Kinnear offered 2.5/3.5 year contract extension

SUPERTOON

Playing devil's advocate here:

Maybe nee fucker wants to join us if they're going to play for a manager whose future is unknown? Maybe this is just a bluff to tie up some deals?

Cant see them jumpig for joy at playing for this fool.

If sincerely hope Kinnear is talking shit about this, but what would be his reason for doing so?

Ask yourself that about every single quote he gives the papers.

Yeah but normally I'd assume it was to shut the fans up. This is kinda the opposite. :lol:

If sincerely hope Kinnear is talking s*** about this, but what would be his reason for doing so?

The funny (might not be the right word) about it is that he hasnt even accepted it.

Would it be better or worse if he said no?  I can't even decide.

If sincerely hope Kinnear is talking s*** about this, but what would be his reason for doing so?

Because of the lack of communication from those above? Calling their bluff perhaps.

He knows that neither Ashley or Llambias talk to the press or give interviews so there is noone to refute his claim. If he keeps us up (which he obviously believes he will), they will have no option but to give him a contract. He's trying to talk himself into a deal.

to tie up some deals for players who have concerns about his future?

The only result of any decent player's reading of this would be confirmation of their exit.

Any player who wants to see this I would sell/sack/have shot.

Guest firetotheworks

Ask yourself that about every single quote he gives the papers.

Yeah but normally I'd assume it was to shut the fans up. This is kinda the opposite. :lol:

Maybe he thinks this is what we want?

Game over if its true I think. I can imagine this having a terrible effect on the players.

Guest firetotheworks

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-offer-kinnear-new-deal-1414343.html

Joe Kinnear has revealed he has been offered a "very lucrative" deal to stay on as Newcastle manager past the end of the season.

The former Wimbledon and Nottingham Forest boss initially arrived on a short-term deal following the resignation of Kevin Keegan in September and with owner Mike Ashley looking to sell the club.

The sportswear tycoon has since taken the Magpies off the market and given Kinnear a contract until the end of the season.

The 62-year-old has led Newcastle out of the bottom three but they are still involved in a relegation scrap and are only three points clear of Tottenham in 18th

Kinnear told talkSPORT: "I know what my own future is. I'm just mulling over things in my head at the moment. I have been offered a very lucrative contract.

"Mike Ashley, (managing director) Derek Llambias and I, we've sat down and talked about taking the club forward and about reinvesting in the club in the summer.

"But I said to them that first and foremost, we have to work hard and establish ourselves as a Premier League side and get away from the relegation fight.

"I really don't need any more distractions than that. What I suggested to the club was that we all sit down in the summer and look at each other and say what direction do we want to take the club in, refinancing it, letting players go and bringing in my own players.

"I'll also see what my wife and family have to say about the situation of moving up here permanently."

Felt a bit dizzy when I read that. Stopping Wise and co bringing the players in? Be careful what you wish for

This really would highlight how far we've fallen.

We HAVE fallen through the floorboards, thats for damn sure.

It wasn't THAT long ago we were talking of the likes of Hiddink and others as possible managers too.....

Bullshit. If Kinnear has an offer from us for a contract next season he would have snapped their hands off, this is the bloke who accepted the post on a month by month basis just to give himself the chance of a contract offer, why would he then not accept it when it arrived

This too, however, sounds correct and is well reasoned.

Guest fading star

I am still waiting to see what happens in the next two weeks before I say anything. I'm assuming Ashley is going to hit the transfer market with intent and then give a victory speech at the end of January telling us why with the right players Joe's the man to take us forward.

I know there's an alternative scenario but I can wait two weeks.

Sounds highly plausible. One small problem, he’ll have to pay way way over the odds to get anybody to sign, which he won’t do.

Ashley said JFK would be the manager as long as he owned the club a week or two back

Well i guess this confirms (like we needed any proof), that the club truly is at an absolute standstill until we get a new owner.

Actually - that's wrong, cos i can see us going down under this muppet.

Guest Sniffer

I agree.

Afterr signing that useless nigerian twat ameobi for another three years why should anybody be surprised at the absurd decisions and lack of ambition at this club?

Fuck me what a fucking traversty, this is a ridiculous state of affairs if true.

Truly embarrsessed, theres nothing worse than knowing the future of the club before its even happneded, this nails us on for mid table no matter how good our transfers policy is.

what a truly unambitious appointment.

Fuck me what a fucking traversty, this is a ridiculous state of affairs if true.

Truly embarrsessed, theres nothing worse than knowing the future of the club before its even happneded, this nails us on for mid table no matter how good our transfers policy is.

what a truly unambitious appointment.

Mid table? Thats ambitious