Kevin Nolan move to Hull denied by agent

Dokko

Did ok today. Nothing startling but filled a gap in the middle of the park and put himself about.

A decent debut all things considered. 

And I think he avoided injury too...  :thup:

And that.  :lol:

You might not care today - but you will, my friend.

And would we be that grubby long-ball club that, since the start of the 2002/03 season, has played you in the Premier League 13 times? We won 6, lost 5 and drew 2?

I love exchanging banter with fans of big clubs like Barcodes, Spuds and the Citeh Massif. It's a bit easy though.  :clap:

:lol: The pain.

It's been a rough season but that takes the biscuit.

Only banter, Yorkie! If you want to press my button give it the "big club" approach.  :thup:

I think we are a big club. Doesn't mean we can't be a shit one at the same time.

I thought he was anonymous today and the fact that some think he was alright tells me how far our standards have lowered.

Anonymous as in playing his first game with a bunch of strangers as team mates, putting in a shift and having the wit to get in position on the goal line to stop the other side scoring...

Noticed he was in the box trying to get onto the end of the ball, rather than actually picking up possession himself. I'm not sure whether that is a good thing or not, perhaps it would be ok with Guthrie in behind but it's the behaviour of an 451 midfielder IMO.

However, i have no doubt he will pop with a goal and work his arse off for the cause.

Didn't notice him, would like to have seen him get in the box a bit more when the ball was out on the left as most of the time it was just strikers in there. Other than that, saved a goal so a decent debut all round. :thup: Tough game to come into as well.

Guest BigTrev

he did ok what were people expecting him to come in to a team with no cofidence and all of a suden change everything and score a hattrick he made alot of runs into the box early on but when he realised he was not getting picked out or even aimed at he stopped and went looking for the ball

Guest BigTrev

the way i see it is he did ok stopped a certain goal, got forward when he could and spread the play at times been a while since we had a midfielder do that

Did OK today, would no doubt be helped by the removal of Butt as his midfield partner though.

Butt was shite again, didn't Nolan hit one off the line?

Butt was much better than Nolan, and that's coming from someone who thinks Butt is 10 yrs past his sell by date.

Did OK today, would no doubt be helped by the removal of Butt as his midfield partner though.

Butt was s**** again, didn't Nolan hit one off the line?

Butt was much better than Nolan, and that's coming from someone who thinks Butt is 10 yrs past his sell by date.

both were ok. no major balls ups and the most 50-50s i've seen us win in a while. lacking in creativity which i hope nolan will make up for with forward movement when we have forwards.

today twice nolan got a head of the ball. how often have our central midfielders done that the last couple of years ?

Butt could have been sent off before he was booked, he's so slow that I sometimes think time is standing still.  That pass that almost crippled Coloccini was typical of him and he does it far too often.

both were ok. no major balls ups and the most 50-50s i've seen us win in a while. lacking in creativity which i hope nolan will make up for with forward movement when we have forwards.

today twice nolan got a head of the ball. how ofyen have our central midfielders done that the last coupke of years ?

Two slow turgid twats in tandem. Absolutely soul destroying to watch. Fuck off to the Championship the pair of them. I just hope they aren't with us when it happens.

Agree that there wasn't much difference in performances between teh two.

Butt always has a decent game when he's coming back off two weeks rest. That was the best we'll probably see from him.

Nolan was signed 24 hours ago and linking up with new teammates for the first time. He can only get better.

today twice nolan got a head of the ball. how often have our central midfielders done that the last couple of years ?

What about the awful back pass that let Chopra in for what could and should have been the winning goal for Sunderland?  Butt had one of his better game, but he was still a liability at times.

What about the awful back pass that let Chopra in for what could and should have been the winning goal for Sunderland?  Butt had one of his better game, but he was still a liability at times.

ok then ,1 major balls up

bit presumptuous with the could've should've....not like it was the only chance in the game.

Guest Darth Toon

Steady debut - showed for the ball, got forward plenty and solid enough passing.

Another 6 footer for helping attack and defend set pieces too - that line-up we had out yesterday was probably the tallest starting XI we've ever had - Wimbledon mk 2!

Guest Howaythetoon

He talked and shouted more in just the 90 minutes alone than any of wor lot have done all season, absolutely berating Shola for lack of movement and Carroll once for not dropping back to help the midfield. In that sense he was very good. Performance wise he put in a solid shift, nothing spectacular but nothing abysmal. A reasonably decent debut I'd say. I did notice in the first half he was being used as the defensive midfielder as he was reticent to get forward, in the second half he got forward more and made several good runs which begged a good ball, balls that never came in.