The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

The number of people wearing KK tinted specs is amazing. KK Vs SBR no contest at all. KK perhaps played slightly more entertaining football but in terms of tactics, dealing with players, composure and possibly transfer dealings, SBR thumps KK many times over. Plus SBR is a man of integrity, he saw the bigger picture and always thought of the club first. He would never walk away from us and leave us to rot, oh and trust me he had his fair share of shitty Chairman (cue for NE5 to join the thread  :frantic:)

That is quite frankly poissibly the worst post I've ever read on this forum, and when I've finished what I've got to do I shall disect every last part of it.

I can't believe this argument is even existing. Jesus.

SBR.

For us? There's no comparison who was better for us though. No comparison at all. And if you are referring to their spells in charge of us, then I really don't know what to say.

SBR.

For us?<b> There's no comparison who was better for us though. No comparison at all.</b> And if you are referring to their spells in charge of us, then I really don't know what to say.

I think you will find there is.

It makes me laugh people still view Kevin Keegan as some kind of untouchable figure who only ever did anything for our football club.

Particularly after his disastrous second spell and his disgusting lack of loyalty in walking out on those who actually love the club.

Kevin Keegan isn't a Geordie he won't ever be and he doesn't actually love our Club despite what people may like to think. 

SBR.

For us?<b> There's no comparison who was better for us though. No comparison at all.</b> And if you are referring to their spells in charge of us, then I really don't know what to say.

It makes me laugh people still view Kevin Keegan as some kind of untouchable figure who only ever did anything for our football club.

Particularly after his disastrous second spell and his disgusting lack of loyalty in walking out on those who actually love the club.

Kevin Keegan isn't a Geordie he won't ever be and he doesn't actually love our Club despite what people may like to think. 

Bobby Robson isn't a geordie either if we're being pedantic. And if you don't think Keegan loves our club then there is seriously something wrong with you.

There really isn't a comparison at all with what Keegan done and Robson. I'm not knocking SBR at all as he done a fantastic job for us, but what Keegan done was on another level.

SBR.

It makes me feel sad when I see people run down KK, slag Geordies like Bruce, Charlton & Clark or mock a Newcastle United captain like Roeder .  Most weekends after the primary objective of wanting Newcastle United win, I am checking to see to see which x-mags have scored or how clubs managed by x-Newcastle players have done. I do like MUFC fans who still take french flags to games with Cantona on, touch of class & they do like singing songs about former players.

So feel free to laugh at NEWCASTLE UNITED FANS who like KK, what you going to do next join in with mackems in singing: CHEER UP KEVIN KEEGAN....

f***ing hell the lad is called Gallowgate End as well.....next time your up there let everyone around you know how you feel.

SBR.

Bobby Robson isn't a geordie either if we're being pedantic. And if you don't think Keegan loves our club then there is seriously something wrong with you.

There really isn't a comparison at all with what Keegan done and Robson. I'm not knocking SBR at all as he done a fantastic job for us, but what Keegan done was on another level.

keegan hit his ceiling with us first time, his motivation skills were perfect for the club and the game at the time but as we saw in the title run in he was undone by a better manager on many levels (SAF)...he never came close to the same level again nor will he imo

what keegan achieved here should not be denigrated in any way but it is somewhat overstated by some people - he was afforded  A LOT of money to do what he did, lets not forget that

We know there are three camps on the Kevin Keegan front. Those who will always stick up for him, those who backed Ashley over him and those who are sick to death of hearing about it in every other thread.

So why not create thread one thread where we can either slag him off or defend him until the cows come home. Think of it as an NE5 v The World type thread.

Enjoy.

thers a 4th group..... those who are very happy and thankful for what he done as a player and first time round as a manager but were wary about his 2nd stint.

(can 1 person be a group ?)

SBR.

KK was always the king of spin and you believed what he said but this mess he left us in has sickened me and to compare him to sir bobby is a no brainer for me ,both different and towards the end sir bobby bless him imho couldnt handle the brats anymore but he loves us with a passion that will never die where as KK says what he wants us to believe we want to hear .

SBR.

Whilst I've argued for KK having done more for the club that SBR, I actually think the KK loving the club line is a slight fallacy (but not untrue). SBR was treated disgracefully by the club, but despite dying of cancer he still makes as many home games as he can. That's love. Keegan is incredibly passionate, but when did he ever turn up at SJP in a non official role?

SBR.

Whilst I've argued for KK having done more for the club that SBR, I actually think the KK loving the club line is a slight fallacy (but not untrue). SBR was treated disgracefully by the club, but despite dying of cancer he still makes as many home games as he can. That's love. Keegan is incredibly passionate,<b> but when did he ever turn up at SJP in a non official role?</b>

Last time Keegan was at SJP was when he was getting paid for it.

SBR.

Whilst I've argued for KK having done more for the club that SBR, I actually think the KK loving the club line is a slight fallacy (but not untrue). SBR was treated disgracefully by the club, but despite dying of cancer he still makes as many home games as he can. That's love. Keegan is incredibly passionate, but when did he ever turn up at SJP in a non official role?

fair point that mind...however wasn't he basically in a hate-hate relationship with the previous board?  or have i just made that up?

EDIT: and the current one!  :lol:

The number of people wearing KK tinted specs is amazing. KK Vs SBR no contest at all. KK perhaps played slightly more entertaining football but in terms of tactics, dealing with players, composure and possibly transfer dealings, SBR thumps KK many times over. Plus SBR is a man of integrity, he saw the bigger picture and always thought of the club first. He would never walk away from us and leave us to rot, oh and trust me he had his fair share of shitty Chairman (cue for NE5 to join the thread  :frantic:)

That is quite frankly poissibly the worst post I've ever read on this forum, and when I've finished what I've got to do I shall disect every last part of it.

Now that must be the most intelligent response I've read on this forum  :idiot2:

That is quite frankly poissibly the worst post I've ever read on this forum,<b> and when I've finished what I've got to do I shall disect every last part of it.</b>

:lol:

KK get 3 points!!!

Football legend Kevin Keegan has admitted speeding on the A69 at Corby Hill near Carlisle during a brief court hearing in the city.

In a letter to city magistrates, the 57-year-former international soccer star, who went on to manage England and more recently Newcastle United, pleaded guilty yesterday to a single speeding offence.

His car was captured by a police safety camera on August 27, as he drove through Corby Hill. The camera showed he was travelling at 36mph in a 30mph zone.

Keegan, who was awarded an OBE, is likely to attend court in person on February 5 because it is understood he already has nine points on his licence.

If a driver reaches 12-points, the courts have the power to impose a disqualification.

Speeding offences of the kind involving Keegan typically attract between three and six points. Keegan, of Hale, Altrincham, is expected to appear for sentencing before magistrates in Carlisle.

Keegan’s last managerial job was at Newcastle, but he resigned in September last year, only days after the speeding offence.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/1.503866

KK get 3 points!!!

<b>Football legend Kevin Keegan</b> has admitted speeding on the A69 at Corby Hill near Carlisle during a brief court hearing in the city.

In a letter to city magistrates, the 57-year-former international soccer star, who went on to manage England and more recently Newcastle United, pleaded guilty yesterday to a single speeding offence.

His car was captured by a police safety camera on August 27, as he drove through Corby Hill. The camera showed he was travelling at 36mph in a 30mph zone.

Keegan, who was awarded an OBE, is likely to attend court in person on February 5 because it is understood he already has nine points on his licence.

If a driver reaches 12-points, the courts have the power to impose a disqualification.

Speeding offences of the kind involving Keegan typically attract between three and six points. Keegan, of Hale, Altrincham, is expected to appear for sentencing before magistrates in Carlisle.

Keegans last managerial job was at Newcastle, but he resigned in September last year, only days after the speeding offence.

Surely the "Messiah" would be more appropriate or the Geordie Messiah even.............

KK get 3 points!!!

<b>Football legend Kevin Keegan</b> has admitted speeding on the A69 at Corby Hill near Carlisle during a brief court hearing in the city.

Keegan’s last managerial job was at Newcastle, but he resigned in September last year, only days after the speeding offence.

Surely the "Messiah" would be more appropriate or the Geordie Messiah even.............

Maybe you could be Fullwell end?

KK get 3 points!!!

Keegans last managerial job was at Newcastle, but he resigned in September last year, only days after the speeding offence.

Maybe you could be Fullwell end?

or 'I dont like to see The toon win'.

KK get 3 points!!!

Football legend Kevin Keegan has admitted speeding on the A69 at Corby Hill near Carlisle during a brief court hearing in the city.

Maybe you could be <b>Fullwell end</b>?

Is always full.......

full of shi*e.  :thup:

We know there are three camps on the Kevin Keegan front. Those who will always stick up for him, those who backed Ashley over him and those who are sick to death of hearing about it in every other thread.

So why not create thread one thread where we can either slag him off or defend him until the cows come home. Think of it as an NE5 v The World type thread.

Enjoy.

thers a 4th group..... those who are very happy and thankful for what he done as a player and first time round as a manager but were wary about his 2nd stint.

Make that 2, and you have yourself bonafide group.

Enjoy.

Make that 3. Now we'll have a schism.

SBR.

For us? There's no comparison who was better for us though. No comparison at all. And if you are referring to their spells in charge of us, then I really don't know what to say.

"For us?" What kind of 'objective' measure is that?

I get the feeling the  groups are arguing 2 different things here, 1 groups is arguing who's the better managers and the other are couteracting that argument with who's been the better manager for us.

I dont know anywhere in the world where people would choose the inferiro manager on the basis of a managerial achievment, achieved over 15 years ago. Frustrating logic.

SBR.

I get the feeling the  groups are arguing 2 different things here, 1 groups is arguing who's the better managers and the other are couteracting that argument with who's been the better manager for us.

I dont know anywhere in the world where people would choose the inferiro manager on the basis of a managerial achievment, achieved over 15 years ago. Frustrating logic.

Less to do with logic than sentiment.

SBR.

I've already stated my stance, Robson of course has dwarfed Keegan's acheivements for us as a manager throughout his career, and I absolutely love the man. But when comparing both for us, Keegan as a manager during his first stint achieved more.

Guest The Libertine

while keegan was here, bobby was off round the world winning trophies. keegan did an excellent job here but if we'd have had robson i think we'd have been better off in the long run.

SBR.

I've already stated my stance, Robson of course has dwarfed Keegan's acheivements for us as a manager throughout his career, and I absolutely love the man. But when comparing both for us, Keegan as a manager during his first stint achieved more.

There records for us isnt a million miles away - both turned us into title challengers. Its just one achieved it from a more precarious situation, the other did it with better teams around though.

Id choose SBR 10 times out of 10, i dont know why but i have genuine affection for the bloke, possilby the sort that you have for Keegan.

:thup: