Kinnear offered 2.5/3.5 year contract extension

SUPERTOON

Guest elbee909

I agree.

Afterr signing that useless nigerian twat ameobi for another three years why should anybody be surprised at the absurd decisions and lack of ambition at this club?

Oh, Shola's a Geordie.  Still a twat though.

Guest geordienorway

Kinnear is probably the only manager who would manage us under this turmoil. If the situation doesn't improve, I can understand Ashley's point of view in hiring JK permanently. However, this confirms the ambitions MA has. Joe Kinnear is not the man who can take us to the top-6, and his silly behavior will always make the press hate our club. We need a manager who isn't completely stupid.

Fuck me what a fucking traversty, this is a ridiculous state of affairs if true.

Truly embarrsessed, theres nothing worse than knowing the future of the club before its even happneded, this nails us on for mid table no matter how good our transfers policy is.

what a truly unambitious appointment.

Mid table? Thats ambitious

Is it? I thought it was pretty crap personally.

Joe Kinnears cunting black and white army!

Was always going to happen, Roeder mark two, except he wont last as long as Rat Face did, gone by early September.

Will be a hard summer after our best players leave along with the majority  of supporters, wonder how they expect to attract players when there is nothing positive to offer them.

I think we have finally hit our level at least.

It should be interesting to see if Ashley mentions the thought process behind this post-window expose with the media

Theres absolutely no excuse for this. If they havent realised by now the importance of making sure you get the right man to do the job in hand then theres no hope, not even if they sign the next 11 best players in the world.

This is the single most important decision that the club have to make, a decision i havent seen made correctly in 5 years now.

Souness

Roeder

Allardyce

Keegan/Redknapp

Kinnear/Venables

Kinnear.

It should be interesting to see if Ashley mentions the thought process behind this post-window expose with the media

Theres absolutely no excuse for this. If they havent realised by now the importance of making sure you get the right man to do the job in hand then theres no hope, not even if they sign the next 11 best players in the world.

This is the single most important decision that the club have to make, a decision i havent seen made correctly in 5 years now.

Souness

Roeder

Allardyce

Keegan/Redknapp

Kinnear/Venables

Kinnear.

I agree Fredbob. You just couldnt make it up.

We can just cling on to the thought that the story isnt correct  :undecided:

There are direct quotes from Kinnear. He's either lying outright (and if so I'd expect the club to have something to say about it) or it's true.

There are direct quotes from Kinnear. He's either lying outright (and if so I'd expect the club to have something to say about it) or it's true.

It speaks volumes about Kinnear's past record of lies in the media that people are still clinging onto the belief that this might not even be true. If it was Roeder, Bobby, Souness, Keegan, or anyone else saying this, then people would accept it as 100% fact, provided there is quotes in the source ofc.

Souness

Roeder

Allardyce

Keegan/Redknapp

Kinnear/Venables

Kinnear.

I agree Fredbob. You just couldnt make it up.

Im clinging as hard as possilbe. This is just inexcusable in my book, the only possilbe ray of light in this is that he's learnt a thing or 2 from his mate, Wenger.

in a way it is good for the short-term, it means a bit more stability (albeit in a disappointing way), gives kinnear more authority over players who may have previously thought jfk would be off soon so why should they listen to him, and it means ashley will probably back him with a bit of cash as a gesture. ashley seems quite loyal in that some of his closest associates are those he's worked with over decades who understand his idiosyncratic methods, whereas outsiders dont last long. in kinnear he has someone he gets on with and owes something to, as when no one would touch us with a bargepole, kinnear helped us out.

in the longer term it doesnt bode well as kinnear isnt a top manager and yet again shows how ashley makes weird decisions. i wonder if being linked to those spanish managers (who wouldve worked better as part of the 'system' than an old school brit) was more jiminez's idea and now he has gone there remains no chance of casting the net further afield.

My hope: Kinnear is saying he'll be here for a while to attract new players to the club. If he says "I'm only here until May...then anything could happen" it's hardly the type of security a player will look for. Just a thought.

(/quote)

"Mike Ashley, (managing director) Derek Llambias and I, we’ve sat down and talked about taking the club forward and about reinvesting in the club in the summer.

doesn't bode well for the january transfer market ,does it?

Guest fading star

My hope: Kinnear is saying he'll be here for a while to attract new players to the club. If he says "I'm only here until May...then anything could happen" it's hardly the type of security a player will look for. Just a thought.

I’d have thought somebody else taking over in the summer would have been more appealing to potential new signings.

in a way it is good for the short-term, it means a bit more stability (albeit in a disappointing way), gives kinnear more authority over players who may have previously thought jfk would be off soon so why should they listen to him, and it means ashley will probably back him with a bit of cash as a gesture. ashley seems quite loyal in that some of his closest associates are those he's worked with over decades who understand his idiosyncratic methods, whereas outsiders dont last long. in kinnear he has someone he gets on with and owes something to, as when no one would touch us with a bargepole, kinnear helped us out.

in the longer term it doesnt bode well as kinnear isnt a top manager and yet again shows how ashley makes weird decisions. i wonder if being linked to those spanish managers (who wouldve worked better as part of the 'system' than an old school brit) was more jiminez's idea and now he has gone there remains no chance of casting the net further afield.

He is staying until the end of the season anyway. Fact is, if he is as bad as we all think he will be sacked before the end of the season or soon after the next season starts in true Newcastle Fashion.

We were never going to appoint anyone else before the end of the season, so what will be will be.

Like everyone else I put up with Kinnear with the foolish glimmer of hope he would be replaced in the summer. Everything is always so Volatile at this club things will come to a head or get better sooner or later.

good point

Guest fading star

Im clinging as hard as possilbe. This is just inexcusable in my book, the only possilbe ray of light in this is that he's learnt a thing or 2 from his mate, Wenger.

It’s no coincidence Arsenal have struggled since Joe moved north.