February 4th - New Open NUSC Meeting - Download link (most of it) in OP

Tom_NUFC

Guest Stephen927

"That money goes into Ashley's pocket" on about season tickets..  Jesus wept they've got a qualified accountant there, has he not seen the accounts or what?..  :nope:

He's put over £100m in, chances are he won't be getting any return out for f***ing years.

All reducing the revenue streams will do is reduce the funds available for players & reduce chances of him finding a buyer.

They really are a bunch of deluded, self-important thick fuckers.

:clap:

"That money goes into Ashley's pocket" on about season tickets..  Jesus wept they've got a qualified accountant there, has he not seen the accounts or what?..  :nope:

Doing the maths, on a £600 season ticket isn't the VAT saving about £13 a year, i.e. about £1 a month? The admin cost of sending back the £1 would outweigh the refund, surely its a bit daft asking for this back?

No man, you have to criticise him for everything.  You'll never make the committee.

Have you considered attending mate?

Truthfully I've considered attending yes.  Even asked one or two on here if they fancied it.

Do you think my opinions would be heard because I'm fucking sure they wouldn't.

He's put over £100m in, chances are he won't be getting any return out for fucking years.

All reducing the revenue streams will do is reduce the funds available for players & reduce chances of him finding a buyer.

you do know you can disagree with someone's opinion without resorting to "deluded, self important thick fuckers", right? people at the meeting have said similar to you and it sounds like they're having a reasonable discussion exporing all the different avenues. but mebbe they should take your approach...

Guest Gemmill

He's put over £100m in, chances are he won't be getting any return out for fucking years.

Aye and you're the fucking clever one sat picking faults on a website.  Genuine fans of the club bothering their arse to try and have a constructive and meaningful debate about the current situation, and this is the level of your craic.  Turn up to the next one and enlighen people.  I'm sure you're a right clever bastard.

Doing the maths, on a £600 season ticket isn't the VAT saving about £13 a year, i.e. about £1 a month? The admin cost of sending back the £1 would outweigh the refund, surely its a bit daft asking for this back?

Don't think they have to send it back per month like, they'd send back the full amount for the time the new tax rate is in place in one go.  Still not going to be much though.

To be fair they could also just reduce the direct debit, however I'm not sure how the structure works. The tax point is the date of the supply to the consumer, and the legal position could be that the tax point is when you sign the contract to buy the tickets, you're just paying for it afterwards.

No man, you have to criticise him for everything.  You'll never make the committee.

Truthfully I've considered attending yes.  Even asked one or two on here if they fancied it.

I haven't heard anyone refused their say.

Guest Gemmill

I haven't heard them censor anything yet.  You haven't gone because you can't be arsed, don't try and make out that you feel like you won't get listened to or any of that shit.

Aye and you're the fucking clever one sat picking faults on a website.  Genuine fans of the club bothering their arse to try and have a constructive and meaningful debate about the current situation, and this is the level of your craic.  Turn up to the next one and enlighen people.  I'm sure you're a right clever bastard.

Mr. Funny's back.... and this time he means business....

I haven't heard them censor anything yet.  You haven't gone because you can't be arsed, don't try and make out that you feel like you won't get listened to or any of that shit.

:thup:

I went to a public meeting about a company reopening a coal mine in my village. A few hundred there all spouting off self interest and generic ramblings. One guy there had done his research and laid out a balanced view of the costs and benefits (in particular job creation and supply of local produce to the villages at a lower cost) and was shouted down and hounded out of the meeting.

I imagine a NUSC meeting would be similar if you weren't pushing for Ashley to be removed and for no money to be put into the club.

and for that reason, I'm out.

Yeah, I honestly don't know if they somehow haven't seen the accounts, don't understand them or just don't want to acknowledge them.  I'm certainly no fan of Ashley, I had the suspicion myself that he was sitting on club money and said as much on here, until I saw the accounts.  But now they've been made public its time to put that to bed, the whole "it all goes in his pocket" thing is a myth.

They'd be heckled out straight away.

if theyre lucky, if not,...lynched.

How do you know that? A few people have said they disagree with trying to force Ashley out.

No he's tagged the 100m on the sale price hence no buyers. Pipe down a bit.

How do you know that? A few people have said they disagree with trying to force Ashley out.

I'm guessing.

I can tell you without a doubt that one or two on that committee go against what the majority think, particularly when speaking to the press.

Guest Howaythetoon

There is more intelligence, passion and will being put out over that stream than there is by many on this fucking forum. I'm enjoying the discussions me and grateful fans are doing something about the state of the club, if only at this stage talking and having their say. Good on them and good luck to them. These are proper fans who care deeply about the club, unlike some of the twats on here.

Guest Gemmill

I can tell you without a doubt that one or two on that committee go against what the majority think, particularly when speaking to the press.

What's that got to do with you pretending that you're not turning up at the meeting because you don't think they'd let you air your views?  When in reality it's because it's easier for you to sit at home and play the clever shite on the internet.

Don't think they have to send it back per month like, they'd send back the full amount for the time the new tax rate is in place in one go.  Still not going to be much though.

To be fair they could also just reduce the direct debit, however I'm not sure how the structure works. The tax point is the date of the supply to the consumer, and the legal position could be that the tax point is when you sign the contract to buy the tickets, you're just paying for it afterwards.

My understanding is that it is the earlier of point of invoice or payment for VAT purposes

There is more intelligence, passion and will being put out over that stream than there is by many on this fucking forum. I'm enjoying the discussions me and grateful fans are doing something about the state of the club, if only at this stage talking and having their say. Good on them and good luck to them. These are proper fans who care deeply about the club, unlike some of the twats on here.

agree.