The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Keegan is a man of principle.

How many managers would have kept quiet and seen out their contracts?

He was paid out £2 million - his contract in total was worth £13 million.

... and he claimed £25 million. Man of principle, eh?

no he didnt his advisers did.

a) which he agreed to

b) so, his advisers would've got that money had he somehow managed to win it? I think not

burnip are you sitting on Ashleys cock while you type?

It's fucking hilarious watching people who were so sure they knew they were right trying to squirm their way out of the findings of the tribunal rather than admit they might have been wrong.

Actually no, it's pretty fucking sad.

It's fucking hilarious watching people who were so sure they knew they were right trying to squirm their way out of the findings of the tribunal rather than admit they might have been wrong.

spot on Dave lad

Guest sicko2ndbest

It's f***ing hilarious watching people who were so sure they knew they were right trying to squirm their way out of the findings of the tribunal rather than admit they might have been wrong.

Actually no, it's pretty f***ing sad.

Nail on head Davey boy!

I actually feel sorry for the lads that have tried to justify the clubs stance. What a complete and utter waste of time and effort.

Its in black and white boys :) Your Wrong Keegan was Right!

Agreed.

It's f***ing hilarious watching people who were so sure they knew they were right trying to squirm their way out of the findings of the tribunal rather than admit they might have been wrong.

Actually no, it's pretty f***ing sad.

I can't see how anybody can take the clubs side in any of this.

They haven't only ripped the piss out of Keegan, they've ripped the piss out of everybody and they're directly responsible for us playing Bristol City today through the actions which they have taken.  If Keegan had stayed we would still be playing in the Premiership, they made his job impossible to do and the direct result it us playing in the 2nd division.

I find it unbelievable that anybody can defend that and I was always prepared to give them a chance.

I find it unbelievable that anybody can defend that.

Don't think anyone is. I know I'm certainly not.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I find it unbelievable that anybody can defend that.

Don't think anyone is. I know I'm certainly not.

Bobyule?

At the endof the day this shows how poorly managed and ran the club is. I had always backed Keegan over Ashley and Co since the day he left. He is a man of principle and always has been.

Thats what we love about the man. How can anyone still have a go at KK?

He left Nufc first time around over principle- abou the floatation of the club, and he lost his passion and motivation. Fair enough. Hall wanted to give him a 10 year contract for christs sake.

He left Fulham for England- Who wouldn't?

Leaves England beacuse he hods his hands up and admits he can't do the job. Ulike that tw** McLaren who will still be taking millions off the F.A for being sacked.

Leaves City for similair reasons to us first time around.

Furthermore, we are still paying the likes of Fat Sam and Souness money for being sacked for doing a s**t job, who don't care about the club. Allardyce will be getting around 7-8 Million, so why shouldn't KK claim for money? He wnated us fans to know the truth and we got it.

Thanks KK for the memories.

Some people sit on very high horses. Blind following the club isn't any better than having apparently his head stuck up a Messiah's arse.

Some people do as if the club can do no wrong and should get exculpated just for the greater good.

If the arbitration panel finds that Keegan is entitled to the money then he had every reason to sue the club (represented by its owner). Because if the club is going to get found guility of constructive dismissal then he it gets found guilty in shockingly mistreating its most important employee. In that case of gross misconduct I think this person is even more entitled to his compensation than a manager who gets the boot for his (arguably) poor performances.

And that has nothing to do with failing in the "love for the club". In the same way I think every fan who gets mistreated by the club has the right to seek legal actions and fight for his rights. Be it "Save our Seats" or - for example - because of an hypothetical accident and the club's liability for premises.

That's fair enough but on the flip side if Keegan doesn't get everything he's looking for, or if the panel finds in favour of Ashley then those on the other side of the fence will also have to get off their "high horse" and accept that Keegan shares some of the blame in this case. Let's see what happens.

Unless further evidence comes to light, a legal verdict on who should get compensation one way or the other isn't going to change my view on matters one bit, and I wouldn't expect any Keegan haters to change their minds either.

so if all the evidence (including all the stuff the cant say in public) proves keegan is in the wrong, you'll still say he's in the right?

how fucking childish  :lol:

And vice versa?

whoever "wins" is the person who is legally entitled to "win". the people deciding this know far more than we probably ever will so im with them.

If all the evidence (including all the stuff they cant say in public) proves keegan is in the right, will you still say he's in the wrong?

obviously not. my whole gripe with keegan is to do with why and when he quit. if the verdict sheds some light (official light, not newspaper gossip) on that then i'll be satisfied.

i dont hate keegan, i just want him to lose because it'll cost us a shit load of money.

:tumbleweed:

I am not an Ashley lover and hope he sells the club as quickly as possible but the only mistake he has made in this whole sorry affair was bringing Keegan back in the first place.

Fuck me. What a dickhead. :lol:

You havent even read it have you ?

Edit. I dont actually disagree that it was a mistake bringing KK back. But it was just the first in a long line.

Keegan is a man of principle.

How many managers would have kept quiet and seen out their contracts?

He was paid out £2 million - his contract in total was worth £13 million.

... and he claimed £25 million. Man of principle, eh?

no he didnt his advisers did.

a) which he agreed to

Well he had no choice. ;)

Just watched an old video of our 92/93 season. I don't know how anyone who has watched Keegan's speech at the city hall can doubt how he feels about this city.

Just watched an old video of our 92/93 season. I don't know how anyone who has watched Keegan's speech at the city hall can doubt how he feels about this city.

aye , was there that night, great days. :aww: :aww:

watched that the day after we got relegated, the entire video is a brilliant watch

Guest Brummiemag

Well I know it beggars belief but some people on here will question it. They must be either to young (which is no excuse) or to ignorant to understand 

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/554367/FORMER-Newcastle-boss-Kevin-Keegan-fears-his-relationship-with-the-clubrsquos-supporters-will-never-recover-after-his-bitter-battle-with-Mike-Ashley.html

A source close to the 58-year-old one-time Geordie messiah said: "He has taken it all very hard. He looked at message boards and has been very hurt. He has taken all the criticism personally."

I hope you are all very pleased with yourselves. :hmm:

/unless of course you are the source close to the 58-year-old one-time Geordie messiah