The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

some people on here believing KK has never come the game before - fucking unbelievable.

Some people on here, fully accepting that Keegan is capable of coming the game with the hierachy of NUFC but generally accepting that in doing so, he is doing it in the genuine and honest hope that it will be of the benefit of the club in the long term - fair point I feel.

Keegan sitting down, thrashing out the issues, and if that failed, making things public and walking with his head held high forcing Ashley and co to explain themselves you could argue would show a 'genuine and honest hope that it will be of the benefit of the club in the long term'.

Disappearing, suing the club binding all parties to a non disclosure agreement leading to confusion, impotant anger, boycotts and childish threats, continuing instability, and by the look of things, a masive hit to the club coffers that may have delayed any potential sale you could argue shows little to no indication of any interest in anything other than himself.

It has been said that his contract allowed had him liable to pay Ashley a couple of million should he have left it early. If true, he'd have to make himself legally impervious to be certain of avoiding paying that sum i.e. demonstrating it was Ashley and not he who had broken the terms.

Saying that, it's just occurred to me that there'd be some who'd think him paying up £2m, regardless of the rights and wrongs of the dispute, would be a good thing - as it would aid the club accounts.

I reckon the supposed walk-out clause has a lot to do with it.

KK comes here because he needs the money, does his best, but it becomes apparent he's not going to get loads of money to buy Thierry Henry etc and that the club long ago pissed away the chance to compete for the CL places. Times have changed and so has he. He's not having any fun, so he decides to walk. But oh dear, there's a walk-out clause that makes him liable for a couple of million if he bottles it, and he's already in some degree of financial shit due to Soccer Circus eating up all his cash. So he tosses in his own counter-claim and goes for the big bucks.

i find 25m hard to believe on what basis can he base that he would have earned that amount? and hasnt he got a job with espn as an analyst so its not like he ain't earning, probably red top bull s***

£25m was the figure my mate at the Chron heard yesterday - and the story came from the club.

£25m according to The Sun. Putting pressure on Keegan to settle for less?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2653955/Keegan-compo-could-ruin-Newcastle.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football

That article has the dirty paws of Llambias crawling all over it.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2653955/Keegan-compo-could-ruin-Newcastle.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football

You're spot on - according to my mate at the Chron.

Guest The Libertine

is it just the negative keegan stories that are planted? seems odd/predictable how its only the keegan "insider" stories that are dismissed instantly as mud slinging.

(this is where i get hunted down by the manson family)

I'm still struggling to comprehend how our detestable owner mistreating an employee to the extent that they're potentially entitled to a multi-million pound payout could be anything other than a further indictment of how that fat twat has run the club, regardless of who the employee is.

I'm still struggling to comprehend how our detestable owner mistreating an employee to the extent that they're potentially entitled to a multi-million pound payout could be anything other than a further indictment of how that fat t*** has run the club, regardless of who the employee is.

because if keegan had been the DoF and wise the manager people would still be backing keegan.

lets have some evidence on what the mistreatment was.

I'm still struggling to comprehend how our detestable owner mistreating an employee to the extent that they're potentially entitled to a multi-million pound payout could be anything other than a further indictment of how that fat t*** has run the club, regardless of who the employee is.

because if keegan had been the DoF and wise the manager people would still be backing keegan.

That's not really my point though. If Ashley has to payout because he fucked up, then it's his fault imo. The fact it's KK is an interesting one, some people will defend him regardless but the interesting aspect is that there are now seemingly a number of people who strongly dislike him. Almost unthinkable before he came back.

I'm still struggling to comprehend how our detestable owner mistreating an employee to the extent that they're potentially entitled to a multi-million pound payout could be anything other than a further indictment of how that fat twat has run the club, regardless of who the employee is.

To put another spin on it, my boss has been made redundant but has brought up a number of grievances. Most of these are wrong, a FACT I know as he has quoted me in them and what he is saying is at best a grossly warped view of events and at worst complete lies.

He will end up getting a settlement higher than he should - it should be basic redundancy but he'll walk away with about £20k on top. Doen't mean he is right and the company wrong

That's not really my point though. If Ashley has to payout because he f***ed up, then it's his fault imo. The fact it's KK is an interesting one, some people will defend him regardless but the interesting aspect is that there are now seemingly a number of people who strongly dislike him. Almost unthinkable before he came back.

i agree. however there are too many who see keegan as a bottler who has walked out on every managerial post he has had pitted against ashley who is the devil incarnate.

i trust neither enough to go on rumour and hearsay.

When the club goes bankrupt Keegan will be able to buy it now! They should just say whoever wins the arbitration wins the club.

:wav:

I can't recall any previous history of Keegan putting his own money into the club so I don't know what myth this sudden generosity would be based on.

That's not really my point though. If Ashley has to payout because he f***ed up, then it's his fault imo. The fact it's KK is an interesting one, some people will defend him regardless but the interesting aspect is that there are now seemingly a number of people who strongly dislike him. Almost unthinkable before he came back.

i agree. however there are too many who see keegan as a bottler who has walked out on every managerial post he has had pitted against ashley who is the devil incarnate.

i trust neither enough to go on rumour and hearsay.

I personally think labelling Keegan a 'bottler' because he's walked out on jobs is an unfair reflection on him given the true circumstances. He didn't 'bottle' the Fulham job, he got given a better one and it eventually became obvious he couldn't do both. The England job I guess you could class as bottling; he admitted he wasn't good enough and walked before he was pushed. I wish McLaren had had the integrity for that and saved the FA £2.5m paid for failure. As for the City job, I'm pretty sure he was told he wasn't getting his contract renewed and left by mutual consent, rather than "running away".

It's the first time he's taken a stance like this, so I'm certainly not going to write it off as 'Keegan running away again' as so many seem to be desperate to.

His salary was probably £2 or £3 million a year - was it a 4 year contract?

Can anyone provide an explanation of how a figure of £18 million (let alone £25 million) could be arrived at? If KK wins surely no court will award anything beyond what he would have earned under the contract - if they even award that much.

Bear in mind he has mitigated his loss of earnings by working for ESPN and that will be taken into acccount.

His salary was probably £2 or £3 million a year - was it a 4 year contract?

Can anyone provide an explanation of how a figure of £18 million (let alone £25 million) could be arrived at? If KK wins surely no court will award anything beyond what he would have earned under the contract - if they even award that much.

Bear in mind he has mitigated his loss of earnings by working for ESPN and that will be taken into acccount.

According to the Sun article the extra money is for future loss of earnings if you take the article seriously, which I don't. Sleazy tactics by Ashley's team if they are pushing the adminsitration angle but everything is speculation at the moment.