Do we need to start protesting?

Guest neesy111

Does not matter about  protesting, the simple fact is the players we have are not good enough.

We lost again today against a very poor side. Our passing is poor; we struggle to open up teams. All teams need to do is stop Owen and they know we struggle to score. The team needs overhauling, and that is going to take several years, but no manger will ever get the chance to do that.

Protest about what?

We cant change anything, just support the team for now and encourage them.

and just let ashley think we're happy with everything, if u do then u deserve him as chairman

He's tried selling the club. He's failed. He's come back supposedly to give us some stability. Whether he will or not I don't know.

What do you want? Him to just leave anyway and leave us on our own?

well we need to show him, kinnear and the players that we're f***ing fed-up of everything they throw at us

They know I'm sure. Note the boos. Word gets around town too no doubt.

For what it's worth I'm not actually against some form of protest this time round, just to make it out very strongly and clearly that we're not happy. Just in case there is any doubt, which I'm starting to think there is if they're giving the clueless man in charge a new contract.

One big protest after the next home game, not a series.

Thing is, as you say, they know!! Of course they know we're not happy! Protesting en masse will only put us more in the spotlight, and heap even more pressure on an already frail squad and manager. We need to stay up! We really really do. People can protest by not going. And those who do need to stay behind the team. The support today was fantastic.

Ashely out? great what then, no one wants to buy. kinnear out? what the hell happens then? no one signs during the window, no one wants to manage us, we will get worse than kinnear. wise out? seems as always to be the only guy doing his job. lambias out? now we are talking.

Make him put the price down, make him lose his money.

Protests won't make him do that, it's millions of pounds we're talking about, do you honestly think a protest would make him feel all charitable? It's a business at the end of the day.

Yet he is willing to spunk millions more down the pan when we get relegated under his puppet Kinnear.

Protests? Come off it lads. I think people really have lost sight of where we are at this moment in time.

We support a club that is unstable from the top all the way down to the bottom, we don't have a clue what the intentions of the board are this club and we have a manager with an uncertain future. Kevin Keegan is gone, get over it. All that is important now is we are neck high in the shit and all the moaning, whinging and protesting in the world isn't going to change that.

We've just lost heavily to a team below us in the league managed by a man who most have come to despise. I'm fuming, but when the knee-jerking subsides most will relise we're in the same position we were in about three games ago. There is so little in this table that it only requires a couple of wins to go shooting up the table. And I know after a game we should of been getting points from it's hard to hear, but we are capable of picking up points elsewhere.

Yeah I want answers from the board, I want an improvement on Kinnear and I want the players to start playing for their club but crying and moaning outside St. James' Park isn't going to help that. The only way us the fans can help our current plight, is to cross our fingers and stay united. I want change I really do but that can wait until the summer. A massive upheaval right now is only going to make things worse. We need to get behind the lads and just hope they get their act together, I know it sounds daft right now but anything else is only going to add to this club's detriment.

Legal protests should be aimed at Ashley's businesses/hobbies/life in my opinion.

You what?

Better than at SJP

Manchester United fans chased JP Magner around the race courses. This would be the best way if we could do something like this (all legal) as I think Ashley would have low tolerance to this.

Cringe-worthy.

Does not matter about  protesting, the simple fact is the players we have are not good enough.

We lost again today against a very poor side. Our passing is poor; we struggle to open up teams. All teams need to do is stop Owen and they know we struggle to score. The team needs overhauling, and that is going to take several years, but no manger will ever get the chance to do that.

It will be ignored by everyone but that's the truth. You don't win games if you don't score goals and not enough players in our side do.

Ashely out? great what then, no one wants to buy. kinnear out? what the hell happens then? no one signs during the window, no one wants to manage us, we will get worse than kinnear. wise out? seems as always to be the only guy doing his job. lambias out? now we are talking.

Make him put the price down, make him lose his money.

Protests won't make him do that, it's millions of pounds we're talking about, do you honestly think a protest would make him feel all charitable? It's a business at the end of the day.

Yet he is willing to spunk millions more down the pan when we get relegated under his puppet Kinnear.

He's probably deluded enough to think we'll be alright.

Protest about what?

We cant change anything, just support the team for now and encourage them.

and just let ashley think we're happy with everything, if u do then u deserve him as chairman

He's tried selling the club. He's failed. He's come back supposedly to give us some stability. Whether he will or not I don't know.

What do you want? Him to just leave anyway and leave us on our own?

well we need to show him, kinnear and the players that we're fucking fed-up of everything they throw at us

They know I'm sure. Note the boos. Word gets around town too no doubt.

For what it's worth I'm not actually against some form of protest this time round, just to make it out very strongly and clearly that we're not happy. Just in case there is any doubt, which I'm starting to think there is if they're giving the clueless man in charge a new contract.

One big protest after the next home game, not a series.

thats the mackems game after the transfer window closes, so if we don't get any1 and lose there will hell on anycase

Very true. Could be explosive (I hope I'm not talking literally).

Guest firetotheworks

We should boycott matches, and anyone who goes should just boo all the time to distract the players and let them know that we hate them. We'll go down, lose all our decent players, walk into financial meltdown and then we'll start talking about more protests to heal our club,  but we'll have made our deluded point. Fucking idiots.

So assuming that the club is looking to invest this window, how does protesting help?

Are people willing to completely throw away the 'slimmest' of chances that Ashley might want to invest this window? Would that not put a nail in the coffin, and if that were to happen how many of you knuckle draggers take repsonisiblty or will it be another case of "our protests made no difference", in which case the protests would be pointless in the first place.

I don't have any confidence in Kinnear, but you are probably right because I don't have much confidence in our ability to attract a suitable replacement either.

What we need are two or three good signings to lift the team.  Not 17 year olds, not flair players.  Good players with experience at bad clubs and with the right sort of attitude in these sort of situations.  Go out and find some leaders.

So assuming that the club is looking to invest this window, how does protesting help?

Are people willing to completely throw away the 'slimmest' of chances that Ashley might want to invest this window? Would that not put a nail in the coffin, and if that were to happen how many of you knuckle draggers take repsonisiblty or will it be another case of "our protests made no difference", in which case the protests would be pointless in the first place.

It would be a protest after the window, to be fair.

I'm not saying I totally agree with it but one to let them know won't kill us. As long as it is nothing overly abusive.

I agree though, nothing during the window, and nothing after it if it turns out alright. And I'm not advocating or being part of it, I'm just saying I'd not hold it against anyone if it happened.

Guest neesy111

I don't have any confidence in Kinnear, but you are probably right because I don't have much confidence in our ability to attract a suitable replacement either.

What we need are two or three good signings to lift the team.  Not 17 year olds, not flair players.  Good players with experience at bad clubs and with the right sort of attitude in these sort of situations.  Go out and find some leaders.

just like the experienced players we have like butt and owen who are holding the team back

just like the experienced players we have like butt and owen who are holding the team back

Who is going to play ahead of them?

It gets media coverage, if done well.  It's not the kind of press Ashley or Wise etc. wants, and puts pressure on them to change things.  They may say it doesn't, but it really does.

We should have a massive protest outside SJP for the next game at City.  Chances are it'll get on SSN or whatever, since we're bothering to protest even though they're playing elsewhere.