the next three years. No matter what.

If you were only going to go if Keegan was here, or if you were only going to go if we were challenging for Europe... Well, you should've bought a one year ticket then.

I mean, even ignoring for a moment that you can actually just have your ticket refunded if you really don't want it anymore.

(That said, I do share your frustration. It's just that all this repetition is getting a bit silly.)

Again :thup:

People can get out of it if they want to, so they having nothing to complain about.